The Nightmare Court are stupid.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

This is the third time we’ve disguised ourselves, by the way.

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Nilkemia.8507

Aww, no one thinks it’s a little funny? This isn’t meant to be a complaint thread, just a silly little thing I noticed in the Personal Story when you bring someone else along…

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I giggled a little .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ara.8540

Ara.8540

That is very funny actually, hahaha. “Just throw some leaves on her! She’ll blend right in!”

in Personal Story

Nilkemia.8507

“I swear I’m one of you! My leaves just happen to be a bit flesh-colored.”

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Norn are masters of disguise and subtlety. They can be anywhere, at any time, and can become whatever is necessary to ensure that they are never spotted. The chair you sit in could possibly be a Norn hunter in disguise. That window? Norn. Your carpet? A norn’s beard unbound. Your computer? You get the idea. Even if the Nightmare Court could perceive this Norn, she could easily adjust her personality, stride and expression so that The Nightmare Court likely would’ve assumed that she simply dismembered and skinned her foes and pasted their flesh onto herself as a grisly trophy.

You will never know a Norn if they don’t want to know you.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sparhauoc.6208

Sparhauoc.6208

Nice one Frosty.

Reminded me of the captain of my highschool football team bragging about his stealth when we played paintball. They spotted him 50 yards away. At night.

Of course, darkness doesn’t really affect sound…

At times, I wonder if it’s worth it? All these hours for a game?A voice says,
You think this a game? Was the Battle of Antietam a game? Was the sack of Rome a game?
I shoulder my weapon, return to my destiny, my calling…at least until the phone calls.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I laughed.

in Personal Story

Posted by: teh persun.6517

teh persun.6517

Their nightmare courtiers, they probably think that it’s flayed skin, and she just so happens to be really kittening big, because being hulkishly huge is cool and edgy.

in Personal Story

Posted by: yungwizud.1827

yungwizud.1827

aaaaaaaaarrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ):<

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

Their nightmare courtiers, they probably think that it’s flayed skin, and she just so happens to be really kittening big, because being hulkishly huge is cool and edgy.

That would make sense if the night court were actually evil and there were other members of the night court who wore flayed skin.

In fact the difference between the night court and the rest of the Sylvari is simply one of ideology. The night court are fighting to free the rest of the Sylvari from the control of the mother tree which they perceive as evil.

in Personal Story

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

not quite true Ellisande, the Nightmare Court wants to free both the “Dreamer” sylvari AND the Pale Tree from Ventari’s teachings, something they perceive as forced on them and a perversion of their true nature.

to do so, they use pain, suffering, anguish, shock and awe, basically whatever kicks Dreamers out of their comfort zone and creates bad experiences (and the memories that go with them) if that means walking around wearing someone’s skinsuit, so be it

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

not quite true Ellisande, the Nightmare Court wants to free both the “Dreamer” sylvari AND the Pale Tree from Ventari’s teachings, something they perceive as forced on them and a perversion of their true nature.

to do so, they use pain, suffering, anguish, shock and awe, basically whatever kicks Dreamers out of their comfort zone and creates bad experiences (and the memories that go with them) if that means walking around wearing someone’s skinsuit, so be it

The very fact that you don’t ever see or hear any mention whatsoever about even a single member of the Nightmare Court going around wearing flayed skin means that not only does it not happen but anyone who thinks it could happen doesn’t understand them. The Nightmare Court are not inherently evil even if they perform some acts which can be seen as evil. From their perspective they are more akin to freedom fighters who have had to resort to taking drastic action not only to protect themselves but also to protect the other Sylvari.

The person who suggested that they’d just say it was a skinsuit reminds me of a PNP RPer who does something completely stupid and out of context with the story and then tries to create some boneheaded reasoning to justify it where if they had to justify the action within the confines of the story before they could perform the stupid action they’d be unable to perform the stupid action.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Fleaman.9864

Fleaman.9864

This would have made the Personal Story like a billion times better if it actually happened.

There’s an episode in Norse mythology in which Loki loses Thor’s hammer to a giant, and the giant demands Thor’s wife in exchange for it. Thor wants to be Thor and beat up this problem and then also Loki, but Loki manages to convince him that the only course of action is for Thor to infiltrate the giant’s court by dressing up as his wife. Hilarity ensues as the giant points out things like his new wife-to-be’s terrifying warrior’s eyes, which Loki claims are just because of lack of sleep (Loki has tagged along disguised as a handmaiden, because he is a shapeshifter and also a prick). Needless to say, someone eventually leaves the hammer in front of Thor and the issue is ultimately very much resolved Thor’s Way.

What I’m saying is that Tybalt should have been in this story.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Somewhere in that Court base there were two of them commenting on the Nor—er I mean new Sylvari’s apples.
lol

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!