Having trouble progressing (human)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aldaras.7294

Aldaras.7294

I’m at the “Estate of Decay” quest and I’m kinda frustrated. I hit 80, and the area I’m supposed to be going into is a 70 – 75 (Straights of Devastation). But the trash in this area are virtually impossible for me. I can sometimes survive a one on one fight, but if another enemy joins in I’m done. Just the normal trash, not veterans or anything.

I can’t get anywhere close to the place where the quest wants me to go.

I’m an elementalist and haven’t had any real issues while leveling. I’m certainly not the greatest player ever (obviously) but I don’t think I suck either. I can understand the level 80 endgame areas being challenging, but this is a leveling area with solo questing content. Is gearing an issue at this point? I had heard that gear didn’t really matter so much in this game but it sure feels like I’m undergeared. Which doesn’t make much sense given the area I’m in.

Any ideas?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Punk Rogue.9856

Punk Rogue.9856

May want to take both summon elemental abilities. Switch to earth before you summon them. This may buy you some time to finish off an unwanted add.

Oh, and if you are a glass cannon like I was originally, some vit and tough gear could definitely help your survivability through Orr.

(edited by Punk Rogue.9856)

in Personal Story

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I have noticed that the ele if untraited for protection and if low geared has some issues. Retraining your traits for better protection and/or getting better gear might indeed help a lot.

Also understand that Earth-skills give extra armor, but Risen are very sensitive bout burning condition.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!