This won't end well.. (spoilers)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aiden.6209

Aiden.6209

So..

I see this Trahearne guy isn’t very popular throughout the forums.

But what I really hate is that he’s meant to be seen as a leader and he has a generic comment which always says “This won’t end well”, I thought he was meant to be seen as a leader, but him always saying “This won’t end well” against a couple of spiders isn’t showing great leadership.

I think it would make a lot more sense if our own character was the leader not his petty marshal, it’s a hard job, obviously, but we make all the decisions anyway, making us basically the leader anyway.

I understand he is respected throughout the order’s but seriously, why does this boring, uninspiring, vegetable (i’m a sylvari too don’t take it to heart :P) who always says “this won’t end well” and has pitiful fighting talent (his only slight power is from summoning creatures and Caladbolg which is barely noticeable while fighting), can barely help throughout the story, was chosen purely because of his notoriety between orders have to be the leader of the pact, instead of everyone actually taking some time to choose a decent leader with some slight credentials. (maybe our own character??)

Oh you Trahearne.. Oh you.

(sorry for the small rant over a small matter, which did lead onto further rants which have probably been mentioned before but i felt it was needed).

[JDGE]

Aztro [Engineer] Extro [Warrior] Xilent [Thief] Tyrax Deathrain [Ranger] Krogax [Guardian]

(edited by Aiden.6209)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Well, having a NPC lead the Pact instead of the player character solves the problem of naming the slayer of Zaithan in future expansions. They can say “Trahearne’s Pact has slain Zaithan.” instead of something lame like “A mysterious adventurer slew Zaithan.”

Personally I don’t really care that my character isn’t the leader of the pact. (It would be nice but I can live without it.) The issue is that Trahearne shouldn’t be leader either. Don’t get me wrong, he’s not a bad NPC at all and he would be a perfect advisor, planner or tactician, just not a leader because he reaaaaaaaaly doesn’t have the personality. I understand that Zaithan is the Sylvaris’ Elder Dragon and that it made sense to make the leader a sylvari, but there ought to be sylvari NPC better fit to be a leader, like Caithe.

in Personal Story

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

i think with “this wont end well” he means, that its predetermined for one side to end up with death…and since he only says it when u face some enemies, its not really encouraging, its just a fact that you wont ask the enemie to let u pass nicely

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

Well, having a NPC lead the Pact instead of the player character solves the problem of naming the slayer of Zaithan in future expansions. They can say “Trahearne’s Pact has slain Zaithan.” instead of something lame like “A mysterious adventurer slew Zaithan.”

I disagree completely. Regardless of whatever role the player fills, Anet will still run into the problem of trying to figure out what the NPCs are going to call the player. Thus the player’s involvment or lack of involvement is completely irrelevent to the problem of what Anet is going to have the NPCs call the player now or in the future.

Plus, it isn’t “Trahearne’s Pact” it is just “the Pact.” And of course there would be the complete nonbelieveability of putting Trahearne and slaying together unless you said “<blank> has slain Trahearne.”

And when Trahearne says, “This won’t end well” he really means that it won’t end well for your side. He says this because he has such a lack of confidence that he is Anet’s version of Eeyore.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I actually like Trahearne, as a character. I don’t like that he basically takes over the story, but that’s not necessarily “his” fault, but rather how ANet chose to handle the narrative focus and the structure of the personal story.

I like that he lacks confidence, I like that he doesn’t exactly leap at the chance to be the leader of the Pact, and I like that he overthinks everything. I will take him over some bloodthirsty, overconfident, throw-wave-after-wave-of-my-men-at-the-problem army jock any day.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

I like that he lacks confidence, I like that he doesn’t exactly leap at the chance to be the leader of the Pact, and I like that he overthinks everything. I will take him over some bloodthirsty, overconfident, throw-wave-after-wave-of-my-men-at-the-problem army jock any day.

At least Zap Brannigan is enteraining. Trahearne has no positive qualities and there is no adequate reason why Trahearne was chosen when he was so clearly unsuited for the job.

The extremely shallow, unbelieveable and BS reason we were given just doesn’t cut it with me.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Kalas.6743

Kalas.6743

While it was Trahearne who led the pact and the pact was involved in the invasion of orr, it was Edge of Destiny that fought Zaithan and “slew” him. So later the story will go that it was Edge of Destiny with the help of an adventure who took down the dragon.

I used the marks in indicate that I don’t think the he is dead yet.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I used the marks in indicate that I don’t think the he is dead yet.

The dungeon tokens from arah explorable indicate otherwise :-P

“Shards of Zhaitan: A small piece of Zhaitan, forever dead.. "

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…