End Story Loot. (spoilers)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nefarious.2014

Nefarious.2014

Sold’s logic is the typical elitist attitude. He feels kitten in exotics and only feels elite if everyone else has less.

“Don’t allow people to have X because it will devalue what I have worked for.” If you crafted all the way to 400 just to make yourself exotics, you did it wrong and missed the point.

Crafting to 400? Congrats, you can make people items, you got to 80 way faster through crafting, you are one step closer to a legendary, etc.
If gear is not important in this game, why do you care about them rewarding ONE exotic for completion for a story arc?
An upgrade at 80 is an exotic or it is nothing (that will last more than a few days).

in Personal Story

Posted by: Luterin.9876

Luterin.9876

hoooly wow @ the amount of ‘I WANT FREE LOOT’ in this thread…
remember how in other mmo’s when they threw high quality gear at you? and it gave you no reason to play any endgame because you got everything so quickly?

thank you, arenanet, for not making this game so stupidly easy that i’ll get bored with it in a month. There are gamers in the world that appreciate you guys not babying us.

Grats on completely failing to understand the issue here. I suggest you actually READ a thread before posting in it next time.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

You know, I have to agree with all the people who say set it up like GW1 where you get a top of the line weapon that has a unique skin.

I used my Forgotten Staff on my Ritualist for YEARS. It was a nice skin, great stats for my build. It wasn’t really coveted as an item for trade, because it wasn’t rare, but hey. Who says it has to be worth a billion ectos to be good for someone?

I’d have 0 problems with anyone getting 1 exotic weapon from completing their personal story. Giving them a token that lets them choose between several is even better.

That’d give it that real “Guild Wars” feel. When prophecies got such an end game celebration and reward, the game just felt more complete, you know?

Think about maybe having this done (and retroactively reward people who completed it prior) later on when you can. Have staffs that have the scepter of orr/staff of the mists skin! With scepters with a smaller version of that skin. Think about it, at the very least for the 1st anniversary of the game’s launch.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ryan.6951

Ryan.6951

nice double post Sold. Try high fiving yourself next time for added street cred.

No one’s saying they want free epics and tons of loot. But what we all agree is that for beating the game we get nothing but a few silvers; since the likelihood of keeping anything from loot bags is very small by the time you get them.

Make it a title.

Make it a cosmetic skin.

Make it a minipet.

Make it anything that a player can take with them to have some personal pride in.

EDIT: though yeah, a single unique item was the best. And I always sat through the credits whenever I beat a campaign in gw1. Do you know how many times I sat through the credits on Zaishen quest days that made you beat imperial sanctum?!

Not having it in gw2 definitely gives me the feeling I haven’t completed anything yet.

(edited by Ryan.6951)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

yea its not about wanting the silver platter, its about an actual reward.
seriously, i picked up better junk off the deck of the boat

in Personal Story

Devildoc.6721

It isn’t “free” epics for one, and GW, and GW2 aren’t about having to do raids for comparable gear. All exotics (and legendaries) are statistically the same, intentionally. They have to complete their entire PS campaign to get it, including a dungeon run, so.. 1 level 80 exotic weapon seems fair payout for it.

obviously such a system wouldn’t be in place soon, it’ll probably take a year.. but I seriously hope Anet considers it.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nefarious.2014

Nefarious.2014

Sold: “no reason to play any endgame because you got everything so quickly?”

He loses all credibility with this comment. He equates GW2 endgame to exotics.

You’re doing it wrong.

in Personal Story

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Just want to say Thank you to Arenanet. By not giving us free excotics/epics/whatever, your making people work for their gear. By not having high quality items rain out of the sky for every crybaby thats playing gw2, your letting people that leveled crafting to 400 benefit from having done it.

Thank you, arenanet, for not babying me with free gear. I love you guys.

Doing the entire personal story is a hell of a lot more work than leveling a crafting profession to 400.

in Personal Story

Posted by: heymike.1609

heymike.1609

The 9/24 update has:

“End of Story Loot bags improved to only give green or better lvl 78+ gear.”

I don’t know if it also has a retroactive fix for players who have already the step, but we do plan on giving players who have already done the step updated loot.

What !?! You are kidding right? Why would I be interested in finishing the story for crap? I mean the “main” plot is to work your way though the story … I’m right at the last part and that is where I will stay then … after all I can run lvl15 zones and get green lvl78 drops as it is … and farm mats to sell to get actual lvl80 gear that I desire.

in Personal Story

Posted by: heymike.1609

heymike.1609

Just want to say Thank you to Arenanet. By not giving us free excotics/epics/whatever, your making people work for their gear. By not having high quality items rain out of the sky for every crybaby thats playing gw2, your letting people that leveled crafting to 400 benefit from having done it.

Doing the entire personal story is a hell of a lot more work than leveling a crafting profession to 400.

Agreed … and yes I have 3 professions @ lvl400 …. But, I have not … nor will I finish the personal story until it has been fixed.

in Personal Story

Devildoc.6721

Considering the difficulty of some personal story quests, I’d agree. Crafting is just grinding, personal story quests will kill you several times, hell, it might kill you so much that you have to quit them to repair and come back later.

Not to mention finishing in a dungeon.

It’s not a silver platter.

It’s equivalent to the work required to get max stat greens at the end of GW1 campaigns at least.

in Personal Story

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Considering the difficulty of some personal story quests, I’d agree. Crafting is just grinding, personal story quests will kill you several times, hell, it might kill you so much that you have to quit them to repair and come back later.

Not to mention finishing in a dungeon.

It’s not a silver platter.

It’s equivalent to the work required to get max stat greens at the end of GW1 campaigns at least.

If you’ve got a lot of gold, you can actually completely level a crafting profession in about 30 minutes without ever leaving the city.

in Personal Story

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Aha, I finally got my GM tag added, so this should up as an official post. Anyway, we’re currently looking at the issue, it’s definitely not intentional. Thanks!

Haha, though you where trolling with your first post :P

Great to hear you guy’s are going to fix this!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

hoooly wow @ the amount of ‘I WANT FREE LOOT’ in this thread…
remember how in other mmo’s when they threw high quality gear at you? and it gave you no reason to play any endgame because you got everything so quickly?

thank you, arenanet, for not making this game so stupidly easy that i’ll get bored with it in a month. There are gamers in the world that appreciate you guys not babying us.

Given how many hours are invested in the story – your idea of “free loot” is quite silly.

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rarespawn.6028

Rarespawn.6028

The storyline is very long. It took me quite awhile (lots of dying, and LOTS of bugs) past lvl 80 to finish all of the quests.

The first reward, 5 crappy blue or green items of various level, was completely unacceptable. I cannot put into words my disappointment upon receiving this ‘reward’.

The ‘fix’ (I guess you guys use this term loosely) 3 lvl 78+ green items…is an insult. What use do I have for those at level 80? Why even bother giving us 3…why not just eliminate the stupid reward?

I am ashamed of myself for defending you while you were working on this ‘fix’ for the final reward. I had faith that you were going to come through with something great for your players and that it was all just a big misunderstanding.

Why not give me a skin or minipet or something for all my hard work? It doesn’t need to be exotic. I just want something cool I can show off that proves I finished the final quest?

I have absolutely zero motivation to play through story mode on my alt characters (which would have kept me very busy), because I know that all that is waiting for me is more vendor trash. I don’t understand why you want to kill your re-playability ArenaNet…you made branching story lines for a reason right? Give me something to work with here!

I have defended and praised GW2 from the start. I love the races and the classes. I LOVE the gameplay. But as a serious gamer who has logged over 10 years in RPGs and MMOs, the final quest reward, as it currently stands, is completely inappropriate for saving the world from an undead dragon.

Shame on you ArenaNet. Shame on you.

Mesmer 80, Elementalist 80, Guardian 80, Ranger 40

(edited by Rarespawn.6028)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nox.8967

Nox.8967

So im confused…..

I heard loot was bugged, so i waited 2 weeks to do this quest. Went in killed big Z. Got the reward for completing the dungeon. Level 80 yellow hat with stats I dont use. Whatever, free ecto.

That was it.

What are these loot bags everyone is talking about? Or did they just mean the chests from the bosses before Z?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rarespawn.6028

Rarespawn.6028

When you turn in the final quest, you get an exotic colored ‘bag of loot’. First it held five crappy items. Then they fixed it. Now it holds 3 crappy items.

Mesmer 80, Elementalist 80, Guardian 80, Ranger 40

in Personal Story

Posted by: TheBaron.4927

TheBaron.4927

So has this been fixed? and what is the last personal story quest called? some people say its the level 80 dungeon in storymode?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I am at Victory or Death in my storyline. I think that is the point where you get the final reward at Fort Trinity. I caught wind of the loot isssue and I have avoided my personal story like the plague until they have confirmed this fixed.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

So has this been fixed? and what is the last personal story quest called? some people say its the level 80 dungeon in storymode?

I believe it is “Kill Zhaitan.” And yes, it is the lvl 80 Arah dungeon story mode. At least that’s where I am in my PS, and I’m praying its the end. The bug is fixed in that you don’t get 5x lvl 40+ items now, instead you get 3x lvl 78+ items.

Imo, still kinda crappy considering the amount of time it takes to slog through the ham-fisted, meandering, inarticulate personal story (can you tell I don’t like the PS?). I can get better rewards for finishing of Leap or Shore in a 1/10th the time it took to get through the PS.

I have no idea why this isn’t done the same way they did it in GW1, after completing the main story, you get your choice of 1x max level weapon (in this case, a single lvl 80 exotic would do). I don’t see how that breaks anything considering the large number of weapons useable to each class, you still have plenty of need for crafting to get a full max lvl weapon set. You invest a lot of time in the PS and the rewards are, imo, paltry at best.

Sanctum of Rall

in Personal Story

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

and the story sucks in execution, compared to gw1 as well. So we got conned with a crap story and worse unusable loot.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Here is what I would expect from the last reward from completing the personal story arc: the culmination of everything you have worked for.

-a specific piece of gear tailored to your character, based on the choices you made , the class you have chosen, and the order you have picked.

It does not have to be exotic, but it must be of sufficient visual significant that the player will be willing to keep it for the looks and transmute onto something

So, say I’m a charr warrior and I picked vigil. My reward is the ‘vigil grandmaster warrior’s helm’ which is like a normal vigil helm but with plumes and insignias of rank on it and such. Maybe I also get some sort of heirloom of forgal’s to carry around to remember him by. If I helped the quaggans, maybe the quaggans give me a unique mouth breather skin. If I helped the skritt, maybe they gave me a huge shiny coin that I can use as a shield. Stuff like that.

Then I feel like I got something. I feel as though the choices I made were significant, that you cared about what I did, and crafted a reward appropriate to the specific path I have chosen in the game.

Getting a bag of random vendor loot is a big let down. Increasing the value of the bag of random vendor loot is nice, but it doesn’t take away from the feeling this was all slapped together with very little care and attention to detail.

You’ve created a very nice framework with all the different paths and choices in the personal story. You need to build on those for the rewards and capitalize on your previous work.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Basically: every major plot point the player chose in his personal story should be represented by a piece of loot at the end. These pieces of loot do not have to be amazing level 80 exotics. They could exist just for the skins. Or they could just be named appropriately and share the same look and stats of other pieces of loot.

Example for a human guardian:

-I chose the parents storyline. At one point it said I picked up half a medallion. Then that part of the story more or less was dropped. Reward could be the other half of the medallion and I can combine them with a transmute stone for a necklace.

-I chose the vigil. Forgal was my bud. Maybe one of the rewards could be a focus that is forgal’s old mead mug. Or something.

-I chose to help the quaggan. I could get a special piece of underwater gear with unique skin (or at least just flavor text) from the quaggans.

-I chose to get the Norn fighters to join my side. Maybe I could get some nice appropriately barbaric looking shoulder armor from them or something.

It would just be nice having that gear around so you could look at it and remember “oh yeah I helped those guys” or “Oh yeah they fought beside me”.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lemon Mogget.2974

Lemon Mogget.2974

Not sure if you guys are aware, but there is a series of “Pact” weapons (viewable in the PvP armor locker) which are unobtainable in PvE thus far. There is also a “Pact Requisitioner” in the end instance at Fort Trinity who claims to give out weapons but so far does not.
1 + 1 = 2

Chillax and wait for them to fix it.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Raynor.5741

Raynor.5741

More likely they wanted to give unique weapons for completing the story, like in GW1, but changed their decision and cut them in the last moment and changed rewards to some random crap.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Not sure if you guys are aware, but there is a series of “Pact” weapons (viewable in the PvP armor locker) which are unobtainable in PvE thus far. There is also a “Pact Requisitioner” in the end instance at Fort Trinity who claims to give out weapons but so far does not.
1 + 1 = 2

You’re right! I also found a lot of ‘pact’ entries on the GW2DB including this:

Pact Victory Token
Pact Requistioner Hargrove offers good service rewards in exchange for this symbol of victory.
Bind on Acquire

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Personal Story

Posted by: Direwolf.7812

Direwolf.7812

OK I might have it a bit better than you guys, I got 1 green level 80 headgear when I downed Zhaitan as the reward.
However…. the skin for the headgear was the exact same as a level 30 headgear and so horrific that I could not bear to wear it.

I would of expect to be able to wear something that looks unique for my effort in downing Zhaitan… Like maybe a Zhaitan Fang on my head?

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT MORE EFFORT IN THE DIFFERENT VARIETY OF GEAR LOOKS IN THE GAME!!!!

in Personal Story

Posted by: spicytunaroll.7295

spicytunaroll.7295

i just opened my 3 bags and got 3 level 80 greens that amounted to about 4.5s. is that normal?

i can see at the beginning of the thread the issue was with the level of the rewards. seeing as how all the gear is lvl 80, they’ve already fixed that .. but the quality of the rewards .. is that what you’re really, really supposed to get after completing the story? x_x;

in Personal Story

Posted by: Corpdecker.3819

Corpdecker.3819

I had been holding off on doing this quest for a while, waiting on the devs to fix the junk loot. I am quite disappointed to see the rewards are still junk. lvl 78+ greens are not worth my time. I may finikittenomeday to help a guildie out, but you’ve totally shattered my impression of this game with these sorts of things.

I’d love to be in on the team meetings where this is discussed and anytime I hear something decided like this I could whack the person with a Nerf bat labeled “NOPE”. This was supposed to be the fix for disappointing, lackluster rewards. The fix was slightly better, yet fewer and still disappointing, lackluster rewards ?
http://teamorthodoxy.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/jackiechan.png
There seems to be a severe disconnect between what the population wants and what you are interpretting and I’m not sure why.

The idea to offer a single unique exotic choice is obviously (read “OBVIOUSLY”) the way to go here. GW1 had it right, finish the story campaign, get something cool, be happy. None of this is happening now.

(edited by Corpdecker.3819)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Karadoth.8370

Karadoth.8370

The exotics all went to Trahearne and Destiny’s Edge, it was really all about them afterall.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

To be honest they could have easily (and I do mean EASILY) create a reward for this.

You chose to be either Vigil, Whisper, or Duromond (sp?)….

Just give a weapon skin choice at an EXOTIC level weapon.

This would then match the story line as it would be a gift for representing your choice and defeating the dragon which would match the storyline.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Asunder.2173

Asunder.2173

I will keep this short and sweet.

I find it VERY disheartening that I can get a more pleasing and meaningful reward from EXPLORING a zone, that I get from killing a dragon (that was raising an undead army to annihilate Tyria!), consequently saving the world….

Now, I am a huge fan of this game, many things about it revolutionize the genre. Having said that, the justification and effort the team has put into rewarding players appropriately literally makes my brain hurt.

Now, for constructive criticism.. Random bag of crud does not suffice. Give appropriate names, give unique skins. The gear doesn’t have to be fantastic statistically (because I understand a concern is screwing over tradeskillers with uber lewts), but the culmination of a storyline that was talked up so drastically pre-release, is rather lack luster in the “time and effort = reward” department (especially considering the content bugs in the latter quests, making some quests a “bash my head against the wall” headache fest).

In closing, you have a very capable team of artists that have created a beautiful world, and I am sure could knock this concern out of the park. Utilize it please. Thank you.

in Personal Story

Posted by: spicytunaroll.7295

spicytunaroll.7295

honestly getting an exotic for slaying the dragon seems too much to me. the reason i say that is because i feel like reaching level 80 and completing the story isn’t really difficult .. especially in comparison to how long it takes to reach max level in other games.

you’d probably finish in 2-3 weeks if you spent a lot of time dungeoning and completing maps.

it also feels like the journey to 80 and story completion isn’t meant to be a multimonth task. this means that a lot of your time spent after reaching 80 is going to be gear optimization/pvp/wvw and it just seems silly to give out an endgame exotic? atm they’re kind of the be all end all equips.

a rare with a unique skin with suffice imo.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

I’m not doing Arah SM until they fix the reward.
It’s a joke we get exotics for completing a zone in a hour but trash for the quest you did for 80 levels.

in Personal Story

Posted by: inkjay.5723

inkjay.5723

It’s a joke we get exotics for completing a zone in a hour but trash for the quest you did for 80 levels.

I absolutely agree.

Like others have said. We don’t want to be showered in end tier loot, we want appropriate unique rewards for the amount of time and effort spent on your personal story. We want ANET’s content designers to put a minimum amount of thought into this instead of giving out random crap.

in Personal Story

Posted by: KryoKore.3281

KryoKore.3281

I’m not doing Arah SM until they fix the reward.

Agreed, this pretty much hits the nail on the head. God I hope they don’t nerf rewards now for zone completion (j/k)!

(edited by KryoKore.3281)

in Personal Story

Devildoc.6721

It’s comparable to the effort put into a GW1 campaign, and GW1 campaigns rewarded top of the line unique items with maxed stats.

Guild Wars hasn’t been about grinding your way to top gear, gear with equivalent stats to the best of the best was always easy/cheap to get.

It’s also a comparable effort to completing 400 of a crafting profession.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Just finished. Got three greens I can’t even use. -_-

Only thing useful was the Alpha Siege Golem blueprint.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Personal Story

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

1 + 1 = 2

Agree, just relax. So many things hint on the last mission simply not being finished.

Arenanet has been giving out great, usable items throughout the whole story (the rare greatsword for instance) and as the last mission was apparently rushed (I hope so) there was no time to implement the reward they wanted to give you.

I mean, some people might have noticed the “aah…..right…hmm…that was it? aight…” feeling upon 1-keying zhaitan to death, drinking whatever baverage one made.

I hope we can replay the mission when it’s finished and then chose an appropriate reward.
For more demanding/spectacular dragon fights go for any other the lieutenants for now.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

well, i see i was robbed… doubly so…

after completing victory or death, one party member linked 3 exotic level 80 medium armour pieces that he/she won as rewards. was a medium armour class, and the party leader.

i, an elementalist, won a masterwork hammer, a masterwork medium armour piece, and a masterwork light armour piece.

if the party leader gets all the nice loot, and nobody else does, something defenitely needs to be fixed.

these are from the exotic bags obviously…
all the boss chests gave me were “fine” junk.

– The Baconnaire

in Personal Story

Posted by: Miso.1956

Miso.1956

hour and half for 3 masterwork items i cant use…. kk

in Personal Story

Posted by: Pyska.1457

Pyska.1457

Guess i’ll wait and see if they change anything before i finish. Still amazed that they did it this way. Should at least get one exotic for all the work done and something your class can use, that’s not really asking for too much.

in Personal Story

Devildoc.6721

Guess i’ll wait and see if they change anything before i finish. Still amazed that they did it this way. Should at least get one exotic for all the work done and something your class can use, that’s not really asking for too much.

I’m wondering… there’s a section of weapons in the PVP locker called “pact” weapons that we can’t find anywhere in PVE ..

I’m hoping that the end game reward would be an exotic Pact weapon of our choosing (using a token system like in GW1). Make the weapons account bound so that if you really want you can hook up an alt with a second pact weapon say you’re dual wielding.

It would be fitting and satisfying for the campaign.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Found this over on the wiki:

“Pact Requisitioner Hargrove is an NPC that appears in Fort Trinity at the end of the Personal Story Quests, in the Victory or Death instanced version. He has the dialogue to buy weapons from him, but currently, only the sell option is available. He is behind a door that is normally closed, to the left of the door that leads to the airship. "

So combined with the fact that working models of all the Pact weapons are already in the game-files as well as those Victory Tokens, I’d say that it was intended for the player to be awarded a token upon completing their storyline which they could hand in at Hargrove for a rare quality weapon with a unique skin.

Question remains why they ‘deactivated’ Hargrove’s inventory and the token; because everything is already in place to offer a real unique reward instead of these ‘random crap’ bags we’re getting now…

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Personal Story

Devildoc.6721

maybe they’re debating whether they should be rares or exotics.

I think exotics would be fair, but a lot of the people coming from WoW would think that’s “free epics” or ’welfare epics" and would complain about it and want only rares.

Let’s put it this way, I have an exotic weapon already, I don’t want to blow a transmute stone to be able to use a campaign finale reward.

Just like tier 3 cultural armor needs to be exotics rather than rares.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

They need to make unique weapon skins just for the personal story ending. The vendor should have all weapon skins availible to purchase but you only can chose one.

Only having one weapon skin make them unique and not over saturating. It would be a skin you can transmute once for free like the armor skins in the gem store. This way it wont hurt the crafting market by people not needing to buy or make exotics because your personal story simply hands you on on a platter.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

On a side note, managing to get your crafting to lvl 400 does not mean you can immediately craft whatever exotic gear you want – it’s only the beginning either a substantial amout of gold “lost” to the trading post or a substantial amount of time spent farming. (I still haven’t figured out a reliable way to get ectos)

I’ll just hold off doing Arah story mode a little longer I guess, since it would really be nice to get a suitable reward for killing Zhaitan.

Polka will never die

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I did the dungeon SM with other 4 ppl, but my storyline is at lvl 76, does this count? I dont remember receiving any bags. Still waiting hoping that they make better rewards for the story.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

A Mini Zhai Zhai pet!

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Personal Story

Devildoc.6721

I have 3 level 400 crafters and am going to finish 2 more crafts shortly.

I think personal story content is harder than getting the crafting done, so don’t tell me it’s “handing it to me on a silver platter”

I can make an exotic a day without even hitting the TP.

This would be 1 exotic per character, with a unique skin, after all the deaths they’ve taken in their personal story. All the time their solo character was zerged by 20+ mobs with lackluster NPC support.

Give a limitation on stat choices if you want, crafting will still have more variety in stat combinations, and it would be appropriate to the greens in GW1. There was only 1 stat set per weapon usually (well aside from 1 staff per attribute, but each of those staffs had the same stats)

But don’t make the claim that crafting is more effort… it’s really not.