Lack of teaming in campaign

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

I love everything about this game except the story. Coming from GW1 i really enjoyed getting a group together to do campaign missions. The way dungeons are grouped is similar to what it used to be, but the way the story is set up it encourages singleplayer.

I understand you can get a friend or guildie to do the missions with you, but it is hard to get together and make sure everyone is at the same point of that level mission. A party search interface might improve this, but i think it is just flawed from the start. If anything a matchmaking system for players doing the same mission would work.

When story expansions come out, Anet please consider changing the way you do the missions back to the way it was or similar. Make each story instance portal at a waypoint so people have a way to get together, also make the missions longer instead of having more of them.

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

in Personal Story

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

Agreed. Unfortunately, one of the game’s selling points (as seen in their MMO manifesto) is “you can do most of the game without ever grouping”. The very last story mission takes place in a group dungeon and the kitten storm that has caused knows no limits. Antisocial people are having a ball.

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

(edited by Y u mad its vydia.6324)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

My problem exactly. Every time I turn on this game I can’t find anyone around anywhere. I even signed up for a guild but no one in it has been online the past 3 days.

I can’t even join a PUG let alone an organized group with voice coms because everyone’s on a different area apparently. The very thought of trying a dungeon makes Dark Souls look relaxing.

User will be infracted for this post.