Remember me?

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: SquallofBalamb.8973

SquallofBalamb.8973

During one part of my personal story I helped with a certain artifact that was used later in the game. Met the same people when it became time to use it and they acted like I didn’t know what happened! Me, Traehern and another sylvari rescued the 4th character, then when I met them later they told me (bearing in mind there were only the 4 of us) “I was trapped in Orr and (other sylvari) and Traehern rescued me”… Seriously? I was there! I lead the group and killed about a bajillion risen spider hatchlings! I’m just wondering if this was an oversight or just lazyness.

Minion Master of Apex of Tyria
Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Keta.9601

Keta.9601

Laziness. But that’s just my opinion.

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

After crlawr island, everyone’s personal story ends and you join Trahaern’s personal story.

In Trahaern’s personal story he rescued everyone and saved the day and you’re just some guy he lets hang around with him because he feels bad for you.

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

Its because the personal story isn’t one story, it is a group of stories that start over every 10 levels or so until you hit the 50’s and it becomes Trahearne’s story. So at this point you are in Trahearne’s story and none of the npcs know or care about what happened in your stories before that. Welcome to the biggest complaint in this section of the forum, well that and the whole forcing us to do Arah…

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

This is so true. I did the same mission with the difference being that I never even asked for trahearns help in the racial story part.. I chose to enlist the aid of some asura to free her so that she says that trahearne helped her is just absurd. There could have been references to the earlier part of the storyline but I guess the story writers figured that “Bah, screw the players, they wont remember it anyway”.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Keta.9601

Keta.9601

After crlawr island, everyone’s personal story ends and you join Trahaern’s personal story.

In Trahaern’s personal story he rescued everyone and saved the day and you’re just some guy he lets hang around with him because he feels bad for you.

Personally, In my personal story I meat Trahaern found out he was weasel, told him to go jump in a lava lake and never went on a mission with him again. That so called dragon hasn’t destroyed the world yet either. Frankly I don’t think he exists.

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I was quite sad to see that my coterie with which I create the device Dvoe me forget.
They present their invention, next to me … without recognizing me, or ask me if I was okay since the time .. if I would come back or else …

They forget me!

How sad = (

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

So I’m working on wrapping up the personal story to get that nagging unfinished feeling gone, and complete the “Blast from the Past” mission where I help a Sylvari warmaster use a weapon against the risen. So then at the start of the next mission, Trahearne introduces me to a Norn and, wait for it, THE SAME SYLVARI. Both he and my character act like they didn’t just complete this epic mission together moments ago and exchange pleasantries. Really?

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ramei.2715

Ramei.2715

OP, didn’t you notice that earlier in the PS your order mentor introduced you to Traehern , like you two never met before? They didn’t take into account some people would be playing sylvari. And I had that same problem with the two I did the mirror quests on, acting like they didn’t know me. There’s more though. I choose to recruit a norn, not the charr. But a later PS has you working with the charr, not the norn, and my character and the two charr act like they know each other.

On my asura I befriended the hylek, but when he reported to Vigil after there was a glitch, putting a hylek and a skritt in the story, both when spoken too talked about me saving them when of course I only helped the hylek. Asura don’t get skritt as an option because they think they’re vermin to be exterminated.

(edited by Ramei.2715)

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

FWIW, this was a bug that I just fixed. Not sure when it will hit Live. We had an alternate scene recorded for sylvari who’d completed the mirror storyline, but it wasn’t hooked up.

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Blackwolfe.5649

FWIW, this was a bug that I just fixed. Not sure when it will hit Live. We had an alternate scene recorded for sylvari who’d completed the mirror storyline, but it wasn’t hooked up.

Awesome, thanks! Now all we need is a way to go back and replay earlier parts of the storyline again! I’d love to see the real outcome of this scene!

Game over

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: SwashbucklerXX.4328

SwashbucklerXX.4328

There’s also a Priory quest step with the asura from that sylvari personal story questline… Maeva I think? It’s the Lion’s Arch step where you have to take out her defences and re-re-acquire the dimensional anchor. It’d be cool if she offered up some recognition as well… and especially cool if it’s a plant joke, since that’s her thing.

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

Awesome, thanks! Now all we need is a way to go back and replay earlier parts of the storyline again! I’d love to see the real outcome of this scene!

Aye! I’d love to be able to replay parts of the personal story. ‘specially parts like this where Trahearne’s memory loss is being slowly cured.

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

I think that unnamed objectOrrian mirror wasn’t the only thing like that. There’s some Asuran stuff (I’m not going to “spoiler” lvl2 personal story stuff) like the VOED that shows up in Orr too when going to the place and doing the thinggoing to the Temple of Grenth to find out the ritual but I haven’t gotten that far on either of my Asura yet so I don’t know if there’s any acknowledgement of it.

On a side note, since I finished the personal story on 2 characters before starting it on my Sylvari, I can’t tell you how stoked I was to get some Carys time that early. That chick is truly the AWESOME.

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Jeffrey, is there also any unimplemented/bugged alternative dialogue for when a sylvari is sent to talk to the Pale Tree with Trahearne? The fact that sylvari aren’t recognized by their own bleedin’ mother is one of the big story-killers IMO.

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Fairymore.8609

Fairymore.8609

I think that unnamed objectOrrian mirror wasn’t the only thing like that. There’s some Asuran stuff (I’m not going to “spoiler” lvl2 personal story stuff) like the VOED that shows up in Orr too when going to the place and doing the thinggoing to the Temple of Grenth to find out the ritual but I haven’t gotten that far on either of my Asura yet so I don’t know if there’s any acknowledgement of it.

I know what you are talking about and i did that quest. The Asuran NPCs do not act like they know you but if you talk to them after the cut scene one of them does knowledge you with something like “Oh i remember you” which confused me because i thought that was MY invention and MY krewe.

I felt a little bitter.

Remember me?

in Personal Story

Blackwolfe.5649

I felt really bad after reading this post, because I felt so guilty. because when I first objected to the vertical progression it was maybe moslty because I was afraid of getting left behind. I had a hard time already in GW1 in many areas, so I guess most players want to have it to get lesser skillfull players out of the game. I didn’t wanted to ruin your game, and now I obviously have spent a lot of time wrecking your forum as well. Sorry.

Im thinking you ment to post this in an entirely different thread?

Game over