So why aren't Pact Weapons Exotics?

in Personal Story

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Just curious here. The Personal Story is fun and all, but the rewards are pretty paltry for everything you have to do to complete it. And, considering you have to complete a Lv80 dungeon to even get to the point where you’re awarded one single Pact Weapon, I couldn’t believe they were just rares. Chances are, just by virtue of being Lv80 and doing the dungeon, you’ve come across a rare.

Why not reward anyone who takes the time to complete the Personal Story with an exotic?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I agree. I love the skins so have transmuted them onto exotics and I love that they kept the same story reward style of the first game.

Should they be exotics at the barterer? Definitely in my opinion anyway

in Personal Story

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

Making them both Account Bound and Exotic would be much better than the current reward.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

in Personal Story

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Making them both Account Bound and Exotic would be much better than the current reward.

No it wouldn’t. Currently we can divide the players who complete the story into three groups:
– Those who don’t like the skins. They can sell them on the trading post.
– People who like the pact weapon skins, but only want one per character. They can use a transmutation stone to apply the skin to an exotic.
– People who like the pact weapon skins, but want multiple weapons per character. They can buy them from the trading post.

Make the pact weapons account bound and you screw over the first* and last groups of people, while dividing the second group into the lucky people who like the stats on the weapon and those who don’t and thus have to pay extra for both a transmutation stone and an exotic with the stats they want.

*Yes, they could still salvage them. But I doubt they would salvage into anything as valuable as the prices pact weapons currently sell for.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Make the Victory Token redeemable for one soulbound Precursor of your choice and have the Pact weapons sold for either Karma or Gold/Silver.

Two birds with one stone, boohyah!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Personal Story

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

It is pretty sad that people who like the skin, even after completing a level 80 dungeon and their whole story, then have to find and use a transmutation stone to make use of the reward.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

It is pretty sad that people who like the skin, even after completing a level 80 dungeon and their whole story, then have to find and use a transmutation stone to make use of the reward.

Same as T3 armour really. You essentially pay 120g for six skins; nobody in their right mind would actually wear the T3 armour sets as they are…

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I agree with the suggestion that Pact Weapons should be made Exotic (you just killed a freakin’ Elder Dragon!), and that T3 Cultural armor should be made Exotic as well.