Personal Story with friend: Progress cooperatively?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Shurkan.1809

Shurkan.1809

Dunno if there’s already a thread about this but:
I was planning to go through the personal story with a friend. We want to choose the exact same things while creating the character and during the story.
Will we also progress through the story together? Aka. if we complete a mission, will both of us get a reward or will one of us have to do it again separately?
i read some things about playing PS together but I still don’t quite get everything about it.
I’d be glad if I get some answers.

(edited by Shurkan.1809)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

If you’re on the same story step, you’ll be prompted at the end if you want to complete the story step (and accept all decisions made during the step) or want to decline and complete the step at a later time.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jinx.7945

Jinx.7945

Yes, but there is a bug that affects some characters doing this. One of their storylines skips ahead by as much as 18 levels. See: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Did-Part-of-Your-Story-Get-Skipped-or-Changed-Post-here/first

One thing that appears to be a common theme is that at least one person is sharing the storyline/story instance when this happens.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

That’s no longer happening.

in Personal Story

Jinx.7945

Hmmm, I missed that in the patch notes.

Is there a plan to address the affected characters?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Elesthor.1450

Elesthor.1450

Another question I have about sharing Personal Story quests.
In order to join a friend of yours in a quest you had to be in the same area. Is this intended?

in Personal Story

Posted by: jazzyfox.7398

jazzyfox.7398

Hmmm, I missed that in the patch notes.

Is there a plan to address the affected characters?

Doesn’t seem like it. There’s been zero communication for over two weeks now.

(edited by jazzyfox.7398)

in Personal Story

Jinx.7945

Jeffrey provided an update for affected characters in another thread today: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Did-Part-of-Your-Story-Get-Skipped-or-Changed-Post-here/276690

Thanks, Jeffrey.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

I understand that the ability to choose not to accept progress is available… however…
When it skipped my storyline from the mission with Destinys Edge arguing in Lions Arch, it gave me no prompt to receive a reward or accept progress. The instance just switched to allow us to go back to town, we left the instance, they got the email and rewards and I didn’t. I saw my quest line had been set to 48.
Anyway, I don’t know if that is helpful or not to know but it might assist the devs in looking into the programming logic if more problems happen soon.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Borticus.3672

Borticus.3672

There’s an additional game-breaking error caused by attempting to do a Story Mission with friends. This specifically affects the Battle for Claw Island, but I’m sure there are other cutscene-laden missions with the same issue.

Basically, only the ‘owner’ of the story is allowed to see all of the events unfold. The rest of the party does not see the dialog cutscenes, the ships rising from the sea, nothing. There’s also only one trebuchet to use.

This fact has irrevocably put a bad taste in my mouth regarding one of the most epic adventure missions I’ve yet participated in. I play this game alongside a partner 100% of the time, and yet we’re now penalized with poorly-thought-out mechanics because of this design decision. I thought grouping in an MMO was supposed to be a good thing?