Is conscript the dead ships bugged??

in Personal Story

Posted by: Asjemenou.7931

Asjemenou.7931

After talking woth the girl on the plnak connecting to the ship loads of gfoes appear and we all die amost instantly.
After 5 attempt fromt the checkpoint (which is on the small baot) now also my gear is 100% red.

So my question is if this is a bug as this is undoable.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mustadio.6750

Mustadio.6750

I did this part of the story yesterday. The first wave is insane, but the 4 others are smoothly. So when they spawn, get aboard of their ship and uses a lot of dodge, this risen pirate buff they have is deadly.

So, kite them while running around in their ship and stay at range or invite people to help

Gw2, the rp is kinda dead.

(edited by Mustadio.6750)

in Personal Story

Posted by: helladoom.4317

helladoom.4317

Same problem here.

As soon as i start the mission on the first ship, about 5 or 6 mobs one of which a veteran spawn inside the dingy right on top of me and the npcs.

The npcs die within seconds and my elementalist can’t handle that many mobs at the same time in close combat. I managed to escape the dingy and the mobs stay in the dingy, i can hit them and it shows i’m doing damage but the mob’s health is not affected.

I managed to pull a few mobs out of the dingy and kill them, then figured i could kill the remaining mobs inside the dingy, only to find that more mobs spawn inside the dingy.

Interesting that this progress blocking bug has not been fixed in over a month. For shame.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue, and I’ve played this story step dozens of times. I’ve seen a post from someone who said that turning down their graphics options helped, I suspect the issue is that varying load times are affecting the timing.

in Personal Story

Posted by: helladoom.4317

helladoom.4317

I suspect the issue is that varying load times are affecting the timing.

Should it not be possible to test that suspicion?

How could it even be that the game has timing issues while running at 30fs? Don’t answer that.

Two weeks have passed, my progress is still blocked.
I’ll keep it polite, but i can tell you i am very upset about this.
Yes i know, it’s just a game. But if it would be that unimportant to me i would not have spend money on it to begin with.

Doesn’t Anet want costumers with some emotional attachment to the game? Those do tend to be the most loyal, and you can’t have people be emotionally attached to only the good parts of your product, and not be emotionally affected by the bad parts.

In the mean time, what am i going to tell my buddy who purchased GW2 based on the trial weekend?

in Personal Story

Posted by: SicarioQbano.1547

SicarioQbano.1547

I just had this same issue, please note this issue is on record dated 15/05/2013….

I got to the first ship, so I talk to the NPC (which they force you to do as you have to make a plan before boarding the ship.) Be aware that this “plan” consisted of the NPC confirming if everyone was ready to go. (Waste of time). And in any case none of my party ever got on the ship as they were all stuck in that tiny dinghy having wave after wave of risen spawn on top of them. I was the only one who could get on the ship while they all died instantly. Even the risen captain ran past me ON the ship to go stand on the dinghy./ What the hell? It would be funny if it wasn’t so frustrating.

Then on all the forums I hear mention of turning down graphics options and it may be loading time issues etc etc… So you’re telling me I had to go purchase a top of the line graphics card and PC to play the game in high / highest settings only to turn the graphics option down? I could have kept my old PC and done that. Thank you for the advice there (¬_¬).

in Personal Story

Posted by: Keta.9601

Keta.9601

I finally saw this particular personal story mission on one of my characters and to say the least I was quite appalled. I ended up with 100% broken gear for exactly the same reason. I ended up having to get help from a guild mate who died and burned just as fast as well but too enough heat of my engineer that I was able to heal up and survive the stupidity. After that it was somewhat easier though this particular missions seems to be unduly slow loading while the programming is allowing the mobs to quite literally kill your toon.

It needs a fix asap.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

This is the same problem that dungeon mobs randomly teleport to players’ locations. When I did this I walk up to the first plank, about to reach the ship, saw a bunch of mobs and backed off a bit to the middle of the plank. ALL the mobs teleported to my location instantly wiped all my npcs. As soon as I dealt with those mobs, the following waves teleported to the middle of the plank as well. I think I got myself killed twice killing all the mobs on the first ship. Thankfully my engi has access to decent amount of aoe but when you look at all the dead bodies on the plank (npc + a shipful of undead pirates) its pretty stupid lol.

Oceanic [LOD]

in Personal Story

Posted by: NatalieAnn.8302

NatalieAnn.8302

Hey friends, little update on the situation. It’s been 9 months and the instance is still bugged. I also turned down my graphics to the lowest setting, which did nothing. Take your time though.

(edited by NatalieAnn.8302)