Broken camera and controls in "The Steel Tide"

Broken camera and controls in "The Steel Tide"

in Personal Story

Posted by: Twoflower.3176

Twoflower.3176

“It’ll be okay, I can solo a personal story mission despite having dozens of ridiculously unbalanced missions in the past, I just gotta get through this so I can join my friends this weekend in the Arah dungeon…”

Should’ve known better.

For starters, the initial “defend the camp” goal? I am swamped and downed ten times in a row while my NPC helpers basically do nothing. That’s giggleworthy.

Next, tank shooting. NPC helpers getting slaughtered while I try to make the tank work. Every time I try to turn the turret, my camera flips 180 degrees and I’m kicked out of the tank. I can’t line up a single shot on those giants because my controls and my camera keep bugging out. I finally give up and switch to the mortars, which turn at a glacial pace. Every time I manage to take out one giant and switch to the other, before I can down it the first giant’s respawned, making me start all over again.

Then I get a connection error and what progress I did make is lost.

I have not had fun with this game’s personal story since Claw Island thanks to bugs, overly difficult missions, and yawn-inducing Trahearne focused writing. But at least the bugs can be fixed. So, fix this one, please.