Estate of Decay - Enter and find the Scouting Party

in Personal Story

Posted by: thyndon.6314

thyndon.6314

Hello,
I tried that mission for the 4th time, because the workaround is buggy as well.
1) Attacking/Killing the Undead Farmanimals before the “I can kill the chicken with one shot”-dialogue results in a story hang-up (but I am even less patient than that charr).
2) Jumping over the door is a bad idea, since one on cannot jump back. Most friendly NPC’s materialize on your side, with foes somewhere on the other an out of range. I once managed to send my Pet through the closed door an kill them, but the story still hung up. (The possibility to jump over it before opening it could hang a player up even if the door is working correctly.)
3) Jumping on the door to open it is the best way to get the first sequence going, but in the second sequence it got me trapped in the (now translucent) wall. Overall very annoying.

A quick Fix like a defined placement after the video sequences and or/a possibility to jump back over the door would be nice.

in Personal Story

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

oh my god, not yet another stupid bugged story quest…

I put mine on hold a few weeks ago because of getting stuck so many times.

It’s inexcusable that at least “This is my story” stuff should have been ready for launch.

— I’m stuck with unopenable door, too.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

“It’s inexcusable that at least “This is my story” stuff should have been ready for launch.”

I understand your frustration, but did you read the dev’s response on the first page?

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

in Personal Story

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

I’m also stuck because of this.

Does it only happen to some people and not others? If it makes a difference, I’m a human ranger, Durmand Priory.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Frizz.6704

Frizz.6704

Ok so I had the same bug but solved the problem by standing on top of the door and then opening it and that works. Couldn’t open it when standing in front of it. So if anyone has the same problem then I suggest trying that.

But I do agree that this is a huge problem. At level 75 and closing in on 80, for some people to have had to weight for 11 days to be able to finish the quest chain is absolutely inexcusable. The developer should have, at least, said something by now. Really dissapointing.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Draconius.9076

Draconius.9076

if you experience problems it will most likely be serverrelated because some people don’t experience problems. It might help support if you mention your servername to them as well so they can look to that particular server in more detail i guess

Guild: Order of an Allied Tyria [OAT] ~°~ Co-leader
Server: Underworld

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mystic.6503

Mystic.6503

A main story arc bugged at level 75???? really and you expect people to stick around to see rest of game.

in Personal Story

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Really wish people would stop playing Charlie-large-potato about this. All games are bugged on release, hell most games have bugs years down the line, it’s a shame but that’s the reality of MMOs. Fortunately all you need to do in this case is Google the episode, which directs you to this thread, on which the workaround
(jumping on top of the door) is clearly written.

I’ll be sticking with GW2, bugs and all.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Personal Story

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

Seriously, the “bugged on release” argument is getting old. I can understand that not everything can be solved and the game is still young…

But it’s not the “release” anymore, it’s been two months. Game breaking bugs like this happens, but each of them add a layer and after a while you get annoyed.

While playing through my character, I had to give up skill points, hearts, events, personal storyline because of bugs.
They’re doing the best they can, but I don’t understand how there is so much bugs in this game lol.

Edit: And just to contribute: same thing as above. I can enter the first door, but not the second one.

(edited by NickChabby.8907)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I feel the need to point out that this bug was introduced in the 10/1 patch. It has not been here since release.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zana QQFailBotQQ.3142

Zana QQFailBotQQ.3142

BTW i did it like 2 days ago you can do it just buy jumping at the door and pushing F as you hit it worked every time for me even left the ins and tryed agen to test it, the door not ment to open when you click on it is one of the ppl you talk to near it that starts the servants attacking you that is buged not the door.

so it would help if ppl gave the correct info to ANET

keep up hard work guys we know you working hard ppl just got no patience as the do fix a lot stuff just some events you get some ppl bugging them some how making more work for them.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I can confirm that if you stand exactly on top of the door and use F, it opens just fine. There seems to be an issue with the use-distance of the door, or so it seems. But it took me a while to figure out how to get past it.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Personal Story

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Ranger – level 80 stuck and can’t get a door to open or an NPC to respond.

It keeps telling me to go back out of the instance or meet the pact squad at Shelter Docks" but won’t change where the bright green “here I am, come kill me” light to change and reloading over and over and *over isn’t working.

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Personal Story

atheria.2837

Ranger – level 80 stuck and can’t get a door to open or an NPC to respond.

It keeps telling me to go back out of the instance or meet the pact squad at Shelter Docks" but won’t change where the bright green “here I am, come kill me” light to change and reloading over and over and *over isn’t working.

Could not get this one to post unless I did it separately.

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

The story step is in Malchor’s Leap. In the screenshots it looks like you’re in the Vigil HQ? Try zooming out on the world map and looking down in Orr for the actual story marker.

in Personal Story

atheria.2837

Ok, then I am totally confused.

I am following the green personal story star, and I am in the instance it says I need to be in….

So why did I just follow (for who know how many times) spend all that silver to get here, follow the star all over the map and then enter the instance where my personal star is only to find locked doors, a note I can’t read and NPCs who don’t forward my storyline?

I am following directions here – please stop telling me I did something wrong – according to the same directions I have followed since being a level on and knowing how to get into my storyline and instances, it seems like you are not looking at the darned picture or caring that I am really stuck.

If I could find another way do you really think I would ask for help in a place where I am sure to draw personal fire as being dumb and not understanding the program? Really?

Attachments:

in Personal Story

atheria.2837

There is no marker in the Ruins of Orr, none.

So now what?

Making me feel like I am doing something wrong instead of asking for screenshots is just wrong.

I’ve been putting in screenshots ingame for over a week.

You hurt me in real life – I am not a dumb person who didn’t check the map and I certainly asked enough people and all of them were stumped.

Then I went to the net and checked and researched and checked again…

I use this game as physical therapy – I have rheumatoid arthritis so I am not a fast player and I am certainly not as proficient as some, but I am not stupid, I am a computer professional (excuse me, was for 25 years) and after this I will be more careful about asking for help in the forums at all.

This is why people don’t want to ask in the forums… and many don’t because they know they aren’t being listened to the first time.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

in Personal Story

atheria.2837

I just got out of the instance – and after days of not being there… all of a sudden there is a star way down in Orr.

Well my screenshot proves it wasn’t there before and I am tired of the “now you see it, now you don’t” of this game – there are bugs that aren’t being taken seriously.