End Story Loot. (spoilers)

in Personal Story

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

To be honest, I don’t see why you don’t just add an exotic or rare weapon in it.

The whole fight vs Zaithan was bugged. (I hope it was a bug cause, kitten, this was a let down fight). Or I hope he comes back.

I don’t finish my last quest yet, just after this update. But, I have to say. You guys made a wonderfull game. But are sloppy with some things.

in Personal Story

Posted by: OutsiderSubtype.4329

OutsiderSubtype.4329

Have to agree. It’s the final mission. No level 80 character gives a kitten about level 78 greens. It should be Level 80 rares or exotics.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jgr.8765

Jgr.8765

Yeah, make it right. GW1 style!

in Personal Story

RobinotX.1604

1. Zaithan is still bugged. He is still the Elder Dragon of Huggs and is probably get an update.

2. Seems that the end of the PS still gives loot you can better sell then use.

So what can ANet do about it?

1. Fix the bug (obv) and hopefully give Zaithan a nice return with Halloween. I seriously think he isn’t death yet.

2. Give a random generic Weapon/Armor exotic piece in Arah style for clearing your Personal Story. Only level 78+ items aren’t worth it.

UNLESS, you get at least some level 78 gear and one exotic would make this much more worthwile.

How do others think of it?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lycis.1843

Lycis.1843

GW2 still lacks titles besides the HoM ones. There are so many possibilities for implementing titles: Order initiation (lightbringer), beating zhaitan etc. Of course its not top priority but are they so hard to implement?

in Personal Story

RobinotX.1604

Or titles are bugged. I mean, I do remember I got the Title Champion of Orr from the late king of Orr

in Personal Story

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

If they gave a level 80 Exotic weapon to every person that finished the personal story, wouldn’t that make Weaponsmithing and any other trade skills that craft weapons kind of worthless? Maybe not worthless, but it sure would hurt them.

I would love to see at least one item with a unique skin though for completing the story. I’d be fine with it being a green or a rare. Alternately, some other cosmetic reward (in addition to the random loot) such as a unique mini-pet or something would be cool.

I’ve been holding off on finishing the last mission because of the reward so I’m not sure… is there at least a title for completing it?

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle

in Personal Story

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

Level 78 greens? That is still junk loot. One is better off grinding random events than going for those bags.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mirkin.6851

Mirkin.6851

Have to agree with other posters, the cumulation of one’s personal story should provide a suitably awesome item, such as a weapon.

Probably best idea would be a soulbound token that can be redeemed with a vendor npc for a soulbound rare weapon with a suitably impressive skin, maybe a different guild crest skin, so they can display their story completion.

Let crafters keep their exotic weapon trade, but give people something worth keeping while they farm the gold/materials for their exotics.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

^ Crafters don’t have a trade. The sell prices of items you can create is usually lower than the cost of selling the materials for them. The only way to make money crafting is begging people in LA to use you as a service.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zagdul.1502

Zagdul.1502

The 9/24 update has:

“End of Story Loot bags improved to only give green or better lvl 78+ gear.”

I don’t know if it also has a retroactive fix for players who have already the step, but we do plan on giving players who have already done the step updated loot.

Any update on this? As in, if we vendored our loot, will we see the retroactive rewards?

(edited by Zagdul.1502)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

in Personal Story

Zagdul.1502

You linked me to the post I quoted sir.

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Nothing has changed.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sphinx.8091

Sphinx.8091

Random 78 greens is still very generic, and will not appease many dissapointed players on putting in all the time and effort to reach a goal of such anti-climactic proportions.

I already know of several players who have lost interest and stopped playing..

Why is it not like GW1?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Bahamut.7029

Bahamut.7029

soo what will happen to people who already opened their loot bags ? will we get another shot at it ? or is it lost forever ?

Charr , Blood Legion Warrior \m/
Tumblr:The Bahamut

in Personal Story

Zagdul.1502

Why do the goshgolly quote buttons keep disappearing?

@Jeff, thanks for the response.

(edited by Zagdul.1502)

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I wish I had more/better news, but like I said nothing has changed since my last post. Once I know that a retroactive fix is in place, I’ll let y’all know. (My guess is that they’ll mail out updated loot bags to people who have completed the final story step, but I don’t really know.)

in Personal Story

RobinotX.1604

@ Jeff.

Can you actually tell us if the change is giving us at least 78+ items with the chance getting exotics. OR are we getting 78+ items with an exotic or rare? Cause most people are angry about it.

Furthermore thanks for being so honest with us and trying to keep us up to date. Really cool of you. Think a thank you was in is place

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Jeffrey Vaughn.1793:

The 9/24 update has:

“End of Story Loot bags improved to only give green or better lvl 78+ gear.”

I don’t know if it also has a retroactive fix for players who have already the step, but we do plan on giving players who have already done the step updated loot.

First, thank you Jeff for posting your response. I really appreciate it. What I do not appreciate however is the solution and choice for the end-reward.

Did the guys who work on these rewards even play Guild Wars 1? I mean, players complete their personal storyline (campaign!) and get a RNG bag?

Just give players a unique token that they can hand in for a reward of their choosing (lvl80 exotic weapon with a unique skin, or any one of the existing dungeon weapons?) during a big celebration party for defeating Zhaitan, not a bag of 78+ vendor/salvage trash.

This is supposed to be the crowning achievement for the hero, the Destroyer of Zhaitan. But instead the hero zero gets a bag of random crap the soldiers managed to loot off corpses.

Sorry for the harshness of this message, but seriously. This is the best those guys could think of as an end-reward for players completing their campaign? A bag with mostly random 78+ green junk? I am very disappointed.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lafal.9472

Lafal.9472

I have to agree. Where did all the GW1 designers go? All this hype about not using the Holy Trinity mechanics etc. Yeah, it sounded brilliant. I thought it would be as well!

But the fact that some Exotic armor has better stats than standard level 80 armor is quite annoying. This goes against everything that GW1 stood for, even if someone had a cheap 15k set it would have the exact same stats (except for runes and insignias) as the Obsidian set. Same goes for weapons. They all had the same amount of damage even though a staff like BDS was worth 250e or more on the market. I spent 7000 hours in GW1 simply because I loved it, and I still do.

Guild Wars 2 is a beautiful game. The art is fantastic as always with Guild Wars. But I miss the depth of GW1.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Raynor.5741

Raynor.5741

A bunch of random 78 lvl crap for completing personal story and killing greatest threat in Tyria history is a really an insult. Bring back unique rewards, like in GW1!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Shack.9081

Shack.9081

Hey guys, when GW1 came out they didn’t have that fancy pick an amazing weapon system yet. You got squat, except for the pride that comes from beating it.

But this isn’t GW1. This is supposed to an evolution, and I cannot believe players are not seriously and uniquely rewarded for finishing their story. What were all those videos and talk about story being so important, when you don’t even reward the player for all their effort and becoming a “hero”?

I have yet to beat the game, and now, I’m in no real hurry to(well less of a hurry, I still want to see what happens and like my story so far). The end reward might seem minor to a lot of people, but I’ve been playing since the beginning of GW, and to see it take a step back in rewarding their players is pretty disheartening. Why would you have retroactively inserted the system into both Prophecies and Factions if it wasn’t a great idea?

Cmon Anet. Soulbound, exotic weapon of their choice, will it really break any mechanic or balance in the game?

(edited by Shack.9081)

in Personal Story

Posted by: TheSabi.2378

TheSabi.2378

so basically what was said at Gamescon was true the game wasn’t finished when it launched and they didn’t expect anyone to hit 80 this fast (which…did they even play their own game? It tosses XP at you). the bags just generic loot flaged for it.

It actually gets acknowledged with the addition of it being retro active, another week goes by and it’s not some special reward for finishing the personal story but a lvl 78+ green which by this point I Can craft better then lv 78+ greens and even if I couldn’t there’s also a chance I can’t even use it for my class. On top of this now they don’t even know if it’s retroactive but might be…some day…maybe..

This is why you do REAL beta tests to test all your content, not hype machine pay to test BWE. This is also why you FINISH making the game before you release it, so instead of band-aiding something like this you can actually take the time to make a unique reward.

Hell you can take the time to finish making the game so lvl 70-80 isn’t..well what it is now. Ahh but what does ANet care they got thier box sales, they got their good reviews which I’m sure “marketing partnerships” had NOTHING to do with…(hint: I don’t think you were supposed to post that hand written letter from IGN on your fb page)

yet another cash grab from another MMO company who promises the “world” and delivers a dried catkitten#8230;you out bioWared BioWare.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rophus.1469

Rophus.1469

Sure they were mostly masterwork items, but did anyone else get lvl 48 items?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nefarious.2014

Nefarious.2014

Jeff,
Please plead our case to the team working on this fix.
The players NEED to be rewarded with a useable item we can be proud of (an exotic, because anything else is used for maybe a week). The personal story is a fun experience and should be rewarded for the achievement it is supposed to be.
Level 78+ greens are literally vendor trash, unless it’s an exotic which we can actually use.

The BEST suggestion so far is “a token for an exotic weapon of our choice from a vendor”… or you an limit our options (just arah vendor for example).

ANYTHING less will be very disappointing to, well, everyone. Is that how you want the personal story saga to end?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Oh, ANet. Where didst thou go wrong? In better days, you really, truly did know better than this.

Level 80. Exotic. Just one.

Guild Wars 2 is like working for the cheapest boss you have ever had. You put in a full year’s work and ask for a day off, and he can’t even bring himself to give you that. One level 80 exotic. Come on guys. Are you really this cheap? If the idea of handing out a single “unique” weapon, ala GW1, actually terrifies you this much, it says a lot about not only the current (busted) state of the game’s reward system, but also your company’s vision for the game’s future.

I don’t care about the weapon so much as I’m concerned that you can’t even do THIS. This small thing that was just a basic component to GW1. And if you can’t do this, I expect you’ll never fix anything else in regards to loot and overall income and rewards. You might even reduce them even more. That’s a real step backwards as a game, and a company. And probably just to save yourself some work.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Just to ask, why not just a unlimited use weapon skin of choice?
4 possible pre profession, you chose 2 of em:
Warrior – Greatsword, Hammer, Sword, Axe
Guardian – Hammer, Staff, Mace, Torch
Hunter – Longbow, Shortbow, Axe, Warhorn
Thief – Sword, Pistol, Dagger, Shortbow
Engie – 2 options for Pistol, Shield, Rifle
Mesmer – Greatsword, Scepter, Focus, Pistol
Ele – Dagger, Scepter, Focus, Staff
Necro – Staff, Axe, Scepter, Dagger

No whine about loot (since it should be hard to get not a, for now, 20 min turret segment after a lot of ranged auto attack spam and one interesting boss fight), who finishes personal story gets a special treat to be a bit more “unique” and no other type of gameplay rewards (i ended up building the golem just since a guildie was in WvWvW, and it honestly was a boring zergfest and the golem doesnt know how to move at more than 3 steps a minute… you outrun him even if you just walk).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Personal Story

Posted by: wormbuffet.8619

wormbuffet.8619

I was all excited when I saw the X5 Loot bags had that exotic color to them.

3 blues and 2 greens, can’t remember if they were 78+ or not and can’t check anyway since they were all salvaged/vendored.

Utter trash.

What I don’t get is the direct reward to slaying Zaithan the dumbest dragon of all time was a rare item of equal quality to the one I had equipped.

Then the reward for celebrating our HUGE victory bla bla is vendor trash. Not to mention most of the quest rewards have been vendor trash except for the very last few of them.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jerry Higmenson.5817

Jerry Higmenson.5817

Well I guess won’t be finishing story mode. Kinda sad.

in Personal Story

Posted by: bytor.7695

bytor.7695

Are you guys for real? We’re lucky we’re even getting anything for reaching level 80. What happened to the satisfaction of reaching max level, and the perks that went along with it, as a reward? When did you all of a sudden decide you needed some special treat at the end? The first Guild Wars? This is Guild Wars 2, a different game.

I don’t know what MMO’s you guys have been playing, but I never got any rewards for reaching max level in the many I’ve played. Be thankful you’re getting something at all and that they took the time to at least make it a little better.

in Personal Story

Posted by: AXEL.8362

AXEL.8362

bytor, no one is asking any reward for getting max level. Why dont you read the posts here?
The issue here is the anticlimatic reward for beating the final boss, the maximum evil in this game.When you just saved the world and you receive some lvl 78 crap you cant feel anything but surprised at least, by such lame reward and ingratitude from the Tyrian people. I mean, cmon, you just saved the world! The least they can do is give you something cool. It doesnt have to be an exotic weapon, a simple weapon or armor skin should be enough. Something unique, not something you can loot by killing some filthy zombies or spiders in Orr. Its Zhaitann for f sake.

in Personal Story

Posted by: foozlesprite.8051

foozlesprite.8051

Hoping I can get my stuff retroactively too if you do that—though I did enjoy the story (and would love it to be replayable so I can show friends). Zhaitan was a bit of a letdown fight after the rest of the dungeon was so hard though!

in Personal Story

Posted by: inkjay.5723

inkjay.5723

Meh, at this point I don’t even care if they give retroactive rewards. Level 78 crap I can get from any mob in Orr, when it’s working at least. Not a title, or cosmetic to transmute, etc. Why bother? Might as well have something I can use. I’d take trophies or crafting materials any day instead.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Taz.2394

Taz.2394

Oh? So players don’t want lvl 30 sell-to-npc crappy items? Fine!
Let’s give them some lvl 80 sell-to-npc crappy items! That should work!

qT (Quantify) | Shy | Elementalist

in Personal Story

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

I’d like to see more worthy of loot for rewards too but the market is already flooded with crap to the point of nothing having much value…what would this REALLY add?

There’s little point in special rewards when they’re a drop in a sea of loot. There are too many ways that some players have figured out to flood the economy with stuff. I don’t think ANet has much of a clue what’s going on here.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Yup.9560

Yup.9560

So I’ve just opened my loot bags to much disappointment,
lvl 78 Cleric’s Cabalist Coat of Dwayna (Light armor)
lvl 80 Rampager’s Cabalist Hood of the Centaur (Light armor)
lvl 80 Rampager’s Pirate Shoulders of Scavenging (Medium armor)
lvl 79 Carrion Pirate Hat of Dwayna (Medium armor)
lvl 79 Carrion Reinforced Scale Gauntlets of Grenth (Heavy armor)

So I can use only 1 of the 5 pieces I got as I am a Warrior!
Also, I didn’t even get my back slot item that was supposed to be awarded at the end of this story line….

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

Dear Content Designers.

Please refer to Guild Wars, wherein the ‘Deldrimor Talisman’, ‘Amulet of the Mists’, ‘Book of Secrets’, ’Droknar’s Key’, ‘Imperial Dragon’s Tear’; Are hero rewards.

A ‘Sack of Random Junk’ is not a fit reward for a hero.

I cannot imagine playing a second hero through the Orr portion of the story to end up wishing I was back in Tyria.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Busko.7408

Busko.7408

So now that you only get 3 bags… dose that mean that people that keep there bag not opening them are in the + with 2 bags to get chance on loot ?. This is kind of unfair for all thats doing the quest waiting for it to be fixed or already opened the boxes.
Why not like its been said give 1 exotic weapon of chose for class and 1 exotic armor of choose for your class fair and easy done.
Special when the missions before last where giving you gold items. You kill the end boss and then get some lame 78 green that i can by of AH for 2 silver… And also its not even CLASS specific.

Im a Kitty Cat rawr
what what what….

(edited by Busko.7408)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Indeed, I would really wish for weapons or armor that I can actually USE myself as a reward for completing MY personal story – you know, being the hero and all that
Guesss I’ll wait a little longer to do Arah
(Bad enough that I hardly ever get anythig I can use for completing areas…)

Polka will never die

in Personal Story

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

From the patch notes:
“More improvements will be made in coming weeks. Players who complete the story before the final update will be equally compensated once the new rewards are in.”

Sounds like they’ve got more planned past the random loot bags. If they do decide to do something like a unique skin or special tokens it will certainly take some time. The increase to level 78+ green or better loot for the random bags is a really welcome change though.

Busko, my guess is that, as with most things, the change is not retroactive and players who had the old loot bags aren’t getting the new level 78+ greens from them. I could be wrong but so far there haven’t been many changes that were retroactive like that.

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle

in Personal Story

Posted by: TheSabi.2378

TheSabi.2378

yes it would take some time, which should have been taken pre-release not the crap they’re pulling now.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

so i just finished the personal story
the rewards are 3 green items, one of which i couldnt use even if i was desperate enough to want it,
something i dont understand for pvp, a place im not interested in so will probably never use,
and a guild influence scroll which really has no use to me for my character at all.

come on guys, this is the end of personal story rewards, why are they so bad?
all 3 items are going to be merched because of the low quality and the other two are of no use to me at all.

way to exceed the disappointment level

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ryan.6951

Ryan.6951

Oh? So players don’t want lvl 30 sell-to-npc crappy items? Fine!
Let’s give them some lvl 80 sell-to-npc crappy items! That should work!

pretty much this.

Thanks for the update Jeffrey, but somehow, knowing that anet looked at this, said “hey let’s fix that so the players feel good about beating the personal story” and then made this the fix is somehow worse.

Garbage rewards, working exactly as intended…

in Personal Story

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

I wouldn’t consider myself as having a strong sense of entitlement, though I’m going to agree with what other posters have said regarding the reward surrounding the personal story. There’s currently nothing that really lasts and spawns pride for the journey and obstacles that we’ve faced. A few random generic rewards that are more likely than not going to be sold to a vendor or salvaged just doesn’t cut it.

I’m not even going to ask for better gear. What I’d like is something that acts as a memento – be it a title or a choice between a handful of unique weapon and armour skins that can be kept and applied as we see fit.

On a side note, as an avid role-player it would be very much appreciated with the lower ranking titles within the likes of the three ‘main’ factions were made available after certain story steps. Please take a leaf out of other MMO’s in this regard, especially since there seems to be an abundance of ‘silly’ titles and yet very few ‘immersive’ ones.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

I got my loot bag last night and did not open them yet. Should I open them or wait?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nefarious.2014

Nefarious.2014

Just completed it.

I got 1 yellow level 80 item (17 silver anyone?) and 2 greens (3 silver anyone?)

I opened because, if they make any FURTHER changes to this end loot, it will be a significant change and these bags will probably be meaningless.

Can we all get behind one suggestion?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/story/End-Reward-Suggestion-can-we-all-get-behind-this/first#post249077

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sold.2173

Sold.2173

hoooly wow @ the amount of ‘I WANT FREE LOOT’ in this thread…
remember how in other mmo’s when they threw high quality gear at you? and it gave you no reason to play any endgame because you got everything so quickly?

thank you, arenanet, for not making this game so stupidly easy that i’ll get bored with it in a month. There are gamers in the world that appreciate you guys not babying us.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sold.2173

Sold.2173

Just want to say Thank you to Arenanet. By not giving us free excotics/epics/whatever, your making people work for their gear. By not having high quality items rain out of the sky for every crybaby thats playing gw2, your letting people that leveled crafting to 400 benefit from having done it.

Thank you, arenanet, for not babying me with free gear. I love you guys.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

…no one is asking for ‘free loot’. Considering the length, time, emotional investment and effort that a player puts into the personal story then it’s really not unfair to want something more meaningful as a reward. Something that lasts and shows that we’ve been on a journey and completed it.