Brute Force still bugged?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

Hey guys! I know that there was a post in the bugs forum about… 2 months ago concerning Brute Force I believe.

The issue is that there is an objective in the quest where you find the survivors, and then have to hold out against several risen waves and ‘defeat the undead attackers’. Unfortunately after a few waves the mobs stop spawning and there is no updated objective. It simply remains at ‘defeat the undead attackers’. According to wiki at this point the objective should update, but it doesn’t

One of the suggested workarounds was to quit the mission and re-enter the instance. Although I have done this 3 times and it’s not worked.

It’s on my level 21 Engineer, and I notice it happened on the first two occasions after the exploding risen mob wave put me into downed state. Don’t know if that’s related, because on the third attempt I killed them and the mobs still stopped spawning. The objective didn’t update.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

I’m unaware of any bugs, the undead waves trigger as you kill each one, so the best I can guess is that an enemy was hanging out somewhere.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

Yay Mr Jeff hugs

In the first instance I went throughout the swamp and I’m pretty sure I killed every last risen. So I’m not so sure about that.

On the second and third attempt, I didn’t do this. I did however kill the nearby mobs until there nothing in the immediate vicinity.

I did a fourth attempt and I heard new dialogue after the ‘exploding risen’ mob wave. Something about the NPC Sarrena saying ‘Hiroki will see us through!’.

Shortly after the next wave the objective updated and I could complete the quest

I am almost certain that the spawns stopped in the first 3 instances though. Thanks very much for your time!

Fear the might of Shatterstone!