One quest and I'm maxed in my faction?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mystfit.8309

Mystfit.8309

If I read the conversation right, I did ONE quest after being initiated into my order and I was promoted to the highest rank?
Wow, that was kind of a let down. After years of EQ2 and faction grinding, I expected…..a bit more. I thought I’d be traveling the maps, going into dungeons, looking for lore for my order, Isntead, I help alittle bit and I’m promoted that fast…..I was kind of let down. Is there more to faction then that?

in Personal Story

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

No, that was pretty much it.

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

in Personal Story

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

Yup. The personal story does leave a little to be desired but you did get promoted through the ranks of the Sunspears pretty fast in Nightfall too. If you came from anywhere other than Elona it was a case of “oh you’re not from here well then I guess you’re a commander now so here’s a stabby thing, come on and invade Gandara”.

I would have loved it to have been much more drawn out too.

in Personal Story

Posted by: TravisTrout.6803

TravisTrout.6803

" After years of EQ2 and faction grinding, I expected…..a bit more. "

I’d say the two games represent the extremes; one is a horrendous grind, the other is a meaningless gift. But yeah, I definitely felt a far greater sense of accomplishment when I earned my Knight-Captain and Wanderer titles. For this game I would have been happy with something in between grind and gift.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mystfit.8309

Mystfit.8309

Agreed, I wasn’t expecting eq2 style faction runs, though something else would ahve been nice. I wan’ted to really feel my faction choice. I can’t afford their gear, so I’m a shabby represenative of their faction at this point