End Story Loot. (spoilers)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cal.1985

Cal.1985

Any update on the updated rewards for the people that completed personal story?

Cal Dae | Tainted | Piken Square

in Personal Story

Posted by: mals.2479

mals.2479

I just got to this stage and to be honest I was so so annoyed I logged off. It is not a “personal” story if it take a world event and a group dungeon to complete it. Worse the loot is said to be on par with the Star Wars personal story loot (total garbage). I am going to take a break for a while, this was a bit of a deal breaker for me. There are some nice aspects of the game, and then there are things like this.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

It’s simply an inadequate ending to the whole effort. Therefore I will not bother with it on future characters.

After all Trahernia is the hero and gets the sword. I’m sure he can chop down the next dragon without me

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

in Personal Story

Posted by: TNK.5461

TNK.5461

Just completed the PS…i cant believe that the end of the personal story (leveling 1 to 80) after such epic fight against zhaitan you recieve junk armor…this dont fit at all

in Personal Story

Posted by: killertofu.3209

killertofu.3209

Guess I’m holding off on the last quest….

in Personal Story

Posted by: Tricki.8569

Tricki.8569

So is this still giving lowbie gear or does anyone know if it had been patched ?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

So is this still giving lowbie gear or does anyone know if it had been patched ?

giving 78+ greens…

……….

in Personal Story

Posted by: Spoon.3826

Spoon.3826

Any update on the updated rewards for the people that completed personal story?

Quoting this.

Anet’s radio silence after telling us that you guys would look into the issue is getting pretty bad.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

There is a retroactive fix planned, and I’ve also been told that we’ll be using a GW1-style token system so you can choose a better reward item when you complete the story. (We agree that three green items isn’t cool enough.) I wouldn’t expect to see the new rewards and retro fix until the 10/28 update, though, because the upcoming holiday content is eating up our precious testing time.

(edited by Jeffrey Vaughn.1793)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Spoon.3826

Spoon.3826

Awesome.
Thanks for the reply&info!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dash.8027

Dash.8027

Jeffrey, what about those of us that just salvages the low level, horrible loot we got as part of the retroactiveness?

Is this going to be more like a ‘do-over’?

[Os] Guild | Engineer | Sauer | :3
| http://www.sheriffsauer.com – “Engineer Hanbook” |

in Personal Story

Posted by: Derpinator.2894

Derpinator.2894

I just want to ask one question then I’ll go cry in my chocolate milk for a while:

What items did your test team get for finishing the personal story?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

The lessons of GW1 repeating themselves, it seems. There is much to learn from the original game that seems to have been lost in time.

Will it be like GW1 in that they’ll be unique looking with max stats, or are we doing a GW2 thing where it’s only a rare with a normal skin, or…?

in Personal Story

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

because the upcoming holiday content is eating up our precious testing time.

Maybe it might be a good idea to, I don’t know, not do a holiday event when still working out large launch issues?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Godot.5302

Godot.5302

Then people will just be asking “why isn’t ANet doing anything for Halloween? Where’s the community, man?!”

The developers can never win, it seems. =P

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dimitris.3195

Dimitris.3195

Jeffrey I have already sold the items I got from the 3 bags since they had no use for me, so I would like to know if I will still receive the new tokens that will be implemented in the future. Thanks for the info as well

in Personal Story

Posted by: Stratzvyda.3921

Stratzvyda.3921

Yeah halloween may not be a big deal for the new people, but for me(and i assume a fair number of other GW1 players) halloween was the coolest and most important event of the year. There would be riots and cow bombs everywhere if mad king thorn didn’t come.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Froze Steel.7604

Froze Steel.7604

Same here Strat.

The events in GW1 were some of the best times out there. I’m stoked for GW2 first holiday event.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

As far as I know, any character who has completed the story will receive mail with the new reward(s). We’re not transmuting the old rewards or searching the character’s inventory for them, etc. so it doesn’t matter if you sold/salvaged/deleted them.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

Make an amazing Hallow Jeffrey, then I can just be like this in LA again:
http://medicmagic.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/drool.bmp

Thanks for the update

in Personal Story

Posted by: agnostAnts.7065

agnostAnts.7065

“I’ve also been told that we’ll be using a GW1-style token system so you can choose a better reward item when you complete the story.”

So, is that what the Pact Requisition Officer in that last part of the story mode is all about? I was so excited seeing that, only to find out that he didn’t actually SELL me anything.

in Personal Story

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Yeah halloween may not be a big deal for the new people, but for me(and i assume a fair number of other GW1 players) halloween was the coolest and most important event of the year. There would be riots and cow bombs everywhere if mad king thorn didn’t come.

Eh I’m a GW1 player. But I would be happy just logging onto GW1 for a night to see old thorny if it meant more effort put into bug fixes.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sold Out Activist.1580

Sold Out Activist.1580

My problem is that there ever was consensus 3 greens was an acceptable reward.

“Okay, what’s the reward for completing the story.”
“How longs it take?”
“Full play through? At least a few solid days.”
“Three greens.”
“They’d should get at least that many during the last mission…”
“We don’t want people farming the story.”
“They can only get the reward once per character….”
“Farmings bad, man.”
“It doesn’t seem fruitful to delete level 80 characters just to start over the storyline. Especially since it can’t be easily botted.”
“Farmings really bad, man.”

in Personal Story

Posted by: Hoggie.2769

Hoggie.2769

I completed my personal story yesterday and boy was i disappointed by the complete rubbish end reward that was given. The only thing I could use was the Guild 1000 point thing but where was the nice Orange loot that a ranger could use for saving the land?

Very disappointed with the end….

in Personal Story

Posted by: Icewolfnector.1487

Icewolfnector.1487

“There is a retroactive fix planned, and I’ve also been told that we’ll be using a GW1-style token system so you can choose a better reward item when you complete the story.”

I hope those tokens aren’t sould bound.
Please make them account bound or not bound at all(like it was in GW1).
Because I asume the rewards you get will be the pact weapons you see in the pvp locker and I want two of them for my thief

in Personal Story

Posted by: Passive Aggressive.3154

Passive Aggressive.3154

So I just finished my personal story as far as the single play part is concerned. I haven’t done any of the dungeons yet. I realize that the reward being talked about in this thread is for the completion of everything including all the dungeon storylines but you might want to look at the reward for the last part of the single player mode as well.

I defeated that eye of Zhaitan boss in what was an annoying (but not impossible) fight. When I realized it was the last fight I was hoping for something really cool. At the very least I was hoping for something along the lines of a level 78 or 80 rare (one of the most recent awards for another part of the story was a rare 78 weapon). Something that would help my new 80 in working toward his goal of getting full 80 rares then working toward exotics.

What I got instead was three items that could just as easily be received by opening a Black Lion chest. Really underwhelming!

“Do what you want to do and don’t tell other people how to behave.” ~ Ruth Stout

in Personal Story

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

“There is a retroactive fix planned, and I’ve also been told that we’ll be using a GW1-style token system”

AWESOME!!! bro fist Anet

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zeki.7829

Zeki.7829

This is awesome news!! i was so disappointed to hear about the crappy end reward considering how much time you have to invest to complete the full story. Glad i waited at the Victory or Death part! but not so glad i already did Arah story mode before getting to the end part of the storyline quest and discovering i have to do it all over again ><

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Wait a minute…

So for your personal storyline, you have to group up and do a 5-man dungeon? Why is this not stated anywhere? All I can see in my log is ‘Kill Zhaitan’ with no references at all of it requiring 4 other people. Unless it’s listed somewhere else, you might want to implement some better notification because me and a friend were initially planning to go in with the two of us (because the both of us just happened to be on the last stage).

Next to that it’s great to see that a retroactive fix is planned and will feature the GW1-style token. But that ‘feature’ was already there from the beginning, so it was the initial intention to go with the GW1-style token in the first place.

Someone up the line apparently chose to remove the means of giving that end reward to the players by having the vendor’s inventory disabled and not hand out the victory token in the reward menu after the defeat of Zhaitan . Instead of the token, that someone decided to fill that slot with a ‘random loot bag’ instead it seems.

All the end reward items, ‘pact victory token’ and vendor were already in the gamefiles (weapons are even viewable in the PvP locker and everything).

But I guess Jeff meant that detection scripts need to be added to send out a mass-mail with the token to people who already completed the storyline and replace the loot-bag with the victory token for those who have yet to complete theirs, which could take slightly longer to implement. At any rate I am glad to see that ArenaNet will implement means to rectify the situation and give people a more fitting reward.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Personal Story

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Wait a minute…

So for your personal storyline, you have to group up and do a 5-man dungeon? Why is this not stated anywhere? All I can see in my log is ‘Kill Zhaitan’ with no references at all of it requiring 4 other people.

I know the personal story is more single player. But in the end, you have to face the inevitable fact you are playing a MMO, and in conclusion , you will need to connect your end story with others.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Wait a minute…

So for your personal storyline, you have to group up and do a 5-man dungeon? Why is this not stated anywhere? All I can see in my log is ‘Kill Zhaitan’ with no references at all of it requiring 4 other people.

I know the personal story is more single player. But in the end, you have to face the inevitable fact you are playing a MMO, and in conclusion , you will need to connect your end story with others.

Yeah, and I have no problem with that. It’s just that it is not mentioned anywhere that you need to get a group of 5 people for it. So in my opinion they could have added [Group Event] or something and state that this last quest requires 5 people.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Personal Story

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

So, erm, is this fixed yet for people who havent completed it yet? Because obviously if it isn’t I’ll not bother completing it until it is. I was able to ascertain that a retroactive fix for people who have already done it will be around 28/10 update but what about those who havent? Because if I get more crappy unusable loot for this (after all the rubbish I got for completing the Orr zones) I think I’m gonna rage quit and go write some emo poetry about how unfair life is….with a black pen on some black paper.

The poster before who basically said “Hey, Trahearne gets the sword, he can fight the dragon on his own next time” pretty much nailed this issue…

I think a couple of rares usable by your class should be the bare minimum. Maybe an exotic ring / amulet or similar, something that makes you feel like the whole experience was worth it, because lets face it…killing Zhaitan doesn’t turn Orr into fairyland.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Urvile.3594

Urvile.3594

If the final battle is the full dungeon run it seemed, I probably won’t complete it. Disappointing.

We killed the Eye and the Mouth..how much could be left (and that Mouth battle sucked a lot)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dimitris.3195

Dimitris.3195

Thanks for the reply Jeffrey. Really appreciated

in Personal Story

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

A Mini Zhai Zhai pet!

Wouldn’t a Zhaitan minipet still be about the size of a bus?

That’s really cool to hear about the reward fix, I haven’t even gotten to that point yet because I’m still in ADD SEE EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE mode but that’s really something to look forward to

in Personal Story

Posted by: Tijo.9857

Tijo.9857

reward fix much needed. especially after dragging myself through Arah (which I hated)… quite the anti climax!
yay you saved the world!
here’s your 3 vendor trash loot and a couple of flame rams!
no, no cookie… we’ve run out sorry,.

in Personal Story

Posted by: chuiu.4985

chuiu.4985

There is a retroactive fix planned, and I’ve also been told that we’ll be using a GW1-style token system so you can choose a better reward item when you complete the story. (We agree that three green items isn’t cool enough.) I wouldn’t expect to see the new rewards and retro fix until the 10/28 update, though, because the upcoming holiday content is eating up our precious testing time.

Just saw what the vendors have to offer. This isn’t GW1 style. These weapons are rare quality weapons, and are completely useless to the vast majority of players who have either beaten the storyline or are waiting for you to fix the rewards so they can. GW1 had weapons with maxed stats on them. They were on par with the best weapons in the game. 15^50, +30hp and sundering or vampiric was a combination most players wanted for their characters. The caster items were useful as well.

Why are these weapons not exotics? Why is it not like GW1 where we can get a weapon with maxed stats on them (exotic)? Why do we not get a choice between varying different stats on weapons? The reward for beating the game is a rare weapon which any decent player wont even need by the time they get to that point. I have two level 80’s and have ZERO incentive to finish my personal story now that I know what the rewards are.

Now the fact they have unique skins is a nice touch, but I can see problems already with the way you’re implementing it:

1. They are rares. No one wants a weapon they’re just going to replace or want to salvage for ecto at the end of the game. My 2 guys already have full exotics. When my future characters hit 80 they will have full exotics waiting for them far before they have beaten the personal story. I’m never going to finish personal story on any other character if my reward is a rare weapon.

2. The tokens will probably be soul bound. This means I can’t get more than one weapon per character. I’m just speculating on this part since the game has a metric ton of arbitrary soulbound/accountbound items. But I still think it would serve a better purpose for these items to be not bound at all so players who don’t want the skins can sell the tokens to players who do.

3. The stats are completely useless to 90% of the population. I would love prec/vit/heal on my Guardian but for every other character I roll these stats aren’t useful. While GW1 didn’t exactly give you a choice between different stats it was much easier to obtain perfect stat weapons in GW1. Give us a choice between a 3-4 different stat types. You can tell which stats are commonly used by all players, just pick the top 4.

4. We killed Zhaitan. You know, the elder dragon. End boss of the game. Not just your normal run-of-the-mill mob. Reward us appropriately. I get rares as drops all the time, and I’ve even gotten exotics to drop for my characters. Map completion rewards us better than this! I’ve had a sour taste in my mouth for a lot of things changed from GW1 that didn’t make sense. But this one takes the cake. We understand you’re under a lot of pressure to fix a game which you delivered quite broken to us, the millions of bots, and the entire Necromancer profession. That’s fine, you have our money. But at least treat us like you still follow your philosophy and you care about your customers.

For anyone wondering what the tokens will get you, they are the pact weapon skins that no one has been able to get in game (preview in weapon locker) with prec/vit/healing as the stats on rare quality weapons. Reddit post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/114oe8/pact_weapon_vendor_now_actually_sells_stuff_at/

(edited by chuiu.4985)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Dude, its ok, most people who finished the personal storyline are just gearing up for dungeons and you wont use these weapons for stats, but for looks, there are the 80-80 transmutation stones, you get like 10 of em for 2 gold. Then think about it, is a kitten lightning skull staff with perfect stats worth it for around 5 gold? (3 for the exotic with your perfect stats and 2 all the trans stones youll for a full set).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Yukuai.3691

Yukuai.3691

“End of Story Loot Bags:
- These have been improved to only give green or better gear of level 78 or higher.
- The number of bags received has been reduced from 5 to 3.
- More improvements will be made in coming weeks. Players who complete the story before the final update will be equally compensated once the new rewards are in.”

So I complete my personal story aaaaand: 3 green level 78.

DHO!

I don’t understand how the fix will work: we’ll receive some token to buy our rewards?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

I don’t understand how the fix will work: we’ll receive some token to buy our rewards?

In GW1, when you completed one of the stories (Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, EotN) you received a “token” such as a “Deldrimor Talisman”(Prophecies) or “Amulet of the mists”(Factions) that you could use to trade for a unique max stat weapon in the closing sequence of the story (when everyones cheering for you). There’d be a vender for each profession, offering any of the weapon types available to that profession, so you could pick whatever you desired.

in Personal Story

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

So I complete my personal story aaaaand: 3 green level 80.

;-)

it was written…

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

No. You get vendor trash.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

in Personal Story

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

No. You get vendor trash.

Me? Yeah I know -:)

it was written…

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Waiting for the 10/28 update here, almost got another character to the last part, waiting on loot to be fixed.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Personal Story

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

So, I did actually complete the final quest and I got 3 lvl 80 greens which I promptly sold for a grand total of about 4 silver. That plus the rare (unusable) 80 item I got for killing Zaitan and the rewards for the rest of the dungeon netted me about 6 silver.

Now, I got lucky with my group who were all good players and we had NO deaths in the main dungeon. Up until the stupid, ill thought add and badly broken zergfest which is the last section…on the airship, you know, the stupid one with the stupid camera angles. At which point we all died many, many times in circles that cover the entire platform you are standing on and are unavoidable, racking up repair bills of over 20 silver. This is the most annoying, boring and pointless climax to any story in any video game I have ever played.

Disappointed.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Wife bugged me enough to finish this fight. I haven’t opened my “Loot Bags” to see what greens I get. I do have a few questions though:

1 – Why give us blueprints? I’m not all that upset about getting greens, they’re on-par with the rest of the loot the story has given. (I’m saying I expected as much, not that I’m happy with it.) The optional reward of the blueprints is a huge “you beat the story, all that’s left is WvW!” aka no prep for any other kind of “end game”.

2 – Will/do we have access to this vendor after completing (and leaving) the victory instance? Up to this point the only way in the room where Hargrove now stands has been via story instances.

3 – I noticed that the weapons are “Soulbound on Use” and have different vendor values. Why is this?

Overall rating of the final battle: 10/10 until the end then it tanks to a 3/10. I loved how it ramps up as you go through each “stage”, but the final boss battle is just “shoot cannons at boss”. The dragon champions before were much more fun with having to stop to hit real adds and wait for them to come around again (they could do with some more HP or something, it was about one pass before they died). After the cannon sequence with Zhaitan I fully expected there to be a “now go down there and finish it off!” but no, we’re done.

in Personal Story

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Very glad to hear that the end loot is rubbish, it makes my decision not to progress the bulk of my characters beyond the Order stage much less problematic.

Most of my characters have never met Trahearne and are still contentedly members of their order … it’s going to stay that way.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Personal Story

Posted by: ImariKurumi.5761

ImariKurumi.5761

Honestly it doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. Most MMOs don’t have OP loot for completing their story quest.

Its always dungeons and grinds that nets the good loot, this is not a single player game where everything is spoon fed to the player.

in Personal Story

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

A token system similar to the GW1 system would be highly welcome. This from someone that hasn’t yet completed the personal story… mostly because I’m not guided to. I just wander around and level to 80.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

in Personal Story

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

It does seem like a very strange design decision to take something that can only be completed once on each character, takes a massive amount of time and effort, and is actually quite harder than much of the rest of the game and hand out vendor trash at the end. This is supposed to be your character’s story about saving the world (well, as a sidekick). Considering the amount of time required alone you’d think the reward would be pretty dramatic.

I mean, the fact that it was bumped UP to 78 greens is just sort of funny to me: what was it before? And then they had to reduce the total number of items you could get from 5 to 3: why? Was 2 extra greens gamebreaking somehow? That’s like 3 waypoints.

I agree that the minimum you should get is a single exotic weapon of your choice with the stats of your choice. Giving a main + offhand as an option would be even better. If you wanted to throw about 5 random 80 rares on top of that, that would be pretty reasonable, too. I’m not sure what is being protected by reducing the reward so much.