Personality affects what?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Anonymous The Spy.2491

Anonymous The Spy.2491

So at the moment I am playing a Diplomatic Norn Guardian.
Every time I get personality choices I alternate between Charm and Dignity but I’ve been searching the forums and I can’t seem to find any significance to the Personality choices.
Does it have any affect on the aesthetic of the game at all?
If it does, could someone post some examples of the different Personalities affecting things.
Thx

in Personal Story

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

There are a few dialogue choices that you only get if you have a certain personality, but they are few and far between.

It would be nice if personality affected cutscenes as well but its far too late for that now, at least in the personal story currently in the game. I do hope that they take it more into account when expanding the storyline however.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ibari.1294

Ibari.1294

Right now it’s just an icon at your hero panel I hope that changes, really…

…still unsure about my main character.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Anonymous The Spy.2491

Anonymous The Spy.2491

That’s a shame. I was hoping it would be like Arcanum in that you alignment/personality changed not only how you spoke to other players but if they would be willing you trade with you.
It could be nice to see Karma Merchants sell items only usable by certain personalities.

in Personal Story

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

There are a few dialogue choices that you only get if you have a certain personality, but they are few and far between.

It would be nice if personality affected cutscenes as well but its far too late for that now, at least in the personal story currently in the game. I do hope that they take it more into account when expanding the storyline however.

Really? I sometimes see extra dialogue options for Ferocity when my character is something like 70% Dignity, 29% Charm.

To answer the OP, I seem to recall a developer stating several months ago that personality was one of those things they had intended to develop further but ran short on time/resources. And no, I don’t mean that as a jab at Trahearne.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in Personal Story

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

It would be cool if your personality somehow affected the little sayings your character does during battle… so if you’re barbaric they say more ferocious things (i.e. “Die, die, die!”), but if you noble than they have other little quotes (i.e. “Stand down, villains!”). There was a system like that in Dragon Age II (although maybe it’s not a good idea to use that as a reference for anything).

It’s probably way too late for a feature like that to crop up though since the voice acting is all done with.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Elusive.9481

Elusive.9481

I think I saw one example of personality affecting the game. In the Wintersday event, in Tixx’s place, sometimes you had to paint the unpainted princess dolls. On my “Captivating” toon, they would giggle and wave. I’ve also seen them bow at times (not when I hit them), and some people were asking “Why do they scream and cry when I paint them?” I think they were reacting based on the character’s personality.

in Personal Story

Posted by: timidshadow.1754

timidshadow.1754

The only changes that I have noticed have to do with dialogue choices. Having a personality is good for a character but when it makes little to no difference you start to wonder why it is there.

Helel [Dragonbrand]
“Death is the road to awe.”

in Personal Story

Posted by: Alf.9137

Alf.9137

This has so much potential in the future to truly pave the way and lead the genre in terms of MMORPG’s.

I’d love to see the “personality” add extra quests from certain NPC’s, give us extra emotes, open up traders (perhaps after the questlines), even offer up special skills for us to use. NPC reactions, Factions and ofc our own Personal Story could all diverge depending on our personality.

Hopefully they are able to find time to be innovative and add to this in the future.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I would prefer personality affect the voice ques that each character says. I would easily slap $10 to $15 bucks down on a voice-over expansion pack if they were to do so too!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Nothing.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

It’s the complete opposite of the implementation of DS/LS in SWTOR or Charm/Intimidate in Mass Effect 2/3 where your choice actually determines what happens in the immediate story and makes your character increasingly deformed and pale if you keep picking the evil option.

Maybe Anet should have played some Bioware games before implementing this.