Caladbolg

Caladbolg

in Personal Story

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

After doing the three endings of the order introduction storylines for silvari I start to understand why Trahearne has such a terrible pessimistic attitude. If I was forced to play with a crappy greatsword as Caladbolg I would scream ‘This won’t end well’ all the time too.

The damage output for each of the skills is terrible. If this is the ultimate weapon of the sylvari I do wonder how that race even could survive an attack of ambient bunnies.

I discovered the best tactics for these three stories (Dead of Winter , A Tangle of Weeds and Flower of Death ) is to fight in the same way as trahearne. Either lay on the ground being downed, so you can do a bit of decent damage, or get someone else in the team to do your dirty work while you take all the credit for the work.

Poor Trahearne, all that hate against him while all we need to do is burn that miserable thorn in the fires of Mount Maelstrom.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Caladbolg

in Personal Story

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Lol

Best PS post in a while.

One – Piken Square

Caladbolg

in Personal Story

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I for one really enjoyed Caladbolg and never had any trouble ripping up the place with it. But then my only Sylvari is a Guardian, so maybe that makes the difference.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Caladbolg

in Personal Story

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I did it on an ele (Dead of Winter, before the nerf ages ago), a necromancer (tangle of weeds) and on a thief (flower of death).

In all honesty Dead of Winter was a dissaster, but they tweaked it a bit, so it might be better now. Tangle of Weeds was okayish, but I really felt like that my minions and the npc’s where doing the most work. Flower of Death was doable as well untill you end up with only Trahearne and Caithe, so again depending too much on the npc’s.

My main point is that I really had no issue with kills when I was downed, while damage was very slow when I was up.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Caladbolg

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Sadly, unless you’re playing as a warrior or guardian, you pretty much have to kite and spam skill #2 most of the time to avoid being taken down.

It’s a shame too, the sword itself looks great and feels closer to a legendary weapon then any of the actual ones. It has a story behind it, glows when being wielded, hums when swung…it’s just a shame it’s special skills are kinda meh depending on what class you play, and it doesn’t seem to give weapon strength either. Maybe.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

Caladbolg

in Personal Story

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

I remember my sneaky backstabbing Thief suddenly being saddled with a greatsword and ordered to charge the Lich head on.

A Thief with a greatsword, assaulting a powerful enemy in open combat, by order of the Order of Whispers. clap clap clap Bravo Anet, bravo!

Caladbolg

in Personal Story

Posted by: Hopelessalchemist.4816

Hopelessalchemist.4816

I came to this realization when I first started playing sylvari. The reason Trahearne is so useless is all because of Caladbolg. God I hated that sword. I don’t have a heavy armor sylvari either. Ranger, theif, and then necro all used the same stupid sword and died multiple times because those skills are so annoying.

Caladbolg

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

Yeah that sword was such a huge letdown. I was almost happier that Trahearne was forced to use the sword instead of me because my Guardian’s normal Greatsword skills are way better than the ones that come with Caladbolg.

Caladbolg

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Yeah that sword was such a huge letdown. I was almost happier that Trahearne was forced to use the sword instead of me because my Guardian’s normal Greatsword skills are way better than the ones that come with Caladbolg.

Yeah. In fact, one of Caladbolg’s special skills is the guardian greatsword #2 skill(Whirling Wrath), except moving cancels it, and the energy crescents have the sound effect from the guardian sword #3 skill(Zealot’s Defense?), while Whirling Wrath’s crescents do not(unless they patched that in by now, I’ve noticed they been changing the sound effects on certain weapons for certain professions), which seems odd to me.