Total levels from Personal Story?

in Personal Story

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

Q:

Recently I have taken to using the Personal Story to gain my last 10 or so levels to 80. However, if you don’t do Personal Story at all, what level do you have to be to finish leveling to 80 exclusively through personal story?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Turmikel.8354

Turmikel.8354

I’m not 100% sure whether storyline rewards are affected by dynamic levelling. I’m assuming mission completion gives 27% of the XP a character needs to go from (mission level) to (mission level + 1) regardless of what the character’s current level is.

Given that, the entire personal storyline gives about 1,197,300 XP. You hit 80 at 4,860,359 XP, so to hit 80 using only personal story mission completion rewards, you’d start at 3,663,059 XP, which is 73% of the way through level 74.

(Looked at from the other side, if you were somehow able to get those 1,197,300 XP by doing nothing but completing story missions with a new character, you’d level him about halfway though level 54.)

Of course, in reality you’d be killing a lot of enemies during those missions and the XP from those kills would definitely be affected by dynamic levelling, so for early missions the kills would be helping you more than the actual mission reward. I’m not going to figure that out, though. I imagine it would be hard to avoid getting some XP from exploration as well.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Eddie Royale.9605

Eddie Royale.9605

Well, if I’m remembering correctly, on my Charr Engie, I was level 56 from mostly just running around doing hearts, events, and all that, with the addition of doing a few PS missions(up to the level 8 PS story “Test Your Metal”) and I mostly breezed through the rest of the Personal Story picking up POIs and Waypoints on the way as well.

I did get a little stuck after the level 70 PS mission “The Battle For Fort Trinity” because I was only level 69 and I had to do both hearts and the missions to keep even with the mission levels.