The Steel Tide : Tank and Progression

in Personal Story

Posted by: ReaPxKinG.4893

ReaPxKinG.4893

What am I supposed to do here exactly? I’m trying to use the tank, it just keeps on kicking me out each time I try to angle it, so I just used the mortar. The giant and risen just keep on respawning, it won’t end. So far… its not even progressing at all… what the hell should I be doing, its been like 40ish minutes and they just keep on spawning and its just full of BS.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Disconnected.9253

Disconnected.9253

same issue. can’t aim at all, keeps jittering and moving my character around (knocking me out of it)

in Personal Story

Posted by: enos.1580

enos.1580

Yeah. Just got to this myself and it’s doing the exact same thing. Boots me out of the tank and the camera starts flipping out, bonking off invisible stuff in the sky.

I really dig this game, but I wish the devs would stop adding bugs in. Isn’t it supposed to be the opposite?

Edit:

I managed to get past it, it was stupidly difficult but possible. Hop in the buggy tank and fire off a few shots, it seems as soon as you manage to land a hit on any of the enemies things get triggered.

At one point the tank un-bugged enough that I managed to kill a couple of the giants, then it went back to being impossible to use. Luckily I’m playing an engineer so I just dashed up and chucked tons of grenades at the giants. The giants seem to be the only targets that count, so if you get extra crap on you just run back and hope the useless NPCs can help you kill them.

Once you take down a few of the giants you’re golden.

—Arakny, 80 Engineer
—Tarnished Coast

(edited by enos.1580)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Delicious.5238

Delicious.5238

I had the same Prob. My soloution: U need to kill 2 Giants on each side. Since the aiming is buggy kill the 2 on the left first then aim for the right spawn. Wait till they respawn. If u want to aim, dont hold down the button. it will lock the skill and “kick” you off the tank. only tap the button shortly. this way it wont lock and even if u get kicked off it wont turn completely. Hope it helps.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

Hah! I just did this mission and went here to see if there was any topic about it… Ugh, so awful, I was so excited to get on a charr tank (I actually thought I was going to be inside it at first, but it’s ok) and was so disappointed with the stupid glitches.
I understand how programming works, being a programmer myself, and how difficult and stupid random things can happen that we did not think of, even more when internet’s involved like an online game, but that was really demotivating and I just had to rp for myself that it all occurred so differently.

I also had other problem, now SPOILER —-——— SPOILER———— spoiler about the end of the mission.
Tactician Beirne was supposed to be dead, but his cutscene was so full of bugs and bad moving (maybe because of my gear + some internet bug) that he didn’t die on the cutscene, he kept fighting afterwards, which I think it’s supposed to, but I took the champion down and he was still alive, it was pretty immersion breaking to see Crusader Deborah being all sad and the dude just standing there with me.

But eh, it happens, I understand, I just wish that when more personal stories come to life they won’t have this kind of bugs after release.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

in Personal Story

Posted by: Hyperg.8695

Hyperg.8695

Hello ppl,

Gonna add myself to the list of victims for the tank bug with a side note: while in the progress of leveling an alt, went to do the Shatterer event and got into one of those turrets at the back. During the fight, I had to drop my plan because the turret behaved exactly like the tank in the story, kicking me out whenever its aim direction changed. I was a bit puzzled by the thing as it never happened to me before (in that context). The only thing that has changed since my last Shatterer encounter is the -test VerticalFov statement at the end of the executable and because this bug manifests as a camera glitch thought it might help.

Also note that I’ve never tried the story mission before adding the fov modifier.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Kulverin.1032

Kulverin.1032

Yeah that one was a pain in the azz. I alternated between trying to aim the tank gun with not too much success and mortaring as fast as I could for a very long time and was about to give up when the quest finally succeeded. Don’t really know how though.

in Personal Story

Hyperg.8695

K, gonna make an amendment to my post and say that it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the verticalFov thing, took that out and retried the quest. Got the same behaviour, however if you employ the method pointed by Delicious (tap to aim instead of hold) combined with always shooting before aiming (if you get booted off the tank, shoot first when you re-enter, then aim) it seems to be less buggy. I was able to complete the tank phase in that manner just with 2 kicks.
Really unlucky spot in the questline to have a bug, given that seeing those war machines back at launch in Black Citadel made me think that “I’m gonna drive one of these later on, or I’ll uninstall”. And I suspect there’s more of us

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

I’ve sent the bug to programming to look at, so it is being investigated, but I don’t have an ETA for a fix.

in Personal Story

Hyperg.8695

Nice, thank you.
I think I’ll push a support ticket to provide some footage of the bug as it’s wide-spread right now, at least for me. Pretty much every one of those turrets (including the Fort Trinity ones for example) will kick me out upon entering, along with abusing the camera direction.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

same thing here….