mrauls.6519

Who would you save?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

If You Could Go Back in Time...

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

I don’t think I lost anyone that I cared for. I either didn’t care at all about the characters who died or was happy when they died on Claw Island (Forgal).

in Personal Story

Posted by: Twoflower.7031

Twoflower.7031

Sieran. Definitely Sieran.

in Personal Story

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

Tybalt. He was too awesome to die.

in Personal Story

Posted by: LegatusLeaf.5934

LegatusLeaf.5934

Tybalt. He was too awesome to die.

This. He’s the only character I found likable.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Sierran for me I really miss her!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Personal Story

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Althea and Prince Rurik.

The table is a fable.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Forgal. I miss him greatly.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Keta.9601

Keta.9601

I’d save the whole darn personal story by giving it an early burial

in Personal Story

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Tybalt… I would switch him for Trahearne. Then I would go further back in time, so that Tybalt can assassinate Gwen and become a legend among his people.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Captain Langmar.

Failing that? Going back in time to that day when the Searing was about to begin with four friends and just as the cauldron is about to go off, we kick it over and start absolutely tearing apart the charr gathered there like they were the grawl’s inbred cousins.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Kheldras.9517

Kheldras.9517

Althea and Prince Rurik.

Exactly.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

I would not save anyone, otherwise the future of Tyria may change for the worst.

Even saving nameless citizen #6 could be catastrophic.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

in Personal Story

Posted by: International.7980

International.7980

Definately Mhenlo…poor guy ended up in a fate worse than death…

in Personal Story

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Althea and Prince Rurik.

Exactly.

+1

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

in Personal Story

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Definately Mhenlo…poor guy ended up in a fate worse than death…

Married to Cynn?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Personal Story

International.7980

Yep, married to a crazy

in Personal Story

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yep, married to a crazy

A slightly jealous lady with anger management issues and a tendency to set things on fire.

. . . he could have done worse. He could have hooked up with that norn lady at Olafstead. The one with the bunions.

in Personal Story

International.7980

Dunno, I always thought he got burnt to a crisp in the end. Never really found out what happened to him though. But considering how every woman in Cantha seemed to want him, being forced to get married seems like a really cruel fate.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Althea!

. . . he could have done worse. He could have hooked up with that norn lady at Olafstead. The one with the bunions.

My characters wouldn’t have minded a Norn gal. I’m strange though.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Personal Story

Posted by: NeyteriKiyeri.4207

NeyteriKiyeri.4207

Tybalt, because he is so funny and looks cute

Follow your heart and your dreams won’t be far behind.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Arda Gyreshriek, the pilot in Blast from the Past.

Fighting through the risen and finally finding her, only to see her die. That was the last straw! Zhaitan is going to pay for every npc death.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I would save guild wars 2 from Ree Soesbee, stop the guy who created the asura and would convince ArenaNet to side with another publisher. * Oh and I would save Rurik, I’d also destroy Trahearne’s seedpod.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

(edited by Nightarch.2943)

in Personal Story

Posted by: BunnytheSwordsman.4173

BunnytheSwordsman.4173

Chop down the Pale Tree and save the world from those with pollen allergies. Seriously, you Sylvari have to do something about the pollen you all apparently drop.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Not going to do anything about the Charr? What about those suffering from dander allergies?

in Personal Story

Posted by: DandySlayer.7019

DandySlayer.7019

I ’d save Anet from Crystin Cox……

OH storywise……. I’d save those cute bunnies I always seem to incinerate!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Lady Beetleton. Maybe then Caudecus wouldn’t be such a royal pain.

Still, I feel sorry for Demmi.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Belier.9864

Belier.9864

Glint. I’m surprised she wasn’t mentioned before. One of my favorite characters of GW1, and she never even made it into this game. Instead, she was lost in a book due to destiny’s edge. Everyone got torn up and sad about Snaff’s Death, but no-one shed a tear for Glint, who was the only Dragon ever to be good in this game, and who chose to try and save humanity over her own race.

For shame, Destiny’s Edge and Anet, for shame.

in Personal Story

Posted by: jblade.6470

jblade.6470

The fact that tons of responses referred to GW1 characters just goes to show that the story aspect failed in GW2. Love the rest of the game but the Personal Story and dungeon stories gave hardly any interesting characters beyond ones we all hate if that counts.
As for my answer, I’d have to pick my top 3 (not in any particular order): Prince Rurik, Glint, and Master Togo.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Probably one of those people I was tricked into mortaring.

Maybe a dolyak I accidentally killed, otherwise.

That’s about it. The only characters I liked were Gixx, Barron, and Fero, and they all survived, somehow.

(edited by Chaosky.5276)

in Personal Story

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The fact that tons of responses referred to GW1 characters just goes to show that the story aspect failed in GW2. Love the rest of the game but the Personal Story and dungeon stories gave hardly any interesting characters beyond ones we all hate if that counts.
As for my answer, I’d have to pick my top 3 (not in any particular order): Prince Rurik, Glint, and Master Togo.

I think why not many said anything about GW2 characters is that there are a limited number who die who have personality enough to want to save.

Plus, a lot more of us played GW1 and have fond memories of other NPCs. To be honest, if I had to save any NPC from their fates . . . it wouldn’t be someone from either of these games.

in Personal Story

Posted by: jblade.6470

jblade.6470

I think why not many said anything about GW2 characters is that there are a limited number who die who have personality enough to want to save.

Plus, a lot more of us played GW1 and have fond memories of other NPCs. To be honest, if I had to save any NPC from their fates . . . it wouldn’t be someone from either of these games.

I see your point. I stuck with GW characters but there are game character deaths I liked much better outside of either game (Mordin’s potential death scene in Mass Effect 3 comes to mind, especially cause his death is due to a choice you make). Guess I just hoped for a deeper story with a few strong characters. I loved so many of GW1 heroes due to their developing stories but maybe that won’t work sense we don’t have a hero mechanic in GW2.

in Personal Story

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

I’d save the original storywriter before ANet killed him off and decided to finish writing the story missions themselves.

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

in Personal Story

Posted by: Strorm.4987

Strorm.4987

If I could go back in time and save someone in Guild Wars 1, I’d -definitely- save Prince Rurik, if mainly because he died way too early in the campaign. I don’t mind his death, but I just feel it was way too early in the campaign for him to die. I also wonder why we never even got to see any reaction to the painful death of his betrothed, but that’s just a pet peeve of mine.

As for Guild Wars 2… Not sure. I’d say Forgal, but his death was actually great, I just wish we actually got to -see- his last stand. I guess that maybe I would save Demolitionist Tonn. That asura was quite the amusing wise-cracker.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Riiko.4512

Riiko.4512

I would save Demolitionist Tonn as well. His sacrifice was really honorable.. but extremely sad.

Don’t get me started on Tybalt.

[AHMA] – Rev
Perpetually in the mists

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

I would save us all by going to Anet HQ and having a good “talk” to whoever wrote theherne.

If you mean ingame either tybalt or sieran. Those are the only 2 which i remember the names.

in Personal Story

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

The NPC plot deaths in GW1 seemed appropriate, even if they may have evoked a response.

Many Pact members have died in Orr for seemingly no reason, though I can’t decide if it’s failing to come across well due to poor writing or poor action scenes/in-mission cutscenes.

Is there a list of all of them? ’cause I’d want to go back and be the big hero and save them all.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Off the top of my head I can remember:

Sieren
Forgal
Tybalt
Explorer Hekje
Demolitionist Tonn
Arda Gyreshriek
Lionguard/Crusader Apatia
Agent Zott
Quinn
Pol(?)
Tiachren
Ysvelta
Gavin
Havroun Gretchen
Tegwyn
Kekt
Corporal Beirne
Most of your warband (Charr)

Okay so I looked a few of them up, but that should be most of ’em.

(edited by Ridley.3691)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Sieran was the best.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Ascalon, (if still needed, Rurik), Tybalt, Forgal.

In this order :P

Remember, Rurik owes us a dwarven ale!

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Personal Story

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

He sure does.
I might have to go and raise my ancestor as a minion now in order for him to give me that ale, but hey.

in Personal Story

Gandarel.5091

He sure does.
I might have to go and raise my ancestor as a minion now in order for him to give me that ale, but hey.

Deal is deal.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Personal Story

Posted by: sjatzkov braskav.3689

sjatzkov braskav.3689

I would stab Ventari and burn his tree together with all the peaceloving treehuggers he had gathered on that little island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by jellyfish… Just so we can be sure that Trahearne would have never been born! Sorry Sylvari lovers but you will have to suffer for his crimes.

WAIT!

I would assassinate king Doric while he was traveling to Orr! That way we would all have insanely overpowered mages in GW2.

English is not my first language nor is it my second.

in Personal Story

Gandarel.5091

I would stab Ventari and burn his tree together with all the peaceloving treehuggers he had gathered on that little island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by jellyfish… Just so we can be sure that Trahearne would have never been born! Sorry Sylvari lovers but you will have to suffer for his crimes.

WAIT!

I would assassinate king Doric while he was traveling to Orr! That way we would all have insanely overpowered mages in GW2.

Doric was living in Orr.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

in Personal Story

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I would tell my past self that maybe I shouldn’t spend that much time and money on WoW, save myself from a few things that shouldn’t have happened. But that’s just a regret that doesn’t really have any negative influences on my life. If anything, it made me play GW2 because it’s that casual.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Personal Story

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

City of Heroes…

in Personal Story

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I’ll try to save myself.

in Personal Story

sjatzkov braskav.3689

WAIT!

Doric was living in Orr.

“when the gift of magic led to wars among the mortal races, Doric, who had become the king of Tyria’s united human tribes, journeyed to Arah, as described in Thadeus Lamount’s History of Tyria.”

Just a copy + paste from GW1 Wiki …
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/King_Doric

in Personal Story

sjatzkov braskav.3689

WAIT!

Doric was living in Orr.

“when the gift of magic led to wars among the mortal races, Doric, who had become the king of Tyria’s united human tribes, journeyed to Arah, as described in Thadeus Lamount’s History of Tyria.”

He might have lived in Orr but he had to travel to Arah that would have been a hike if he was in Orr at that moment…

in Personal Story

Gandarel.5091

WAIT!

Doric was living in Orr.

Arah is in Orr. You know, the capital.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]