Victory or Death hard to complete

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jasper Wijker.3279

Jasper Wijker.3279

Since yesterday I’ve focussed on my personal story to finally complete it and the solo missions went smooth and fast. Although now I’m stuck at Victory or Death, the last stage where I need to venture into The Ruined city of Arah to complete my story.

The dungeon shouldn’t be a problem at all, but there are hardly any people to join you into this story mode dungeon. Since the story mode itself rewards almost nothing and people focus on the explorable mode I find myself stuck. Even with the help of a LFG website I’ve been spending 5 hours now whispering everyone if they want to join. It’s quite frustration. I do get that at the start/launch of GW2 this should not be problem but as the game moves on and more and more people reach 80 and have already cleared the story mode, the new players will get stuck on finding a group unless some friends want to tag along.

Could there be a solution to this problem? Maybe turning it into a solo-instance like the other parts of the personal story? Or make the explorable mode sufficient to completing the story?

In another note. If you’re looking for someone too to complete the last part, hit me up. Charactername: Rev Bloodslug.

Kind regards.

in Personal Story

Posted by: allart.3746

allart.3746

I have the same problem, I can’t finish the game!

in Personal Story

Posted by: shawnicus.6382

shawnicus.6382

Just to add to this: this problem akittens core ended up causing me to stop playing. I started at launch, but am a casual gamer that probably won’t get more than 30 minutes of game time at any point in a day. Even still, when my first alt made it to Orr, the gate to Arah was bugged and the quest to open it would not start. It was fixed while I was engaged in another alt, but by the time I got that alt to the end, most players had “finished” and were back to grinding. Its been that way ever since. I have one of every class sitting at the gate, never finding a party. I don’t have the time to troll the chat areas to build a group, and even if I did, no one will. Anyone in Orr or willing to go to Orr is only interest in grinding. To be frank, that was true within the first two months. Are events, etc., work well and are fun everywhere but Orr. Once there, the community (at least on the server I’m on) stopped caring, and it was all about the grind.

Its disappointing in that Guild Wars one got that dance figured out so well, especially in Nightfall. In some ways, its not A-Net’s fault that the community stops acting as one in Orr, but still. You made a game that supported any party size until the end, when you force something that the community itself just dropped the support of. And you did the same in some of the “living story” points. I stood for an hour at the gate to the last dungeon of Flame and Frost on the second day, but everyone that wanted to do the dungeon did so the day before, so no one was there.

in Personal Story

Posted by: shawnicus.6382

shawnicus.6382

I have no idea what “akittens core” means! wow, did I type that?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

I am the same, guildies have all done it. Not interested in doing it again. In fact all story modes should be solo…trying to get some people to do them with is pretty tough going.

(edited by Conan.8046)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Stjerne Eiriksson.8571

Stjerne Eiriksson.8571

Maybe joining a guild or two will provide you with the help you need. The GW2 community isn’t as bad as other MMO communities. Sometimes going to LA and asking for help…helps. But situations like this is, up to a certain point, used to make people interact with other people in the world.

You could always “stand down” and not represent the guild if you want to continue “soloing” in every aspect of the word.

But solutions for this problem could be the addition of new NPC Henchmen like those in GW1 which allowed you to “solo” missions without the help of any other player, but given the mechanics of the game…I doubt it’d be ever implemented. Or make it more soloable but that would pretty much defeat the whole purpose of having a “Story Mode Dungeon”. You’re not Indiana Jones.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ake.3014

Ake.3014

It’s not about being Indiana Jones or not, it’s about decent game design. It might’ve worked fine at launch, but this problem is only going to get worse with time. The philosophy of forcing players in an MMO to band together is fine on its own, but the problem is that it’s inconsistent with the entire rest of the story. It’s consistent with dungeons themselves, and hey, that’s fine, because people who like that play dungeons, people who don’t, don’t. GW2 as far as I can tell is largely about being able to avoid content you don’t enjoy; you don’t even have to do the personal story. But some people enjoy the open world part, and the story part of the game. And if they don’t want to be forced into a guild or in a pick up group when the entire rest of the game they play doesn’t force them, then they shouldn’t be. If you’re trying to give scope to the battle, use all of the NPCs you’ve been aiding to do that. You don’t need other players to give that scope to the final battle. Any social benefit gained at launch by this is lost at this point, and is a serious inconvenience now.

in Personal Story

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I feel your pain. I find it incredibly frustrating to play sometimes because I really just wanted to solo the entire game, but it is impossible. Even in some PvE areas you cannot do things alone. There is one skill point I’m thinking of in particular where it’s protected by a champion asura. Not nice.

I have found a guild (more accurately, they found me) that is super helpful to everyone, and since I’ve joined it I have found the game much more playable, fun and satisfying. They will help anyone level up, complete a PS mission, finish a map, do jumping puzzles, do dungeons… you name it and they help. In turn, this has made me more aware of others needing help and so I now help other people rather than just ignore them.

I think that joining a guild is the way to go, and like another poster said, you don’t have to stay in it forever, but maybe you’ll like it enough to want to!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Being in a guild doesn’t automatically mean they will want to waste time doing something they have done before so you can enjoy the plot.

in Personal Story

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I’m sure there are guilds full of people who are unhelpful, but on the flipside, there are guilds full of people who ARE helpful. I sure don’t mind repeating things in the game, because I just like to play. It’s all fun.

Aside from that, I agree that one should not NEED assistance to comlplete anything in the game. I should be able to level up and do my story and get good loot all on my own, if that’s the way I choose to play.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

I think a decent solution to this would be to introduce NPC henchmen who can join you in story path dungeons.

Everyone who played GW1 will know what I am talking about.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I think a decent solution to this would be to introduce NPC henchmen who can join you in story path dungeons.

I should point out that I recall the popular opinion of most fellow GW1 vets is that heroes “ruined” the game by giving the community increasingly less reason to interact.

Not that I am agreeing or disagreeing, just felt it needed to be pointed out.

in Personal Story

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

ArenaNet is working on an LFG tool, but until then. Try:
http://gw2lfg.com/

in Personal Story

Posted by: sariaru.2378

sariaru.2378

How about we use this thread as a de facto “LFG Story Arah” thread? I’m stuck there, also, and I can’t even get guildies to run it with me! (Admittedly, I am in an RP guild, so it’s not because they’re mean.)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

I should point out that I recall the popular opinion of most fellow GW1 vets is that heroes “ruined” the game by giving the community increasingly less reason to interact.

That’s why I am suggesting that they should only be available for the story path. So people can complete the personal story and Arah story without waiting forever for a group, but if they want the goodies from the explorables, then they’re gonna have to team up with other players.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Brizna.5612

Brizna.5612

I understand where the OP and other are coming from, and how they are right the problem about finnishing the PS will only get worst with time, but to be honest I just did Arah story mode today for an alt, just had to lurk for a while the gw2lfg.com website a day with a story mode dungeon in the daily … btw the most seamless Arah run I’ve done, ty party members whoever you were ;P

in Personal Story

Posted by: Keta.9601

Keta.9601

I have given up trying to complete the personal story. I play at odd hours due to my location and job and frankly i haven’t seen a soul looking for a group there in a very long time. I just wish there was an option to remove it from my game screen.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I see people in Lion’s Arch from time to time, asking for players to join them for that final mission, and sometimes I join them, just for fun (and for the epic music at the end).

On Aurora Glade, people seem eager to help out with that mission.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Amanda Whitemoon.6173

Amanda Whitemoon.6173

personally i think the story mode dungeons should be like the personal story misions, not only Arah has this problem, all storymode dungeons have it.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lippuringo.1742

Lippuringo.1742

I was just searching way to complete last mission )i don’t know that last mission is end game dungeon) and there was meta-event in Arah. I was lucky enoght to compelte it in zerg and find single LFG on site. We completed it, and now i think that most annoying part not finding a group for dungeon, but Zhaitan fight. kitten , this fight just most easy thing i ever see in game. You literally could complete it solo, and i really not understand wtf i need party and long raid in dungeon for this nonsense.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Orifter.1349

Orifter.1349

well im looking for a group to finish this quest myself so message me ill be available to do it today if anyone else is looking

in Personal Story

Posted by: GiftedOne.4207

GiftedOne.4207

I’m lfg to complete my story quest

in Personal Story

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Try GW2LFG. I got a group in less than an hour, a competent group at that.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Personal Story

Posted by: Arte.1768

Arte.1768

Personal story. Meaning personal. Meaning MY story. Why do I then have to group with FOUR other people to complete MY story?

This aspect of the game has massively disappointed me since I came across it the other week. I don’t even want to bother with the personal stories of my other characters now, knowing I’m unlikely to be able to complete it without help, frustrating PUGs, or joining a different guild. As I’m not into dungeons (in fact I absolutely hate them and am sad they were even introduced into GW at all), I can’t see me ever fully completing a game that I otherwise adore

Please, give us loners, dungeon dislikers, and PUG haters a chance. Give as a afew henchies for the story mode dungeon?

in Personal Story

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

just putting this out there, if I am online and anyone asks for help with Arah Story Mode, 7 out of 10 times I will jump right in (the other 3 times I am just in for trading or checking something)

but yeah, it should be soloable

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

in Personal Story

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

If you’re a GW1 vet, you should be aware that Henchman and Heroes are not the same.

in Personal Story

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Did it 3 times for 3 characters, gw2lfg.com and some patience is all you need :/

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rhaegar.1203

Rhaegar.1203

Personal story. Meaning personal. Meaning MY story. Why do I then have to group with FOUR other people to complete MY story?

Not to mention that sometimes you have to settle for someone else to “lead” the group, which ends up being YOUR story…. with someone else in the cinematics. Terrific.

in Personal Story

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

Not to mention that sometimes you have to settle for someone else to “lead” the group, which ends up being YOUR story…. with someone else in the cinematics. Terrific.

This is the dumbest thing story wise in the game. And with them adding monthly temp. crap in the game no one is even interested in bothering with this anymore. I have tried so many times to get a group for this and no one is interested.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

This aspect of the game has massively disappointed me since I came across it the other week. I don’t even want to bother with the personal stories of my other characters now, knowing I’m unlikely to be able to complete it without help, frustrating PUGs, or joining a different guild. As I’m not into dungeons (in fact I absolutely hate them and am sad they were even introduced into GW at all), I can’t see me ever fully completing a game that I otherwise adore

Please, give us loners, dungeon dislikers, and PUG haters a chance. Give as a afew henchies for the story mode dungeon?

You’d be better suited to a single-player RPG, then. Plenty of them are around and waiting for one so passionate as yourself. MMOs clearly aren’t for you if you hate contact and cooperation with other players.

…Secondly, how can you ‘adore’ a game if all it has done is ‘massively disappoint’ you? This relationship is getting strange very, very quickly.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rhaegar.1203

Rhaegar.1203

You’d be better suited to a single-player RPG, then. Plenty of them are around and waiting for one so passionate as yourself. MMOs clearly aren’t for you if you hate contact and cooperation with other players.

…Secondly, how can you ‘adore’ a game if all it has done is ‘massively disappoint’ you? This relationship is getting strange very, very quickly.

It’s the way the game was marketed. I personally do NOT have any problem in grouping with people, I think it is fun. But when the devs make it so Dungeons are OPTIONAL to the story, and PS instances which can be soloed are the way to advance the plot, and in the end throw away those rules, it’s a problem.

I have a guild with very nice people. But most of them are not encourgaed by in game rewards to do Arah Story mode (Cause the dungeon is no even fun). Same goes for some paths in Dungeons. I’ve had CoF P2 sitting for way too long, but everytime I try, people are like “No, P1 is faster”.