Victory Or Death.......why?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jaybee.5264

Jaybee.5264

Let me get this straight. The final quest in my “Personal Story” is a quest that requires me to enter a dungeon that only opens after a specific event succeeds, at which point I then must find 3-4 other people to help me complete it?

Alright, here’s the thing. My typical playtime is usually after I get off work which is 7 am. For about 2 hours, sometimes 2 1/2 hours, I can actually sit here without any issues and play the game. After that I can usually keep my character online and just go afk and do whatever I need to do and then come back for 10-15 minutes and do a few things and afk again.

I sat in Orr at the only uncontested waypoint that was available during that time and waited for this event to start. I waited for about an hour. Doing whatever things I could find to pass the time to make myself not wanna cut myself from the boredom that is just staring at my screen waiting for an event to start. But to my amazement it never started. I thought maybe it needed to be triggered but I’ve looked everywhere and there seems to be no trigger.

So what I’m left to assume here is that for the next however many days, I’m going to have to login and plant myself in the area near Arah so I can be alerted when this particular event starts. Then I’m left to hope that enough people get involved so that the event can succeed. At which point I then must try to get into a group of people before this event begins again and try to complete this dungeon that I’ve been told could take upwards of an hour, sometimes 2, if it’s a bad group. All of which must be done at the oh so busy hours of about 7 am where I’m pretty sure the only things playing this game are me and thousands of bots. All for my “Personal Story”.

Bravo.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Keta.9601

Keta.9601

I no longer bother with the personal story quests. They have no effect on your end game. Yours is just another example as to why it really doesn’t matter

in Personal Story

Posted by: Vicarious.3047

Vicarious.3047

i dont know what youre talking about OP…..

i got the last quest, the arah dungeon one, and was waiting for a friend of mine to catch up but go tired of waiting and decided id continue. i warped to the closest wp i had to arah and simply ran up to the gate past the mobs, saw someone saying “LFM ARAH STORY!” i whispered him “ill go, first time,” we entered the dungeon, and i killed a dragon in about 30 mins…..

whats your issue? and i dont think the event beforehand is even necessary for the story, simply to get into the dungeon like most other 70+ dungeons.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

i dont know what youre talking about OP…..

i got the last quest, the arah dungeon one, and was waiting for a friend of mine to catch up but go tired of waiting and decided id continue. i warped to the closest wp i had to arah and simply ran up to the gate past the mobs, saw someone saying “LFM ARAH STORY!” i whispered him “ill go, first time,” we entered the dungeon, and i killed a dragon in about 30 mins…..

whats your issue? and i dont think the event beforehand is even necessary for the story, simply to get into the dungeon like most other 70+ dungeons.

Basically you got lucky.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Arah is usually open on my server. If not, it’s under way of being opened.

My suggestion would be to get a group first. One of them will likely know where the event starts. Once you have a group, go there. do the event if required.

Do NOT just hope for the event and recruit then. That won’t work.

in Personal Story

Posted by: spderman.5976

spderman.5976

the last 4 times i was on the map, and there were groups actually doing events. i was informed that the door to arah was glitched/ the event just wouldnt start. i agree with the op the conditions for even starting a “personal” story quest are a bit much , when every single mission b4 it i was able to solo with limited hassle. im in devonas rest, one of the smallest servers, most of our 80’s are in wvw or doing something more interesting than clearing never ending zombies. id prefer it if they moved the trigger for the instance to that one safe base near the first event for arah gates rather than making access so situational it stops being “personal”

in Personal Story

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

I was at Cursed Shore the whole day today (Sunday), and the dungeon never opened up once even by the end of the day when i fully explored the area

BTW, i do care about MY story (its my main focus) and i feel cheated because the game suddenly pulled a “multiplayer only” on a personal story.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lox.1089

Lox.1089

I’m with the OP. The personal story content should be PERSONAL. What the [choice word that is not kitten] is this with grouping being required at the final step? I went all the way to the end of this thing, and I get a troll face at the end. Nice.