Personal Story Quest: 'The Hatchery' Bug

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jefacake.2036

Jefacake.2036

Anyone else have this problem with this quest? I’ve done all the required tasks but the NPC will not respond and trigger the next part of the quest. It’s stuck and there’s no way of continuing.

in Personal Story

Posted by: mojohikerdude.3895

mojohikerdude.3895

same thing with me i tried 4 times this morning and same result

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I’ll take a look at it, it was fine when we tested it before the update, but it’s possible some other unrelated issue go introduced. If you can make a note of it, knowing the order that you saved the skritt in would help.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jefacake.2036

Jefacake.2036

I’ll take a look at it, it was fine when we tested it before the update, but it’s possible some other unrelated issue go introduced. If you can make a note of it, knowing the order that you saved the skritt in would help.

First I save and revive the first two Skritt Vrackan and Yiktuk. But after i get to the final Skritt to save (Tchkik), it just freezes the quest and it will not continue anymore.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Shoahson.6493

Shoahson.6493

Mission broken for me too. Tried it a couple of times, and same result each time – progress stops after the “blah blah, destroyers killed Kittaka” part.
Order of saving skritt? Just following green circles on mission map. Talking to every npc when possible.
The funny thing is that patch notes state that mission was fixed in last update. Right… So, how many weeks til you let me continue my personal storyline?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Skafeos.1784

Skafeos.1784

I’m stuck on this one too, tried it 6 times, in the first 2 tries the first skritt just disappeared for no reason. After that i tried to do it faster but got stuck on Tchkik/Kittaka part.

in Personal Story

Posted by: yman.2039

yman.2039

same goes for me.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Brewster.5473

Brewster.5473

Same for me. The last try I was careful to save the skritt in the order you encounter them. Also have tried other orders over about 4 attempts. Tchkik will not budge. I filed a bug report before I found this thread. There is a screenshot attached that shows the position of the bugged skritt.

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

There are two threads on this issue, I forgot to update this one.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/The-hatchery-bugged/517476

in Personal Story

Posted by: Pritst.1469

Pritst.1469

i’m having the exact same problem and it’s from the vigil path for me if it matters

in Personal Story

Posted by: ElderCunningham.7682

ElderCunningham.7682

I as well am stuck here. Just played it for the last couple hours trying all different possible ways of going about it. It won’t go beyond reviving the skritt.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Pritst.1469

Pritst.1469

didn’t it say in the update notes on the 22 this was fixed btw?

in Personal Story

Posted by: caffeina.3270

caffeina.3270

i am also stuck here. tschkik just will not move. though my story log shows that i rescued the 3 skritt groups.

in Personal Story

Posted by: nada.9832

nada.9832

i have the same problem here, i cant finish the hatchery quest!!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Keizashi.9312

Keizashi.9312

Same thing! Tried over 15 times yesterday, different ways, last rat just not active after his dialogue, If he dead I even can’t ressurect him

in Personal Story

Posted by: tronik.9065

tronik.9065

This is a major showstopper for the personal story chain, and they’re saying it wont be fixed until “sometime in november”? We’ve seen smaller hotfixes go out. This is my first real issue with the game up to this point but wow… just… wow.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ender.3709

Ender.3709

Same for me…The I’ve cleared out everything, except that the blobs keep re-appearing, but I kill them too. The NPC’s won’t trigger the next step.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lucidity.5947

Lucidity.5947

HOW IS THIS STILL BUGGED? I’m about to level past all of this if you REALLY have to wait all the way till november. I’m already level 63…don’t do this to me anet. someone didn’t even test his bug fix, why do I have to be punished by choosing to investigate my little skrits?

[APeX] Lucidity
WvW&GvG Elementalist on Blackgate

in Personal Story

Posted by: Danzig.2051

Danzig.2051

Sigh…..still bugged for me

in Personal Story

Posted by: Tanyc.7184

Tanyc.7184

I’m stuck too,worst thing is every time i see a patch i get my hopes up it’s fixed,so i did the quest like 15 times already,when are you gonna take care of this?

in Personal Story

Posted by: WhimsicalPacifist.2943

WhimsicalPacifist.2943

Stuck as well. Given the size of the playerbase compared to the number of vocal people who post on the forums, this is a pretty huge problem.

The Skritt questline is one of five possible choices (ignoring the race filter) which must be taken to advance the Epic. Not getting it fixed is a serious turnoff to playing my thief which instead of leveling up, I let sit idle for fear of outleveling the rewards.

in Personal Story

Posted by: rageneko.1928

rageneko.1928

Stuck on this as well… did it twice before I thought to check here. Lame. Also, did anyone else have a problem with having loot on the ground disappear after a little bit? That happened to me. Lost a lot of good stuff because of that. My inventory was full so I was going to get it all after I finished fighting. Lost a gold item because of it.

Seriously ticked off.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Nice to see this game breaking issue is such a top priority. 6 days without even so much as a “We remember you”.

It’s been completely awesome having the storyline spoiled for me as I continue to new zones without being able to do ANY story quests along with them.

This must be what it feels like to be a “valued customer”!

in Personal Story

Posted by: CJH.2879

CJH.2879

Got to this quest today (the hatchery), yup its bugged/broken! Can’t progress any farther, the triggers just won’t activate no matter what I do! I’ve tried going around smashing every single thing up with no luck! Hope the developers get right on this sooner then later!

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Please check other threads on the same topic before posting.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/The-hatchery-bugged/590083

in Personal Story

Posted by: Corvaris.2465

Corvaris.2465

Add another victim to the long list of people unable to continue playing their character’s storyline because of this bug… just a thought, maybe if you folks can’t fix this problem, you could at least lock-out the quest so no more people get stuck?

in Personal Story

Posted by: multani.1452

multani.1452

Please check other threads on the same topic before posting.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/The-hatchery-bugged/590083

It’s not that we aren’t inform Jeff, it’s just we’re finding it beyound unreasonable that it’s been almost a month that this bug has been allowed to stay live without some form of fix. I can understand that it takes time for a patch to be released, however your team could have done something temporarily to keep more people from running into this bug. Such as for example, not allowing the option to help the Skritt temporarily. Instead, it seems the team decided “Meh, who cares just work on the event patches, noone will care about the storyline”. And, it doesn’t help us when you have people locking down threads so people could no longer discuss the issue.

“I got ten voices in my head and NONE of them like you.”
~Eliana Veilstrike~
Yak’s Bend (TBE)

in Personal Story

Posted by: kadajic.8941

kadajic.8941

Even though i hace a higher level character since i was not into the story, i ended up with the same situation. . .and now that I read its been a while since mission has been having this problem preventing people from continuing their story soooooo how long do we have to wait ??? So that I dont keep wasting my time playing?! also my friend got his account hacked. . . .he didnt even authorized the IP from where they were trying to gain access and still happened!!! Sooo how secure is arena net?!

in Personal Story

multani.1452

Even though i hace a higher level character since i was not into the story, i ended up with the same situation. . .and now that I read its been a while since mission has been having this problem preventing people from continuing their story soooooo how long do we have to wait ??? So that I dont keep wasting my time playing?! also my friend got his account hacked. . . .he didnt even authorized the IP from where they were trying to gain access and still happened!!! Sooo how secure is arena net?!

Well most likely you’re going to have to wait till 11/15/2012 since that is when the next content update comes out. I’ve already stopped playing till then as honestly it feels “wrong” to try and level up without advancing my story.

~Eliana Veilstrike~
Yak’s Bend (TBE)

in Personal Story

Posted by: alexandragurl.7240

alexandragurl.7240

Just checked after the november 5th update and still not fixed.
I’m just about to hit lvl 80 (Im at lvl 77) and my main storyline (which is my favourite part) is stillat 45…

I know that you can do PvP or focus on other chars during this time, but a month is too long for this to go on- and I feel as if they haven,t considered people that don’t like PvP and WvW- I never do it. So now I’m stuck and frustrated…. only plus side is world completion is coming along… but that gets tiring….

in Personal Story

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

I’ve been stuck on this quest for a few days now, checked just now & Tchkik will still not move

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

in Personal Story

Posted by: Torahime.8749

Torahime.8749

I am stopped here as well. Given that there have been a multitude of other patches for bugs some of which seem to have been a problem for less time. What is happening that the testing is taking so much longer here?
Testing is wonderful but you are leaving a major bug there for weeks now.
One of the best things about guild wars had been the response on fixes. As you can never guarantee that a patch will not break something else, is it not time to release it.

(edited by Torahime.8749)

in Personal Story

Posted by: selkirofgc.9182

selkirofgc.9182

It’s been nearly two weeks. I’ve started this quest as a level 41-42 , I believe. I am aware the fix should (possibly) be fixed this month, according to what I’ve heard, but…. two weeks. My alt is a level 57, nearly 58.

Whether it should be a “quick fix” or not, it is still a problem. And I highly recommend revising it soon.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Goostaka Touphis.4321

Goostaka Touphis.4321

I read the previous forum post that is now locked that has Jeffery’s update. But this quest is still bugged and I am loosing interest in this game very quick since my elementalist is my favor toon. I first tried to complete the quest at 41 and am now up to level 58 but haven’t really play for almost a week now because of this bug. When is this quest suppose to be fixed?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ragnarok.3961

Ragnarok.3961

Does arena net concider fixing this ?

in Personal Story

Posted by: xjeckylx.6014

xjeckylx.6014

thuesday is the update time and the bug is still exist !!!! what are we supose to do wait till 24 of november ???

in Personal Story

Posted by: darkknightt.6825

darkknightt.6825

So I was at around level 40 or so when I started this part of my story and since then, I’ve become level 65 and just have been leveling by completing areas. I just want to actually do my story because I enjoyed it and enjoyed seeing what would happen next.

in Personal Story

Posted by: geoff.8429

geoff.8429

still bugged for me after yesterdays update.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Karsmodei.5403

Karsmodei.5403

When I fix it bug “the hatchery”????

in Personal Story

Posted by: nighthawke.3075

nighthawke.3075

in Personal Story

Posted by: Boxy.3824

Boxy.3824

Just to save anyone reading this the pain.. its STILL bugged ! (8th nov. 9:30 cet)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cecep.9482

Cecep.9482

my quest is bugged too!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Saralyn.7238

Saralyn.7238

I’ve been working on this quest point from my story and, it will not finish either after I save them. I have tried everyday for over a week now. Help. Do you think they’ll fix the problem soon?

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

The update is buried in the other thread, but the TL;DR version is that the bug should be fixed in the content update later this week.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lurgy.9723

Lurgy.9723

Thanks for the update Jeff.
Now how about some compo for all the players who have been stuck for weeks waiting on this being fixed?

Warning : This message may contain nuts.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

The thing that sucks about the fact that this fix was withheld for so long is that quest rewards are going to be completely useless at this point. I mean, I’m sure I am not the only player who continued to level past this quest. And quite frankly, the CS answer of “roll another character” was pretty insulting.

From what I’ve read, the bug was first discovered on October 8th? Patched once unsuccessfully, and then just left to sit until a “content update”. Being that this story quest was the totally unique experience the game sold itself on (that and WvW), this should have received a much higher priority than things like a patch that “addressed an issue with drop rates of Unidentified Dye”.

This was a completely dropped ball on ANet’s part. Being that it’s the first since I picked up the game (just got here a little over a week ago), I’m not screaming “REFUND!!!” but continued instances of the feeling that we’re being shoved off into a corner until we can be dealt with will not go over as smoothly.

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rehnzo.4167

Rehnzo.4167

take a look on the image, everything is done, but the nothing happens.. them a need to scape from the instance area to play the game , and my main story line don’t progress
… please fix this , soon as possible…
I really like my hero, and i don’t want to start a new one now, i’m lvl 57 ,i really would like to continue with this one

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Posted by: sandstorm.3941

sandstorm.3941

… this should have received a much higher priority than things like a patch that “addressed an issue with drop rates of Unidentified Dye”.

This was a completely dropped ball on ANet’s part. Being that it’s the first since I picked up the game (just got here a little over a week ago), I’m not screaming “REFUND!!!” but continued instances of the feeling that we’re being shoved off into a corner until we can be dealt with will not go over as smoothly.

It was both hilarious and frustrating that they thought fixing drop rates of Unidentified Dye is more important than a fundamental part of their game that is broken.

(edited by sandstorm.3941)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Kalas.9836

Kalas.9836

I’m stuck too and I am about to hit 80

in Personal Story

multani.1452

I’m just beyond annoyed that Anet allowed it to go on this long. It’s not just this bug but the kitten story bug in “The stone Sheath”. I have two characters that can’t continue their story line and have waited for a little over a month for a kitten fix. The only thing I dread is that I KNOW there’s going to be yet another bug further down the line in story missions and can’t wait to see how long they take to fix THAT one.

~Eliana Veilstrike~
Yak’s Bend (TBE)