Level 70-71 congruity problem after Battle of Fort Trinity

in Personal Story

Posted by: Kalico.9246

Kalico.9246

This post will have spoilers in it.

So, I have had two support tickets responded to in a generic automatic fashion which are completely unhelpful to the problem I am experiencing with my personal story. Both times the replies pretty much consist of “we are constantly fixing quests so just hang in there”. The problem with my quest is that my progress is not being blocked, it’s on the wrong quest line.

Background of the problem: Unfortunately, I completed The Battle of Fort Trinity a few hours before the some fixes were applied to it. I did not realise how severely bugged it actually was until I finished the quest. My character is a human mesmer in the Priory and the quest beforehand was Breaking the Bone Ship (I think) where you assist Tonn to blow up the Orrian ship and he unfortunately dies. The NPCs made it sound as though I would be going to visit Tonn’s wife at some point in the future to let her know. So, I get into the Fort and Trehearne is talking about someone named Apatia and an orb and I was slightly confused. I spoke to him and he mentioned something about Tonn’s explosives so I figured it was just pre-quest banter. But then I continue the quest, the characters are talking about the orb, I have to get the orb that I helped find (very confused by this point) everything goes according to the plan, I have no idea what is going on, but I complete the quest.

Now the next quest I have is Liberating Apatia (71). I don’t know who this character is. I don’t know what the orb I apparently found is.

I want my character to be on the correct quest line. It is unreasonable and unfair that new characters will have normal story logs while mine will be incongruous. My character has been level 80 for two weeks and she still has Liberating Apatia uncompleted because I don’t want to do it, I want to talk to Tonn’s wife. I was really enjoying the story quests until this point. Now I am unable to continue, I can’t get the point of interest inside Fort Trinity and this stupid quest that I don’t want to do is constantly on my screen.

I expect, seeing that Anet has all character data on their servers, that it would not be unreasonable for them to change my quest back to the correct one (as I haven’t completed Liberating Apatia yet), or reset my quest line (which I would not mind) or let me complete The Battle of Fort Trinity again. I have put a lot of time into my character and it would upset me if her personal story – which I know is not a central part of the game, but still important to me – made no sense. Seeing as these quests will affect our home instances as well, I would like it to be correct.

Does anyone else have this problem and what did you do?

Also, the text for The Battle of Claw Island is mostly missing from my log.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zish.9817

Zish.9817

It’s a known issue.

On my story, apparently I chose all the correct paths and ended up getting the orb with Apatia, so all of the banter outside of those quests relating to them weren’t out of the blue.

And for you:
The Orb: Anyone killed around it cannot be raised, AKA turned into Risen.
Apatia: Fought off an army of Krait while you got the orb, and then was kidnapped.

Also, these quests are where you meet with the Largos woman, I forget her name.

in Personal Story

Kalico.9246

Well thanks for clearing up the story behind it – but I still don’t want to do it as it won’t make sense for my character!

I am getting very frustrated as I want to finish the personal story but I don’t want it to get “stuck” if I complete the quest.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Turgon.8625

Turgon.8625

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this as well. This, for me is a horrible horrible bug, worse than a mission not working.

I have played through the story and got the same broken issue with the orb and Apatia being introduced out of nowhere but as if I had known about them all along. Since personal stories are one time only missions my characters personal storyline has been permanently and un-reversibly broken.

Extremely disappointed and have pretty much lost all interest in completing the rest of the story on this character.

in Personal Story

Kalico.9246

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this as well. This, for me is a horrible horrible bug, worse than a mission not working.

I have played through the story and got the same broken issue with the orb and Apatia being introduced out of nowhere but as if I had known about them all along. Since personal stories are one time only missions my characters personal storyline has been permanently and un-reversibly broken.

Extremely disappointed and have pretty much lost all interest in completing the rest of the story on this character.

I feel the same way. I’m still hoping it can be fixed as I haven’t completed the quest to rescue Apatia yet but I am very very dissapointed. I don’t want to reroll my character, as she is level 80 and I have done a lot of crafting and exploring on her. It is so unfair, I am very angry at myself for buying gems in the store because if they can’t fix something like this they don’t deserve my money.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

I had a similar problem. When I got to Fort Trinity, I had to go get that orb which I also had not heard about. So it made no impression on me and I had no idea what it’s purpose was until I read about it here on forums. I also had no idea then who Apatia was. In addition to that, after the battle I was introduced to a largos Sayed-something who I’d also never heard of earlier in my PS. However, my characters says she’s “honored” to meet her as though she knows who this is. I also did not know anything about who the largos were. So somewhere along the way I missed some critical information or skipped some important mission.

Recently, I had another error come up in the storyline. When I did Estate of Decay, a group of scouts led by Captain Antje, proceeded into the mansion ahead of me. Afterwards it turns out she was corrupted by the undead. Curiously when I was doing a later mission where I have to sabotage the lighthouse, she’s present on the beach and I talk to her to begin the mission. Maybe she had a twin sister. lol

I’m still enjoying the story though and feel confident ANET will get all the bugs worked out.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Turgon.8625

Turgon.8625

The thing I worry about with bugs in the personal story line is that they are one time affairs.

It’s not like a broken dynamic event which you can just come back to in a few days and find it’s working again. Once a personal story mission is done it is finished, never to go back to. Any bug fixing done now ain’t going to help me unless Anet decide to roll me back a few missions in the story. I can’t see them doing that.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

It would be great if we could replay missions like in GW1. Then a person could at least go back and see what they missed. I hope they eventually make that option available, because it’s hard to get the overall picture the first time through and pick up on every detail or nuance. This way those of us who missed out on some vital story step can at least go back and fill in the gaps.