The Ringermaster - help

The Ringermaster - help

in Personal Story

Posted by: BlackJubilation.2159

BlackJubilation.2159

Hi, I’m just wondering if I could get some tips on how to do this quest. I’m a lvl 18 Engineer and it’s really impossible for me to do on my own. I can manage to take out one add then the others just catch up to me and kill me.

And I’m not sure if it’s helpful, but I use a Flamethrower / Rifle build.

The Ringermaster - help

in Personal Story

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I haven’t done this one, nor have I played Engineer yet, but if you want I can team up with you if you play on EU servers.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

The Ringermaster - help

in Personal Story

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

@OP, dont know if u still need help.
But for anyone else who may need help in the future.
(for summary, skip to the bottom part)

First, my utter failure of a first attempt;
I tried this PS quest with an approx lvl25 Mesmer the first time.
After talking to the female friend i stayed in the crowd, thinking i and Thackery (and some Seraph) could handle it. The plan was for me to attack the Ringmaster (first).
BAD tactic. Couldnt kill the Ringmaster fast enough. Ended up with evry NPC help dead and all the crowd turned hostile. And neither the Ringmaster and his 3 helpers were dead. Worst scenario in the end, max amount of foes and i was alone.
So shocked i was i gave this PS quest up for awhile.

Succesfull second attempt;
Tried it again yesterday for Daily achievement. My Mesmer is now lvl41.
New tactic. As soon as i talked to the female friend in the crowd i ran behind the mechanical orchestra to avoid aggroing anyone. Thackery and the female friend actually followed me there. I didnt pay attention though if they later were usefull or died or not.
First thing i did when the Ringmaster and his 3 helpers turned hostile was go to the left side and lure only the female helper and defeated her. Near her is a male helper. Lured him also alone and defeatet him.
Then via the back of the mechanical orchestra i ran to the other side.
Tried to lure only the (last) helper with the hammer. That eventually worked and managed to defeat him aswell.
Then the Ringmaster and the hostile crowd noticed me.
AoE dmg works good on the hostile crowd. I got rid of the hostile crowd first.
And then the Ringmaster last, wich i managed to defeat aswell.

So, conclusion;
As soon as u can go to the back of the mechanical orchestra and try to lure and defeat the Ringmasters helpers one by one.
Since the hostile crowd will swarm u, AoE dmg for them.
If surviving is still a problem, try this PS quest when u are higher level.

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

The Ringermaster - help

in Personal Story

Posted by: LowestTruth.2635

LowestTruth.2635

I did this quest last night as a necromancer. I was.. taken aback at the vehemence with which the baddies expressed their dislike.

I ran around the carousel about a million times. Just around and around and around.

As an engy, I would switch to pistol/pistol and grenades. Glue gun when you need to heal + breather, run around the carousel like an idiot and drop grenades. That’ll do you.

Aaaaaaand didn’t realize the OP posted a week ago. Bad necro, bad.

Tarnished Coast