Claw Island Issues

Claw Island Issues

in Personal Story

Posted by: Urvile.3594

Urvile.3594

And I hope not the rest of the story line.

Way back 2 months ago I rolled a Guardian and enjoyed it so re-rolled another (came back to see the new content). I was surprised when I got to the middle 40s level and took the passive which resets Virtue of Justice. I discovered that ‘sidekicks’ for mobs (for example the pet of an Ogre Hunter) do not cause the passive to trigger. Wasn’t sure if this was always the case (2 months…long time for such a small thing) but not a huge deal.

Now..on Claw Island….I was utterly dismayed to see that NONE of the thralls, brute etc (standard full HP mobs doing normal damage) cause the passive to trigger. When I did the next (Vigil) story line where you help Almorra on the beach…AGAIN no standard mobs cause the trigger. The Veteran Abominations at the end fire it off normally when you kill them but nothing else. Does this mean that only ‘bosses’ will cause the trigger in the storylines? The Dragon on Claw Island but nothing else for example? (And when he isn’t int he 1st Claw Island that would make it even worse.

The final smack in the face was when I realized…hey I killed (or substantially contributed in a kill) on 50+ mobs in the 1st Claw Island …….and no drops. NONE. When I got to the beach story line…again no drops for 35 or more regular kills. Then I got involved with the 2 Veteran abominations and they BOTH dropped..

Dear god if the rest of the story line is this mess with only end rewards..I’ll do DEs. faster, easier by a long shot and you get drops.

Anyone else seeing this?

Claw Island Issues

in Personal Story

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

Yes I noticed this. The pattern I think I see is that the infinite-spawning mobs don’t give drops. I guess to prevent people/bots from farming.

Some thought provoking quote

Claw Island Issues

in Personal Story

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

Yeah it’s so that you can’t farm the event so unfortunately it’s the side effect to your passive.