End of Story Victory or Death ?

in Personal Story

Posted by: washac.2897

washac.2897

OK, so I have read here all about this end quest, I was going to throw in the towel and go play something else.

Nope I thought after spending over £50 for this game with all its great solo content I will give it one more go.

Not sure exactly what I need to do to enter this dungeon with a group in story mode.

I got there and the area was in the hands of the pact so I got to the dungeon entrance where some other players where hanging around and was invited into a group, but on entering the dungeon it was not in story mode. So after getting rapidly killed in there I came back out to the entrance and re entered the dungeon which stated it was story mode. Once in there I discovered a group of NPCs that teamed up with me, not that they were any help, I got my backside kicked all the place by the first 5 mobs encountered. So I came out and hung around the nearest little town opposite the steps waiting for some players to come or an event to start or anything. All in all I must have spent 2 1/2 hours entering the dungeon with a group that turned out not be in story mode, then hanging around the town waiting for something to happen.

When no events happened and nobody came by I logged out.

Why should I have to hang around for ages just in case I can find 4 or 5 people who I do not know only to drag them through a dungeon for 3 or 4 hours that gains them nothing so I can finish my story line, bad very bad thinking this, and has ruined the game for me

(edited by washac.2897)

in Personal Story

Posted by: soulesswanderer.9714

soulesswanderer.9714

Doing the Arah story mode can be very difficult to find a group for at times. It takes a very very long time to complete compared to other dungeons.

Try the gw2lfg website, as well, if you aren’t attached to your server, try moving to a different one. My current server I see at least one LFM Arah Story in LA map chat a day. My old server it never happened.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

We need REAL hench men in this game, GW1 style!

That or make a solo version of this dungeon. This forced grouping nonsense needs to go.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Or give a reason (cough tokens cough) for people to replay the story mode so that its possible to actually find anybody who wants to do it. And yes, making the NPCs not useless wouldn’t hurt immersion at all. Im sure its possible to balance encounters with a Destinys Edge that actually resembles heroes in any way.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

And yes, making the NPCs not useless wouldn’t hurt immersion at all.

That would be nice throughout the entire game to be honest.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in Personal Story

Posted by: VCR.9721

VCR.9721

Yep, I usually see people around LA or Cursed Shore looking for Arah Story Mode. You can always try to get in a nice guild where your guildies would love to help you out!

I know other people have the complete opposite opinion of me, but I personally found the final mission to be very satisfying and enjoyable, so I’d give it another go!

Beacon don’t fly too high.
xx

in Personal Story

Posted by: washac.2897

washac.2897

Yep, I usually see people around LA or Cursed Shore looking for Arah Story Mode. You can always try to get in a nice guild where your guildies would love to help you out!

I know other people have the complete opposite opinion of me, but I personally found the final mission to be very satisfying and enjoyable, so I’d give it another go!

I tried again tonight, for another two to three hours trying to get a group for it, I give up, Trahearnes story line is a complete waste of time, well it sure was not my personnel story line.

(edited by washac.2897)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

“Personal Story: It really is all about you” – except for the last page. You can run this thing 1-80 solo but if you want to read the final chapter… feh, new rules apply, go pug it up puggy or forget about it.

Seriously, what catnip-crazed kitties go though MMO devs’ heads in every single game that the end-of-plot requires a different number of players than the majority of the game up to that point?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Personal Story

Posted by: dine.5630

dine.5630

So I just hit 80 on my first toon and just by luck I was able to get into the area for my last quest. Well upon doing more research after getting my butt handed to me several times, I have come to the conclusion, that I will just lvl my other toons. I honestly don’t see myself waiting for someone to assist me on MY STORY QUEST. At this point I’m guessing there isn’t any other way to complete the story line?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Flabboon.4872

Flabboon.4872

It’s very disappointing to play this far and be unable to finish solo!

It was a great game up to that point. Shame I can’t finish it without pugging.