Personal Story required for map completion?

in Personal Story

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

I’ve completed about 10 zones (at least) so far and I have never run into a limitation. I get to Straights of Devastation and find out that there is a POI in an area that is inaccessible without having completed the personal story?

Is that intentional? I was under the impression (considering I got through 80 levels in the game) that the personal story was a separate piece of content from everything else. I’ve never had an issue completing a zone before. This is, to be honest, incredibly irritating.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If you think that is irritating wait till you start doing the personal story. -_-
Needless to say the experience with a Sylvari Elementalist has not been good so far.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zish.9817

Zish.9817

Ah, yes, that would be rather annoying if you haven’t been doing your personal story.

I think they put it there, and blocked it off, specifically so that in order to get 100%, you had to do your personal story.

There’s nothing even special behind that door.

Aside from that, why not do the personal story quests? They reward an amazing amount of experience, have unique armor and trinkets, and also it can just be fun sometimes.

in Personal Story

drwookie.6391

Ah, yes, that would be rather annoying if you haven’t been doing your personal story.

I think they put it there, and blocked it off, specifically so that in order to get 100%, you had to do your personal story.

There’s nothing even special behind that door.

Aside from that, why not do the personal story quests? They reward an amazing amount of experience, have unique armor and trinkets, and also it can just be fun sometimes.

I was doing them but I got carried away with exploration (around level…14 or so). They just kept having me go back and forth from town to locations…i would do a 10 minute mission then have to either run or teleport back to Rata Sum for 5 minutes, then another 10 minute mission 2 zones away…I lost interest and before I knew it I was level 80 with a level like 14 personal story.

It’s just annoying that up until now (with almost 70% world completion), my lack of a personal story has NEVER hindered my ability to explore. They were two completely separate issues. To change that up in a level 70+ zone is just weird and downright annoying.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zish.9817

Zish.9817

Well as I said, it’s most likely intended.

I mean, one single POI out of all of them that you need a level 80 story quest to get to.

Exploration involves seeing everything the game has to offer. I think they wanted you to explore your personal story as a part of that quest as well.

Sure, sometimes they can be 5 zones away, but it’s worth it in the end.

in Personal Story

drwookie.6391

Well as I said, it’s most likely intended.

I mean, one single POI out of all of them that you need a level 80 story quest to get to.

Exploration involves seeing everything the game has to offer. I think they wanted you to explore your personal story as a part of that quest as well.

Sure, sometimes they can be 5 zones away, but it’s worth it in the end.

If they wanted exploration and personal story to be interconnected they should have made it so a little earlier on…not 70+ levels in. There is really no excuse for throwing a random curve ball like this.

in Personal Story

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

SarahWitter.2317

Not Intended- We’ve investigated this issue and determined that there was a bug to those who had not completed their story. This will be fixed in a future update.

Thank you,
Sarah