End Story Loot. (spoilers)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

Jeffrey we are asking you about the time the update goes live, not loot, cause we hope is not November like someone stated for a fix of a story quest, which is a bit to much :/

in Personal Story

Posted by: inkjay.5723

inkjay.5723

i hope that is today

I hope it’s this week but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

More likely when they ignore us like this is expected for November patch update, HOPE I’m wrong, if that’s the case, is a bit shocking, since he stated that they have the fix already for it.

in Personal Story

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Well, it’ll probably Oct 29th at the earliest.

in Personal Story

bwillb.2165

Hey what do you know, it was actually tonight. Miracles can happen.

I must be missing something though. Just rushed off to see this guy and he offers me level 80 rare items. Why rare and not exotic? Rare means it’s weaker than my current weapons, and being level 80 means I have to spend gems to use the skin?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Shadestrike.4372

Shadestrike.4372

I have completed the story TWICE and have received no token. My patience is at breaking point.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Marth Reynolds.8257

Marth Reynolds.8257

Like bwilb said, the pact weapons are rares (with prec/vit/healing power stats) so they’re just “insert t-stone” skins.

They’re selling for 1g ish per piece atm and i suspect the price will drop fast, so i’d still recommend others to ignore the story-line when they are max lvl.

And why aren’t these at least exotics with usable stat allocations?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Spoon.3826

Spoon.3826

I saw the pact weapons just now and I facepalmed so hard when I saw the stats. Rares with Precision/vitality/healing power stats. Really? Not even an exotic? No various versions with different stats?
What if I’m dualwielding the same weapon?

Sigh, why do I still bother I wonder. Is it really too hard to ask for a single exotic for saving the world from an elder dragon?
And to think we had to wait so long for this.

in Personal Story

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Exotics aren’t meant to be handed to you on a silver platter. Get the Rare, transmute it to your exotic. There, problem solved. It’s what I plan on doing with mine.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in Personal Story

Posted by: Karadoth.8370

Karadoth.8370

Right, cause expecing a suitable reward for finishing the story is being handed something on a silver platter.

Oh well, I’ll just go and craft 4 or 5 exotic weapons instead, because that takes real effort.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

i got my token the other day (i didnt even know ya got one for completing the story). Since i already had exotic weapons I looked at the sweet looking skins instead. Those crying that it should be an exotic kinda need to stop with it.

The reward is what it is. Deal with it and stop acting like children.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

Im starting to hate Anet.
Rare? wtf, came here just to see what others players think of that.
Coommon devs, 1g u can get our Exotic at the TP.
2 days dungeon we can get our perfect-stat-good-skin with our DESIRED stats.
U should just……“Delete” Personal History.
Really, really?
Who’s making this game? nerds that dont play MMO?
ANY, ANY, just ANY of you DEV played GW1 before? no? not a single one? really?
U SHOULD!
I usually sign “Peace”.

War
Gyn Bound Soul

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ossus.9231

Ossus.9231

Jeffry, you should probably add the new Jumping Puzzle in Caer Avil to the patch notes, as it is the only way to get out of the instance.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I have completed the story TWICE and have received no token. My patience is at breaking point.

Completing the dungeon’s story MODE does not award a token. Completing your personal story does. Also, make sure your mail inbox is receiving new mail; if it’s full, you won’t get the token until you clear it out.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

I just have to say I think most of you completely miss the entire reasoning of the pact and the story in general. The story isnt about you, AT ALL. Its about a defining moment in a generation of new heroes where ALL of the races come together to battle an elder dragon and win. The old races had to do it and then said the new races had no chance, that we didnt have the ability…the pact weapon is a momento, its a trophy on a wall, a medallion you can use and wear with pride..you took part in changing the history of Tyria forever. You didnt do it ALONE, you didnt save the world..you were a part of a larger force that did. Even in the last battle..its you and like 20 other ships firing down ball of asuran/charr/sylvari death upon the dragon. The weapon skin isnt a reward for killing a dragon, its a symbol of all the nations saying thank you by creating a gift that just like the pact, was created from all the races..not just one. Guess what heroes get when they save a city? they get a medal and a golden key sometimes, the weapon skin is recognition and that’s all its meant to be.

in Personal Story

Karadoth.8370

Really Ditton, then why is it called “Personal” story? and why does the tagline of this very forum say ‘it really is all about you’?

And judging by the competency of every single NPC you were fighting with, you very much did it alone.

in Personal Story

bwillb.2165

Exotics aren’t meant to be handed to you on a silver platter.

And that, my friends, is the kind of thing that can make this game fail. They’re adopting the attitudes of WoW-style MMOs instead of keeping what worked in GW1. Just wait until expansions start coming out and lv 80 exotics are no longer the strongest weapons…

(edited by bwillb.2165)

in Personal Story

bwillb.2165

i got my token the other day (i didnt even know ya got one for completing the story). Since i already had exotic weapons I looked at the sweet looking skins instead. Those crying that it should be an exotic kinda need to stop with it.

The reward is what it is. Deal with it and stop acting like children.

I could handle it not being an exotic if it were a usable skin piece like the heritage gear instead of requiring a gem-store transmutation stone. It would still be kind of a crappy reward, but at least it would be usable.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Actually finished the story today just for this reward and quite content with it, the staff looks nice for necros we actually get something good, dont care if its rare or not could’ve been white it still would’ve been worth it so thanks for fixing this.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

Its personal because its your part of a grander story, you arent the lynch pin, you’re just another cog of the wheel. I like it.

in Personal Story

bwillb.2165

Its personal because its your part of a grander story, you arent the lynch pin, you’re just another cog of the wheel. I like it.

That’s how the NPCs try to characterize it, but in actuallity I’m Batman and I have a few barely-useful employees that give me new gear every now and then.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

3 greens…2 of which are unusable by my profession. I saw this coming

in Personal Story

Karadoth.8370

Thats decidedly impersonal and again, to paraphrase, “Its really all about you” care to address that or just ignoring evidence that doesn’t fit with your interpretation of what its “meant” to be like?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Larrvin.4627

Larrvin.4627

Well I’m not pleased. first they give us greens and blues than promise us some compensation.
Then they get us a token and don’t tell us what to do with it. When we searched Fort Trinity cluless we got the message on the internet from unofficial sources that we can’t get into the instance where we should get our reward.
After the new patch we finally get our reward wich is a yellow worthless junk we usually salvage and sell the orbs from them for 13 silvers.
Of course you can put it up on the TP for 1 gold than get it back after some time cos u will realize noone wants these items. So you take the transaction fee and then salvage it.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

What token are you guys talking about? I have two characters with the personal story already finished and I got no “token”.

EDIT: Just checked the inbox of those characters and got the tokens.

(edited by Amon.5042)

in Personal Story

Posted by: solektrall.4028

solektrall.4028

Uhh, got my token found the pact man holding weapons, dont see any of them actually beneficial to my character/build. what is going on here? would have been better off choosing a gem that suits your toon/build but strict vitality gear? didnt make too much sense… not mad at all though to be honest. i enjoyed the Personal story and everything BUT got nothing out of it but a good time and nothing to build my character with (except a back piece). not like they will reverse the decision they made and compensate but its whatever its a solid game only issue i have is there is no point to dropped gear other than salvaging the items, so why not just drop ectos and random mithril/orchi ore and not pointless gear..

in Personal Story

Posted by: Amakusa.1529

Amakusa.1529

hmm would of been nice if the reward was an exotic with a choice of stats or as bwillb.2165 up above said, an item that transmute the skin like heritage items so you don’t have to use a fine transmute stone. Pity oh well.

Have fun and take a chance.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Campalishous.9076

Campalishous.9076

Gotta agree, the items being Rare vs Exotic & the stat’ing is very disappointing. Completing the high level zone maps reward 2 exotics, yes not of your choosing, but the point is the effort/time involved of completing a zone pales in comparison vs the effort/time put in the Personal Story.

As one of the major tenets of the game IMO it is completely reasonable that a single exotic should be the reward.

[DIS] Campa Lishous

in Personal Story

Posted by: Donswiftarm.8402

Donswiftarm.8402

So the new one token is that it one wepon thats all we get ok so you fecked up to start with now you think this will save it but..hay you dont care if we keep playing you have had our money

in Personal Story

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

hmm would of been nice if the reward was an exotic with a choice of stats

I agree. That would’ve been excellent. :/

in Personal Story

Posted by: D il Mietitore.7018

D il Mietitore.7018

if you don’t want to reward us with an exotic it’s fine but at least give us some tier 6 material (gossamer, ecto,orichalcum ) for a total amount of 1.5- 2 g and a souldbounded zaithan-themed ring with nice stats instead of a medium specs, only rare, pact weapon..if generally a map completion is awarded with 2 exotics, it seems to me that there is a quite big difference of behaviour from your side.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Busko.7408

Busko.7408

so that token was the compensation for personal story ? rofl want a joke anet.

Im a Kitty Cat rawr
what what what….

in Personal Story

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Not really, guild wars one was a weapon of your choice, same thing here, just its transmute bait, I like the look of the pact weapons.

And we have dungeons, karma, and crafting, or you can buy stuff to get some exotics.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Furious Styles.7056

Furious Styles.7056

I may be late to this but am running around in circles and need help. I finished the story while bugged now I have no idea where to redeem the token. I hear a pact NPC QuarterMaster Hargrove. I Just cant find him. Please help.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Disruptive.2509

Disruptive.2509

After all the hype about GW2 not being about gear or it’s progression, why Arenanet are you being so stingy about gear.

Recruiting all levels for PvX on Jade Quarry!
http://axegang.enjin.com

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Agree i’ve not finished mine yet but i have very little need to it seems, what a joke.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Norelation.3067

Norelation.3067

Reuniting a fractured group of hero’s, surviving missions you’re not expected to return from and stopping a force that makes most uneasy at best, and quake in terror at worst and expecting a little better than greens and blues is not “Wanting things on a silver platter.”. In every guildwars campaign, at the end of your hard fought battle against whatever evil was plaguing Tyria, you received a max level weapon that was relevant and useful, AND it had a pretty nice skin. It’s really not expecting much. Telling people to suck it up and just use a fine transmutation stone is just ignoring the issue. I will do that, but I’m still going to ponder “Why the hell didn’t they just give me a decent weapon?” Anyhow I personally am not attacking arena net on the issue but I will say that this isn’t like the insightful arena net I grew to know and love while beta testing the first game.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Well said i agree Norelation

in Personal Story

Posted by: Furious Styles.7056

Furious Styles.7056

I may be late to this but am running around in circles and need help. I finished the story while bugged now I have no idea where to redeem the token. I hear a pact NPC QuarterMaster Hargrove. I Just cant find him. Please help.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I’m VERY VERY disappointed Jeffrey, catering to the WoW audience that considers finishing your personal story to be “free epix” and “handed to you on a silver platter”

GW1 gave max stat greens (which meant unique items back then), not non max stat purples (the equivalents of greens/yellows in gw2).

For all those ex WoW players who didn’t get to see how the system worked in GW1, I already had an exotic dagger, and guess what? It was easier to make than completing my story. In the time it took to FIND A GROUP I got enough mats to make another exotic weapon. So at best, this pact weapon would be a sidegrade, hopefully with the same stats..

Not only were the stats a mix that I had no interest in (healing on a dagger?), it was also a direct downgrade to my crafted item.

So all i got was a skin..

That I had to use a fine transmutation stone on to even use, lucky I had some stashed away, they cost like a dollar a piece.

Just to be able to use my story reward.

They should have been exotics with a selection of appropriate stats.

Or if you’re REALLY worried about the World of Warcraft crowd.. freely transmutable skins.

I highly doubt anyone is actually going to wield the yellows

Everyone is just transmuting the skins.

It’s shameful that that there’s a cost to be able to even do that, you might as well have put pact weapon skins in the gem store, since that’s really what it is… then just made a forum post: “Hey guys, your reward for the personal story completion is in the style tab of the black lion trading company. You’re welcome!”

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Personal Story

Posted by: Crittoris.4651

Crittoris.4651

Anyone know if this loot bag bug has been fixed yet?

You can’t build a reputation on the things you haven’t done yet.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Which bug? The reward for completing the story was implemented a couple of weeks ago.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Crittoris.4651

Crittoris.4651

I was hearing that the loot bags were giving out lvl 20 green items and such, so I was wondering if it actually gives out lvl 80 items before I use them lol

You can’t build a reputation on the things you haven’t done yet.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Pluton.7364

Pluton.7364

i got 3 bags from completing story 2 days ago and there was 3 green lvl 80 garbage items…

soooo thats it??? i am very disappointed

in Personal Story

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Just to clarify what rewards do we get for completing our personal story?

I see mention of vendors and tokens and posts implicating that 3 lvl 80 greens isn’t enough and something else is being implemented…I’m a little lost and would like to know what kind of reward to expect when I finish my personal story.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Just to clarify what rewards do we get for completing our personal story?

I see mention of vendors and tokens and posts implicating that 3 lvl 80 greens isn’t enough and something else is being implemented…I’m a little lost and would like to know what kind of reward to expect when I finish my personal story.

bunch of worthless items and one ‘Pact victory token’ which can be traded for a RARE weapon with UNIQUE SKIN near the fort.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_weapon

in Personal Story

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Well I GUESS I could use the skin from the pact needler but all my weapons are faaaar superior to any of the pact weapons…I’m a little surprised their stats aren’t on par with exotics and that they don’t even come with a superior rune…I expected something on par with exotic gear for “beating” the game.

in Personal Story

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

apparently ANet is scared to death of giving exotics, be it through cultural armor/weapons (which cost more than the orr sets by far), be it by finishing the personal story.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Personal Story

Posted by: Disruptive.2509

Disruptive.2509

..if generally a map completion is awarded with 2 exotics, it seems to me that there is a quite big difference of behaviour from your side.

I agree there is quite a bit of inconsistency going on in the rewards. I would suggest a choice of a few various legendary precursors to make them “less unreachable” as I’ve heard they’ll be doing in the next build. I also favor the suggestion of an exotic skin that’s not terrible and choice of stats.

Recruiting all levels for PvX on Jade Quarry!
http://axegang.enjin.com

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mucro.4268

Mucro.4268

So much to say… so little room… I’ll just summarize it with this: No.