Lost Connection

Lost Connection

in Personal Story

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

So I was doing an extremely long and annoying Personal Story mission, made it to literally the very end, where all I would have to do to finish it is talk to Trahearne whom I was standing next to, and momentarily lost my connection. So momentary, that it kicked me back to the character log in and I was able to log straight back in.
But when I do, am I sitting at the end of the mission ready to complete it and move on?
NO! I was kicked outside the instance, and now have to do it all over again. But God forbid my internet connection has another tiny hiccup, because then I’ll have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN!
I swear to God, it took me like 10 minutes just to kill the stupid boss at the end with the insane health level all bosses have.
I’ve now literally wasted over an hour on that thing, and have no way of assuring it won’t just happen to me again next time I try it.

They had this problem fixed way back in the early stages of Guild Wars 1; why is this still a problem now? They KNOW how to do this properly.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

Lost Connection

in Personal Story

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I had this problem too. I was literally seconds away from finishing Forging the Pact when my connection dropped for just an instant. I lost the entire mission and had to start over, including the running back and forth playing telephone for Trehearne part at the beginning. Very frustrating. I also got disconnected and dropped during Battle for Claw Island while I was trying to aim the trebuchet shot, and got booted from Estate of Decay once but fortunately that was at the beginning and I didn’t lose much.

GW2 really needs a feature like GW1 where it will hold your progress in memory for a couple of minutes in case of a connection drop, at least when you’re in an instance. It doesn’t have to be for very long, just long enough that you don’t lose everything because of a two second internet hiccup.

It diminished my enjoyment of the game somewhat – not just during the particular mission where I was losing progress, but every time there was a long mission I had at the back of my mind, “Is my connection going to drop? I’d better memorize this in case I have to do it over!” rather than just being in the moment. I didn’t love spending my recreation time having to worry about something like this. (Although I did enjoy most aspects of the game.)

(edited by Anakita Snakecharm.4360)

Lost Connection

in Personal Story

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

It’s funny you mention that, because it was also in Forging the Pact that this happened to me; that mission is just stupidly long.
Walk in and talk to everybody, follow Trahearne onto the balcony and talk again there, walk down and talk to all the Order representatives, walk back up and talk to Trahearne again, walk back down and talk with the craftsman, watch a cutscene, talk again, run out to the caves, fight a bunch of undead, fight more undead, find the the research team, fight even more undead, talk some more, walk back to the caves, fight more undead, talk some more, enter the caves, fight LOTS of undead, find the rest of the team, fight a mini boss, talk some more, fight lots more undead on your way to the back of the cave, talk some more, fight EVEN MORE undead as you reach the OPPOSITE end of the cave, watch another cutscene, fight a boss with massive health and stuns plus several mini bosses, then talk even more.

Well over an hour for one stupid mission.

Lost Connection

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rafkin.8923

Rafkin.8923

It’s been a problem since launch. Very frustrating.

Lost Connection

in Personal Story

Posted by: Danielle.8407

Danielle.8407

Looks like this problem is still happening. I tried this 4 times today. 3 with a teammate. Once solo and experienced many lag spikes. During my solo run I was relieved I didn’t lose connection but when I got the final boss down to 10% health, I lost connection!!! What is going on with this???