Route to Snowden Drifts needs to be addressed

in Personal Story

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

3 of my characters have their story quests asking them to go to Snowden Drifts at level 22ish. However, the route are all redirecting you to Iron’s Arch, then pass Cendarion Fields, which is level 25-35 and there are a lot of level 30ish mobs that is unavoidable. This is definitely a wrong direction to go to. This needs to be addressed and changed to the route through Hoelbrak and Wayfarer Foothills. This can be very insulting to new players since they don’t know the route and would probably follow the anchor blindly, running into a suicide zone.

BTW I tried to report this as a bug in game, but I cannot find any sub-area that I can include this. There should be a General or Misc Sub Area in the bug report form.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

It displays the shortest route to the story entry point. What’s the story step name?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

It displays the shortest route to the story entry point. What’s the story step name?

Sorry I don’t remember the name of the quests but they are all level 22ish Norn and Charr’s story quest and the destinations are all on the west side of Snowden Drifts. I think any story quest that asks you to somewhere on the west side of that map will result in asking you to go to the Cendarian Field route. I suggest the path generator to omit paths that will lead you through a zone with higher level than the story quest. Or at least show the zone name of the destination on the story quest because if it is an unvisited area, you can’t see the border line and you have no idea which map it is in.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

I think you mean Gendarran Fields, the level 25-35 human zone? And since it shows the shortest route, depending where you are the route can often be dangerous. You should approach Snowden Drifts from the east, Wayfarer Foothills, then make your way through the zone.