Posted by: barringer.7623

barringer.7623

@Alur.7510

How is that a good thing?

End Story Loot. (spoilers)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rockhorn.2376

Rockhorn.2376

So I just finished my storyline today….wow.
The story itself was just intermediate at the end, the Zhaitan bossfight is an absolute joke, and to top it all, I get 5 level 20 blues?
I expected more from ANet.

Rockhorn Stonehide – Far Shiverpeaks

“Run to your false gods, we have tanks.”

in Personal Story

Posted by: Gambit.6047

Gambit.6047

Did this Today and got level 20 to 39 gear I mean come on hope you fix this and we get 5 more bags giving us appropriate gear..

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aven.7295

Aven.7295

so my whole story lead up to lvl 20 greens and lvl 20-80 blues… thats …well frankly insulting.

Aven Scorchfield, lvl 80 Guardian
Server: Maguma
Guild: Judgement [Eye]

in Personal Story

Posted by: Future.8641

Future.8641

I do hope that the people who have opened these items and gotten terrible rewards will be compensated. In guild wars 1, after completing each game you’d get a unique weapon/item of your choosing – it was worth it. Personally I got 5 blues between the levels 16 and 32.. Total value? about 4 silver, for killing an Elder Dragon.. Please Arenanet, give the people who completed it with these terrible rewards a better one. Or let us redo the very final story quest where we got the rewards.

“I greet you like the sun greets the morning.” – Kodan

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yeah just completed the story and opened my boxes.. immediately came here Bunch of lvl 30ish blues and 1 green.

I really hope the fix will be retroactive.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Please fix the reward and give ALL the player who completed the personal story quest a new boxes. I’m sure u can track all of those who completed their personal story via ur database, just mail us the new boxes once fixed!

Pretty please! Give us the retroactive fix! Otherwise, massive whines for sure! As i’m sure the “EXOTIC” boxes should drop something more worthy than a kitten random lv20-80 green!

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

in Personal Story

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Pretty please! Give us the retroactive fix! Otherwise, massive whines for sure! As i’m sure the “EXOTIC” boxes should drop something more worthy than a kitten random lv20-80 green!

Or worse, all gear under level 20.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ixliam.7859

Ixliam.7859

I’m still holding onto my bags hoping for patch notes that say the fixed it. I really liked what they did in GW1 when you beat the final boss in the series/expansion, and you got a token to pick out whatever gear/weapons you wanted. I think something like that would be better than “bag of random stuff”.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Spoon.3826

Spoon.3826

I’ll probably never see the ‘actual’ reward I was suppose to get from this… Am I?
This reminds me of the GW1 story line, the part where your character ascended by fighting a mirror image of yourself.
Beated it, a week later they announce “uuh, yeah, so we kinda upped the reward of this whole ascension deal. You now get like 3 times the reward but uuh, too bad for the people that already did it. You get nothing.”

I’m like the rest of you guys, got a bunch of random blues and greens around level 20-40

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rarespawn.6028

Rarespawn.6028

I really hope they reward those of us who already got to lvl 80 and finished the final quest, not knowing it was bugged.

To say I was supremely disappointed by the final quest loot, is an understatement. It felt completely anticlimactic and I felt completely ripped off, as in, “I saved all of Tyria and all I got was this lousy t-shirt (5 lvl 40 blue and green items).”

All you have to do is mail out the appropriate reward to those of us who have already completed the final quest! Problem solved, no hard feelings! I will have to let all of my guildies know not to finish their final quest because the sucky reward was unintentional.

You guys should really make an official post about that and tell people to hold off. Because this will undoubtedly ruin the game for some.

Mesmer 80, Elementalist 80, Guardian 80, Ranger 40

(edited by Rarespawn.6028)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mr Bugle.8937

Mr Bugle.8937

Just finished personal story and opened the bags since I didn’t know about this bug. I really hope we get reimbursed for this.

in Personal Story

Posted by: inkjay.5723

inkjay.5723

Any word on a fix or retroactive reward? There’s other threads about this issue floating around and no word on anything that might resemble a fix.

Half of the events are still bugged too so my guess is that they are more concerned about fixing the game first than about us lvl 80s who finished the story. pretty shïtty nonetheless.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Emboror.9253

Emboror.9253

When is this getting fixed ??? I would really like to finish my storyline and i dont think im the only one.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Darthdevil.9015

Darthdevil.9015

Did they fix it with the new patch ?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Thanatos.9160

Thanatos.9160

So… I’ve used the boxes, what now?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Erikon.6495

Erikon.6495

I think you are screwed if you opend the boxes, because Anet has no way to physicly manifest themself in the world and handle out boxes to people

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rarespawn.6028

Rarespawn.6028

I think you are screwed if you opend the boxes, because Anet has no way to physicly manifest themself in the world and handle out boxes to people

It is called ‘in-game mail’.

Mesmer 80, Elementalist 80, Guardian 80, Ranger 40

(edited by Rarespawn.6028)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rukario.1695

Rukario.1695

Terrible rewards for a terrible boss fight. Let’s pewpew a Dragon till it falls.

The story is missing a crucial part where we should fight it after it falls to the ground. This is pretty d@m|\| pathetic. And you don’t even get damaged during the final phase.

As for the phase before Zhaitan, the amounts of Risen that appear on the ship from shots of the Champions is REDICULOUS. I died over 25 times with our group of 5 because we couldn’t even man the cannons. Do you even know how frustrated I was? It wasn’t hard, it was STUPID.

I also find it pretty hilarious that the Risen Giants are bigger than the dragon itself. I feel like Zhaitan was scaled down 1/10 in comparison to the artwork that’s shown throughout the game.

To add onto that, Zhaitan wasn’t even a monster. It was a map prop.
You cannot target Zhaitan. I found this to be… just… “ROFL, LOLWTF” worthy.

I hope you add more to the ending fight, because that itself made the game not even worth it. :I Jornag is a MUCH better end-game boss.

IGN: Rukario(.1695)
Server: Maguuma
World: 100%

(edited by Rukario.1695)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

I would really like to know if they are going to retroactively give out these rewards. I am on the very last step but I am holding off on completing it until the rewards get fixed, but it’s getting harder to wait. If I knew I would get the updated rewards when it is fixed I would just go ahead and complete it already.

As for those saying they can’t do it… while they might not be able to randomly spawn stuff in the world for the sake of doing it, they could put in a one time bit of code to check on first login after a patch to see if a player has completed the story already and give them the correct reward, or an NPC who will give you the correct reward if you didn’t receive it (they did that with the Hall of Monuments portal stone).

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nox.8967

Nox.8967

There is nothing in the patch notes to indicate this was fixed.

Are you serious Anet?? Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

in Personal Story

Posted by: Erikon.6495

Erikon.6495

if you read this, do not finish your story quest under no circumstanses unless they fix this

in Personal Story

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

Whether you look into it or not doesn’t do squat for those of us who got the insult box.

I got 1 lvl 26 green and 4 crap blues (all blues are crap, so that’s redundant).

I did the quest with guildies with 3 of us being on the quest. We also got influence books that we all used and NONE of those have appeared in the guild log or upped our influence total. Changed zones and waited a day since the guild screen is sometimes WAY off for reporting…everything.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cloudpiercer.2504

Cloudpiercer.2504

If/when this gets fixed I hope they reward the people that found out the hard way it was bugged with some new bags. Best item I got from my batch was a lvl 30ish blue plate helm.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

I got 100% completion in all WvW maps and in each case, rewards were level 46 greens, and crafting materials of that range. Such a horrid let-down, if only it were the only one.

Given the difficulty of completing the WuvWuv zones, I would definitely expect much better rewards. Is this being looked into as well?

in Personal Story

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I got all junk too. I’m… not to pleased to hear that this was messed up.

As it is I made a huge mistake on my own the other day and lost 2 gold on the auction house.

To hear this happened to me too just makes me a little misty eyed.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dott.7069

Dott.7069

I really hope people like me who have completed it can get compensated. I felt really cheated at the end when I really didn’t get anything cool and now its going to be fixed…

Micah The Protector/Elanor Snowmane/Dott
Reddit Refugees [RR]
www.intothemists.com

in Personal Story

Posted by: Soulkeeperx.6903

Soulkeeperx.6903

I just hope when this is fixed that players who have finished it already get some kind of reimbursement~ Another bag I hope.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

So glad I saw this. I was going to complete it tonight. :-O

in Personal Story

Posted by: yohanes.9738

yohanes.9738

I don’t see how they can retroactively fix this for players who already finished it this sucks, i was disappointed at the time but assumed i was unlucky, I wish i had screenshotted it:(

in Personal Story

Posted by: Izodn.8045

Izodn.8045

I really hope ArenaNet comes up with a way to redo this story mission, I got low-level blues…

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

So Guild Wars 2 is not worth finishing!

Never saw this sort of problem in GW1

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

They should at least give us an update…

EDIT: Just to see if this has been fixed…I opened my boxes. LO AND BEHOLD!

5 blues – a level 21, a level 48 and 3 level 80 blues…sigh >.<’

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

(edited by Sir Vincent III.1286)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mephisto.1604

Mephisto.1604

i too hope for replacements, was excited to see the exotic colour to find 5 items that well…….wouldnt even be used on an alt >.< and yeah hitting 2 for x amount of time needs to be changed to make the final fight more epic, its an elder dragon, not some vet or elite mob

in Personal Story

Ameepa.6793

Heh, they made the whole game and they have a way to do anything in it. They can even make a huge dragon wearing a bunny suit swooping suddenly from the skies bringing you gifts if they want.

Would be cool…

in Personal Story

Posted by: bbanfillov.9308

bbanfillov.9308

Sorry to be a let down and kind of mean about this but this is what you get for blowing away your $60 in 2 weeks xD. Glad I am taking it slow and haven’t ruined my play experience!

in Personal Story

Posted by: inkjay.5723

inkjay.5723

Getting to 80 and finishing the story is like the easiest thing. It’s faster than some single player games ;P

Plus the only thing ruining the experience is the bugged reward and the lack of word from ANET on this.

in Personal Story

Posted by: BFNK.6748

BFNK.6748

Expect the final storyline mission’s reward to be severely nerfed! This is too OP.

in Personal Story

Ameepa.6793

I also tried to take it slow but it is not possible in this game because everything you do gives you levels and fast. Only way would be just standing in Lion’s Arch doing absolutely nothing.

Farm materials for few hours and BAM you just gained two levels, use those materials and BAM 3 levels. Explore 100% that other race’s starting area and come back with three more levels. Couple of story missions and congratulations, you just dinged twice.

My point is just that regular “taking it slowly” does not work here. It’s pretty much the same amount of hours to level to 80 no matter what you do. Only difference is how many hours per day you play.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Larandil.1869

Larandil.1869

I hope, that they will fix this. i want to end my personal story, but with that lootbags?

A word from Anet would be great!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Digital Mus.7365

Digital Mus.7365

awww :/
Shaman’s Cabalist Boots of Scavenging, level 65 green
Cleric’s Focus, level 78 blue
Malign Worn Chain Coat, level 19 blue
Rampager’s Reinforced Scale Helm, level 78 blue
Penetrating Krytan Greatsword, level 31 blue

Kitten.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

A word from Anet would be appreciated, as things are I am advising everyone I know to NOT finish the story.

It is a sad state of affairs when the developers are more concerned with angering a few dungeon farmers than actually fixing a core aspect of the game.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I don’t set up rewards, so I don’t want to give any inacurrate information… But we are fixing this, and we’re looking at a retroactive reward for people who have already finished the final dungeon. (No ETA on either, sorry!) But you have not been forgotten, nor are you being ignored.

in Personal Story

Posted by: MajorFauxPas.2364

MajorFauxPas.2364

If they fix the reward, they could give it to everyone who has completed the story. Obviously that would not be over-rewarding anyone since it’s all vendor trash.

Hey, um, which way to the outhouse?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Death Aggro.9602

Death Aggro.9602

Thx jeff for the response.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

Thanks Jeff for the update.

One note: I see you mentioned a retroactive reward for people who have already finished the final dungeon and opened said loot bags, for those of us who were warned, should we keep the bags in our inventory/bank unopened or just wait to complete the quest that gives them entirely?

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

It’s my understanding that the final reward will be corrected for people who complete the step, and we’ll be doing something for people who have already completed the story. It shouldn’t matter if you already opened the bags, or have them untouched, since we don’t want to punish people who (in good faith) opened up the rewards and got a bunch of low level items.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

Understood, I’ll just leave these bad boys in my bags then. Thank you for the prompt response. Keep up the great work guys!

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in Personal Story

Posted by: Duv.1603

Duv.1603

Hip Hip Hooray!