The most disappointing aspect of the game.

in Personal Story

Posted by: samius.7560

samius.7560

Right here. Personal story. You’re forced to be the hero that everyone loves. You know everything, you’re the hot shot, you’re the star of the freaking basketball team.

And I hate that.

What if I’m a necromancer? I fiddle with dead things and yet I’m the charming hero of old. Come on now.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Supervillain.8617

Supervillain.8617

What if I’m a necromancer? I fiddle with dead things and yet I’m the charming hero of old. Come on now.

It didn’t stop Trahearne…nor did his bland, unconvincing reactions to everything, incompetence in battle, or utter lack of shame for taking credit for absolutely everything the player-character did.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Imperialist.6927

Imperialist.6927

I think the biggest problem with the aforementioned “Trahearne taking credit” issue, is that people BUY it. Trahearne did almost nothing “heroic”, and when he did, you are doing most, if not all of the work. We are led to believe hes some great scholar turned general, but then his solution to half the problems seem to be “Oh, theres Risen. Close the gates, leave everyone to die!”

in Personal Story

Posted by: samius.7560

samius.7560

Another post talked about how the branching story bit is non-existent.

He’s right. You get a bunch of choices that affect the next quest, but the buck pretty much stops there. You’re still this hero that everyone loves. Nobody is giving you the business because of a poor decision they thought you made. Nobody hates you. Nobody wants revenge. You can’t possibly fail.

Is it possible that SWTOR did better in this area?

Five bucks says you could run around naked punching children and you’re STILL the hero. Well, not really since Trahearne is the hero because he’s a thieving piece of sh…

PS: Did anyone ever felt like there was ever a struggle going on?

(edited by samius.7560)

in Personal Story

Posted by: pyronix.4081

pyronix.4081

Quote button not working:

Supervillain.8617: It didn’t stop Trahearne…nor did his bland, unconvincing reactions to everything, incompetence in battle, or utter lack of shame for taking credit for absolutely everything the player-character did.

This. Exactly. I actually thought the personal storyline had the potential to become really great but unfortunately, it got Trahearned.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dane.9480

Dane.9480

I just want to finish my personal story but can’t
(this link will prolly get me baned)
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/The-hatchery-bugged/page/6