Living Story is too easy....

in Personal Story

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I remember having all these difficult fights on my first character’s living story. They were real challenges I enjoyed. I failed one chapter of Living Story so many times my armor actually broke, before finally conquering it.

Doing the living story on a second character, it was disappointing. Every single fight was a walk in the park. There was little to no challenge, and when the champion or veteran went down, I had to ask myself, “that’s it?” I was expecting much, much more.

What happened to the fights?

Sure, this being the second character to have my LS being done, I know what to expect. And my first character was still in ‘newbie’ mode, going into the stories with not-so-great gear, while this second one was spoiled with decent to high quality gear…but really? The fights weren’t that easy as I remember.

(edited by Arikyali.5804)

in Personal Story

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

and when you were fighting the champion/veteran, what class did you use and with how many players were you fighting?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Odds are good you’re just a better player now. You know what skills work, what are the enemy mechanics like, how to rotate skills, swap weapons etc.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yeah, there is a good chance that now you have more experience as a player and the new class you are playing is easier/strong to play.
BTW, it is Personal Story and not Living Story, they are different stuff.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Yeah, there is a good chance that now you have more experience as a player and the new class you are playing is easier/strong to play.
BTW, it is Personal Story and not Living Story, they are different stuff.

Personal story, right. Silly me.

There are some mechanics added that have made it easier (if you die the npc spawns with you. Before they would stay dead) but it feels like they just nerfed the difficulty of the personal story.

in Personal Story

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

or just removed annoyances, an NPC being killed is almost always out of your control so they simply made it this way.