when you kill something on the PS, don't roll the cutscene immediately after

in Personal Story

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

this kills any sense of achievement, or any sense of pacing. before you even realized the final enemy is dead, the dialogue cutscene is already painting its way into the frame. give it some time. like a second or two.

that’s for missions that already exist. for new missions you’ll eventually design, make it so the dialogue cutscene only triggers when the player talks with the NPC or interacts with whatever he has to interact with.

just don’t roll that painterly thing in front of me before i can even see the enemy fall dead.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

Actually this is an interesting point.

A different (but also related issue) is that I killed a boss monster in one mission and in the split second before the cutscene I could see that he dropped loot. Unfortunately they despawned his body after the cutscene, so I couldn’t loot him

I know it’s a minor thing, but it’s really irritating. He could have potentially had a super special rare item or something…

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

in Personal Story

Posted by: GMac.7032

GMac.7032

Yep – this has happened to me a few times as well. Having cleared out Trash mobs, then focused on the main battle, the cut scene rolls before I get a chance to loot anything – and then everything is cleared out.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I agree… After having a tough battle and finally winning… I at least want to be able to cheer a moment, grab my loot and then go on.
It doesn’t really make sense either that sometimes the person you’re talking with in the cutscene is actually dead since 10 seconds of the start of the battle and you never got to ressing him… npc’s just magically get up…. “What have you been doing!? Sleeping?”

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”