Dzhudin Stormbreak - worst boss fight ever?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Hellmood.2097

Hellmood.2097

The boss of the lvl 62 Pact mission.

First of all, I am not complaining because this guy’s too difficult. On the contrary, he is absolutely not challenging it all. However, he is one thing: annoying as hell
First off, he is an insane HP sponge requiring you to slash, stab and shoot him for several minutes.
Second, he literally craps out stun and daze zones like a machine gun. Those are virtually impossible to avoid and usually affect you even well outside of their circle or during a dodge roll away from them.

My suggestion would be to buff his damage A LOT because I never dropped below 90% of my HP once I killed all the Abominations he throws at you. Then, reduce his HP by A LOT because bashing a target for minutes isn’t challenging but tedious.
Then tweak his stun zones to be avoidable.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Hopelessalchemist.4816

Hopelessalchemist.4816

This fight was so irritating to do on a thief. Normally I’ll be hopping around like a bunny avoiding attacks while also stacking poison and bleeds. This fight sucks because I couldn’t move without getting stunned, and then he moves to the other side of the area and I couldn’t do anything. Those stun zones need to be made avoidable so that future players don’t get as annoyed.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Ultimately it’s a long, boring boss encounter at the end of a long-boring quest. The quest itself has serious problems with pace, length and tedium, not the mention the fact that there’s a part where you’re holed up outside with some asura, waiting for waves to spawn. Not only do some of them takes -ages- to appear, but there’s one with two veteran krait which are highly likely to kill you what with their high health and damage, and the fact that NPCs in this game are terribly weak.

As for the boss though, his health is stupidly high, you’ll easily kill all the abominations before his health even drops below 80%, and that stun field that appears every few seconds, coupled with his teleporting makes the whole thing just take longer and makes it more frustrating. And I also agree with the fact he does low damage, makes the fight not even feel like a fight, and more like whacking a steel pinata.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Alex.9567

Alex.9567

agree, the quest is poorly designed – too long, too boring, only thing i liked about it was the victory music at the end.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Ah yes. That fight. It was annoying that I couldn’t just dodge/shadowstep through the fields without getting stunned/dazed. Also, he puts protection on himself through the whole fight. The only hard part is the abominations, after that, it’s just a matter of catching and hitting that slippery wraith enough. At least he drops a champion loot box now though.

The mission itself is okay, aside from the defense part taking a bit long and the constant stun/daze fields the boss like to use.

Attachments:

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Personal Story

Posted by: SattyTheCzar.2064

SattyTheCzar.2064

Why is this even a fight? From what i interpreted, this is just a guy who blips around your screen and makes for bad player experience. I rescue some people from a mine then what? Random named guy attacks and dies.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

The biggest challenge in this mission, and the boss fight, is staying awake long enough to complete it.

The boss is just ridiculously annoying. Hits like a little girl and runs away like one, while making stun fields every split second.

It’s a horrendously boring and irritating boss fight.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!