The Order's mentor and the Story

in Personal Story

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Why does the best character in the story have to die?
I loved my Vigil mentor Forgal, he was a cool character, the first person that was really well done in my story.
I’m now running another character through the story, this one with the Priory. Sieran is way too awesome to die… I don’t want to lose her.=((
How about we sacrifice Trahearne instead, and let us keep our mentors?^^ Or somehow find a way to bring them back for expansions?

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

I’m all for sacrificing Trahearne, wouldn’t really cause any sort of emotional response other than joy though :-P

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

I’m all for sacrificing Trahearne, wouldn’t really cause any sort of emotional response other than joy though :-P

Yes please.
Also, Forgal was my first mentor, and so far the most profound death. I get goosebumps whenever I think of his lines “I am Forgal, son of Kern. My father was the last dolyak Shaman. I will never bow” yada yada

in Personal Story

Milennin.4825

Forgal’s death was pretty well done, it seemed fitting for him to sacrifice himself. But still he was an awesome character I’d love to have kept him in the story instead.=p

in Personal Story

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

My second character is Virgil and there I agree with you all. However, my first character was in the durman priory and you get stuck with the overexcited -‘look here i can fly an your not’ – Magister Sieran. I was really happy when she killed herself.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I actually laughed my kitten of when Sieran just pretty much flew upstairs and told me: ooooh you can’t Looks like you’ll have to climb!

But yes, it sucks they die :C I do like trahearne, just a shame that I feel like he might as well give the weather forecast after telling me how many soldiers died ._."

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Personal Story

Posted by: ceitic.6198

ceitic.6198

As far as I am concerned all the Orders Mentors are pretty useless in a real fight, I seem to end up being their ‘mentor’ and saving their lives. Usually we both lose because they are so bad in a tough fight. Bring back the Bots that we could select in the Guild Wars original so that a player could have at least the chance of finishing their storyline.

in Personal Story

Milennin.4825

My second character is Virgil and there I agree with you all. However, my first character was in the durman priory and you get stuck with the overexcited -‘look here i can fly an your not’ – Magister Sieran. I was really happy when she killed herself.

Lol, that part made me laugh. Actually most of Sieran’s dialogue makes me smile. It’s funny, and her voice actress is really good (best in this game IMO).

As far as I am concerned all the Orders Mentors are pretty useless in a real fight, I seem to end up being their ‘mentor’ and saving their lives. Usually we both lose because they are so bad in a tough fight. Bring back the Bots that we could select in the Guild Wars original so that a player could have at least the chance of finishing their storyline.

That goes for every NPC in the game, so whatever. Looks like you’d be better at home playing Guild Wars 1…

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Some times, yes, the ai sucks
But the order mentors are actually some of the best npcs to have. Tybalt can tank some damage, even if he is an engineer
And having officially done all three versions of Claw Island, I can with certainty say that Forgal’s was the best death. Tybalt I could see as sad, with his whole not being courageous problem, but it didn’t have the defiance that Forgal had. And Sieran kinda just was like ’I’m gonna die now, huh? Well, that sucks’

in Personal Story

Milennin.4825

Some times, yes, the ai sucks
But the order mentors are actually some of the best npcs to have. Tybalt can tank some damage, even if he is an engineer

I let Sieran fight a mob on her own, and she did pretty well. Barely got hurt at all. It took her a while though.xD But I guess that’s to do with her being a water Elementalist, and more focused on defence/survival.

in Personal Story

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Each mentor is amazing in their own way. These portions of the personal story have some of the best moments, regardless of Order chosen.

I felt this way about most of the Charr involved in your early personal storyline, as well. They’re pretty neat additions, and it’s unfortunate that they are not more involved.