Personal Story Requires a Group/Dungeon?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeff Nyman.6314

Jeff Nyman.6314

I’m debating on whether to start a new MMO, coming from SWTOR. I tend to be a very casual player, treating an MMO mostly as a solo experience — at least for “class quest” and/or “personal story” type stuff. (I know — it’s an MMO. But to me that just means I’m playing in a world where I can play with other players; I don’t always have to.)

What I’m reading is that your personal story cannot be completed without grouping up and going through a dungeon.

(1) Is that true?
(2) Is this dungeon in any way solo-able (such as if you are geared up appropriately)?

I know I perhaps shouldn’t necessarily let one thing like this stop me from even starting the game, but I have to admit it’s causing me some pause. Am I just being a bit unreasonable?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

What I’m reading is that your personal story cannot be completed without grouping up and going through a dungeon.

The very last thing in the personal storyline, after 43 solo missions, is a dungeon you need people for.

But if it makes you feel any better, the personal story isn’t that interesting. You will likely give up on doing it way before you reach the end, and the really good part of the game – exploring the open world and doing dynamic events – can be done solo.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Personal Story

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

The dungeon is easy, though, so keep that in mind. People are regularly trying to do it to complete their story, as well, so eventually it should fall together for you.

edit:
It’s not solo-able, to answer the other question. I mean, I am sure there are some folks who can solo the bosses and such, but there are portions of the trash fighting and movement within the dungeon that need a party to split its focus a bit.

(edited by synk.6907)