Something absolutely amazing! Gj on this A net! I think...

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ghost.9035

Ghost.9035

This thread will contain spoilers! I think… So do NOT read on unless you have almost completed the story, or don’t care.

Okay, so I don’t know if this was a bug, or actually meant to happen. The reason why i say that is because relatively often combat sounds as well as some other sounds will drop out leaving music, ambiance, and the rest. This took place during the 2nd to last mission, (this is where you kill the big eye) and is something that i felt was very enjoyable and possibly one of the most emotion fetching pieces in any video game I had ever played, even if it was so brief. Immediately following the eyes death, whats his face starts cleansing the pool. It is at around this time that the people defending the entrance shout out that they have failed and people are getting through etc. After they shout this, 4 fleshreavers spawn, and you have to kill them. About halfway through killing them, a huge mob of undead spawn, and make a B-line straight for you. It was at this point that the sound of combat and voices slowly faded out as the guild wars main theme on the piano (I think) started playing. (ABOUT THE MOBS. They are very easy mobs, with very low health that don’t hit very hard. You can take down a lot of them, but they do actually take down your health in numbers) You see, I felt like this was that movie experience when a hopeless yet valiant person holds off hordes while the camera pans away and sound dies, leaving you to fill in the blanks that the character has perished on fighting impossible odds. I truly felt an attachment to my character as his health got lower and lower, feeling like this was the situation. It was so emotionally moving to me, and It wasn’t very much interrupted either when the hordes of soldiers rush in and save you. (never mind how an army of undead walked past a defensive wall of able bodied soldiers. since when they said they had failed and the undead were getting through, I had thought that they all died, which was part of why i felt that I was the final guard against the undead, which was such a marvelous feeling)

Anyway, I am rambling now. Thank you very much for the experience A net, whether it was a bug or not (the sound and the timing of the soldiers coming in since I almost died against the bajillion undead), it truly deserved to be there. I hope I got my point across.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Toxe.5340

Toxe.5340

Agreed, fading out all other sounds and only playing the music was a great touch. Very well done.

in Personal Story

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

SarahWitter.2317

I’ve passed this feedback on to the designer and audio team members responsible. I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed it!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

I have to agree, the Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan fight and the events shortly afterwards were pretty fantastic, right up there (if not beyond) with the same feelings I got from finishing my Sith Assassin’s questline back in SWToR, only without the despair and hopelessness that came afterwards…but that’s another story.

Very well done, whatever you paid Jeremy Soule for this game’s soundtrack wasn’t nearly enough. Knocked it out the park.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zish.9817

Zish.9817

I agree as well, that was quite an amazing moment.

I enjoyed the use of “Fear Not This Night”.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Gronba.8621

Gronba.8621

I agree I really enjoyed this part aswell – felt very epic!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Hador.2753

Hador.2753

This. Couldn’t have said it better myself, by far the most won’t-forget moment in my whole GW2 experience (at least in the first 3 weeks :-) )!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I’ve really enjoyed that part too. It’s my overall favorite “mission” in the entire game.

Not to bring criticism into this, but I really feel like the Sovereign Eye is the true final boss considering how climatic the fight is. This was an amazing mission that even Zhaitan himself didn’t come close to topping!

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)