10+ man dungeons, classes, skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orc Slayer.2780

Orc Slayer.2780

Ten plus man dungeons would be awesome, a higher level of coordination is what a lot of players want. Five is just too easy. Also, change loot drops on bosses so if a person dies they can still get loot, as long as they tagged the boss. This is still an issue.

New classes and skills. seriously you made eight classes, good job! BUT you severely limited the skills (AKA you are making me bored faster, so I don’t want to play, so you don’t make money off of gems/ future expansions/ me giving you bad press persuading others to not waste their time on a game designed with a key flaw). seriously, a few new weapon skills added will not hurt you. I know you love nerfing builds and I don’t want you to miss out on such a grand opportunity to do so.

New classes and skills is a must. I only play heavy melee and I’m getting extremely bored with it. I can go warrior or guardian, COOL! but oh look, basically the same weapon skills on each one, just a little different and i’m not allowed to customize them.
EDIT:
IF ANET DOES NOT RESPOND TO ITS PLAYER BASE, OR IN OTHERWORDS WHAT IS TO COME: COol so i’m bored and you’re thinking your plan worked… great now the game is dying and you’re wondering what happened…. I( YES ME, MYSELF AND I, NOT YOU OR OTHERS) may just go back to WoW

(edited by Orc Slayer.2780)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Ten plus man dungeons would be awesome, a higher level of coordination is what a lot of players want. Five is just too easy. Also, change loot drops on bosses so if a person dies they can still get loot, as long as they tagged the boss. This is still an issue.

New classes and skills. seriously you made eight classes, good job! BUT you severely limited the skills (AKA you are making me bored faster, so I don’t want to play, so you don’t make money off of gems/ future expansions/ me giving you bad press persuading others to not waste their time on a game designed with a key flaw). seriously, a few new weapon skills added will not hurt you. I know you love nerfing builds and I don’t want you to miss out on such a grand opportunity to do so.

New classes and skills is a must. I only play heavy melee and I’m getting extremely bored with it. I can go warrior or guardian, COOL! but oh look, basically the same weapon skills on each one, just a little different and i’m not allowed to customize them. COol so i’m bored and you’re thinking your plan worked… great now the game is dying and you’re wondering what happened…. I may just go back to WoW

There is the door, don’t let it hit you where the good lord split you.

Secondly can you show me the congruent player base (CPB ) of GW2 as of march please in comparison to the numbers at launch. I can tell you that GW2 was at 400k CPB at launch and WoW MoP was 830k at launch. Now CPB is different from copies sold and subscription, CPB is a tally of the average amount of players that log on at peak hours since copies sold is not accurate neither is subscriptions.

As of March 2013 Blizzard reported the CPB at 720k and from what I have heard GW2 is at 800k.

So please explain to me how GW2 is dying? Or is it just dying for you?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

The fact you limit yourself to Heavy melee is not ANETS fault . Perhaps you should try a melee Ranger you may find you like it. Remember just because a class wears heavy armor in GW 2 doesn’t mean you will tank any better than a Ranger or a Thief. Are skills limited, yes quite a bit and im sure more will be added in the future but you may as well utilize what you’ve got for now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

First I’d just like to say you’d have done better to just present your suggestions and not tie in the “WoW is doing better, GW2 is gonna die if you don’t do this” propaganda. That being said, this has all been suggested before…

More weapon skills or the ability to choose between a pool of weapon skills etc. I’d definitely still like to see that happen.

10 man dungeons/hard mode dungeons whatever you want to call it, yea that’d definitely be cool too. The rewards don’t have to be any different (at least they wouldn’t need to be for me) but just being able to play with 10 people from my guild in a dungeon that’s a little more difficult, that’d be cool… As it stands I have to choose which people in my guild I want to run with and I can’t help but feel there’s hurt feelings at times because I can’t run with everyone all the time. So yea.. actually, make there be no party limit on dungeons and have it scale by the number of players that go in… That’s been suggested before too (not sure if on the forums, but I’ve heard it talked about in my guild vent).

Slow down and smell the pixels.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Obligatory can I have your gold post.

A.net is catering to the huge majority that makes up the casual market. This majority wants a fun open world with huge world events. Ten man instances with gear gating, trinity and other nonsense is not on their to-do list. Feel free to go back to the stand-still, rote rotation, gearcheck, healer/tank covering your mistakes gameplay in WoW.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

callidus.7085

Obligatory can I have your gold post.

A.net is catering to the huge majority that makes up the casual market. This majority wants a fun open world with huge world events. Ten man instances with gear gating, trinity and other nonsense is not on their to-do list. Feel free to go back to the stand-still, rote rotation, gearcheck, healer/tank covering your mistakes gameplay in WoW.

Ten man instances don’t need to have gear gating or a trinity… not sure about the “other nonsense” you don’t specify. You really don’t need to make this hostile.

Making the current dungeons allow for more people while scaling difficulty and not increasing rewards, just keeping them as they are to allow more people to play together, is not a bad thing.

There really should be more encouragement going on here in the suggestion forums or if you don’t support it (why would you NOT support allowing dungeons to cater to large groups of people? My guild and I would have SO much fun with this) just say you don’t support it :-/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

The biggest problem with this is that to pull it off you would have to be ported to a larger instance that acted as a staging ground for the larger parties to form since the rest of the game is balanced for 5 man dungeons. I really dont see how such a thing could work unless you were to just make 1 big city of gates that led to 10 man instances seeing how instances work right now .

I do admit however such a thing would be a great way to reintroduce such things as UW, FoW, Urgoz and The Deep . I just dont know how it could be implemented

in Suggestions

callidus.7085

The biggest problem with this is that to pull it off you would have to be ported to a larger instance that acted as a staging ground for the larger parties to form since the rest of the game is balanced for 5 man dungeons. I really dont see how such a thing could work unless you were to just make 1 big city of gates that led to 10 man instances seeing how instances work right now .

I do admit however such a thing would be a great way to reintroduce such things as UW, FoW, Urgoz and The Deep . I just dont know how it could be implemented

That’s the beauty of not working for ANet, you don’t need to know ;-) You just suggest, sit back and enjoy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alex.9567

Alex.9567

5 man dungeons are perfect, any more than that just ruins the tight close-knit co-op Anets designed, there were 8 and 12 man dungeons in gw1 and the devs have plenty of experience with 8 man dungeons..thats the reason they dropped it to 5 man

in Suggestions

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

I dont think 10+ man dungeons would work that well. I think that 10+ man events work a lot better, especially event chains. And that’s a great idea: commander missions. A commander invites people to the squad and start a huge event; that would be a great addition to PvE, because I feel that commanders are more useful on WvW right now

Talking about new skills, I think you have a point. The 8 classes we have are great – maybe we could have a few more in the future – but I’d love to customize my 1-5 attacks (and I’m playing as a thief). That may be hard to do because many kits are really good, and you can change kits for some situations (melee and ranged for instance)

in Suggestions

Orc Slayer.2780

First I’d just like to say you’d have done better to just present your suggestions and not tie in the “WoW is doing better, GW2 is gonna die if you don’t do this” propaganda. That being said, this has all been suggested before…

More weapon skills or the ability to choose between a pool of weapon skills etc. I’d definitely still like to see that happen.

10 man dungeons/hard mode dungeons whatever you want to call it, yea that’d definitely be cool too. The rewards don’t have to be any different (at least they wouldn’t need to be for me) but just being able to play with 10 people from my guild in a dungeon that’s a little more difficult, that’d be cool… As it stands I have to choose which people in my guild I want to run with and I can’t help but feel there’s hurt feelings at times because I can’t run with everyone all the time. So yea.. actually, make there be no party limit on dungeons and have it scale by the number of players that go in… That’s been suggested before too (not sure if on the forums, but I’ve heard it talked about in my guild vent).

I will be going back to WoW if Anet doesn’t fix this. Nothing to do with you or the next guy.

in Suggestions

Orc Slayer.2780

I dont think 10+ man dungeons would work that well. I think that 10+ man events work a lot better, especially event chains. And that’s a great idea: commander missions. A commander invites people to the squad and start a huge event; that would be a great addition to PvE, because I feel that commanders are more useful on WvW right now

Talking about new skills, I think you have a point. The 8 classes we have are great – maybe we could have a few more in the future – but I’d love to customize my 1-5 attacks (and I’m playing as a thief). That may be hard to do because many kits are really good, and you can change kits for some situations (melee and ranged for instance)

Why do you think that 10 man dungeons would not work well? Thank you for constructive criticism.

in Suggestions

Orc Slayer.2780

The fact you limit yourself to Heavy melee is not ANETS fault . Perhaps you should try a melee Ranger you may find you like it. Remember just because a class wears heavy armor in GW 2 doesn’t mean you will tank any better than a Ranger or a Thief. Are skills limited, yes quite a bit and im sure more will be added in the future but you may as well utilize what you’ve got for now.

My play choice has nothing to do with Anet .Not being able to customize my skills/ char the way I want is their fault, which is what my above post says. They can change this so I can customize it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Irena.1062

Irena.1062

Bump that up to 18 player dungeon I believe would be great, you’d need an alliance of players to complete it, and in case a few dc mid-dungeon you could still keep going.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Large groups =/= higher levels of co-ordination automatically. If that was the case, World Bosses would require massive amounts of co-ordination.

That being said, I’d rather them improve the world before adding more instances.

Sarcasm and digs like that aren’t more likely to make it so you get taken seriously.

More weapon skills to choose from? Sure. Tie 2 or 3 skills to each slot, but still only allow 5 at a time.

New classes and skills is a must. I only play heavy melee and I’m getting extremely bored with it. I can go warrior or guardian, COOL! but oh look, basically the same weapon skills on each one, just a little different and i’m not allowed to customize them. COol so i’m bored and you’re thinking your plan worked… great now the game is dying and you’re wondering what happened…. I may just go back to WoW

Proof that the game is dying? And if you link XFire, or tell a ‘well, I never see anyone’ story, I’ll laugh.

Basically the same weapon skills? Really?

And the fact that you only play that is your choice.

Oh, and when you do go back to WoW, you might want to take note that:

• They’ve only got 3 Heavy Armoured Melee.
  • Regardless of how you play them, you got the same skills. Got an Axe? Sword? Hammer? 1H Sword? Oh. You got all the same skills. Half of which you’ll never use half of the time. That you can’t customize.
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

My play choice has nothing to do with Anet .Not being able to customize my skills/ char the way I want is their fault, which is what my above post says. They can change this so I can customize it.

Tell me how much you could “customize” your toon in WoW.

I played WoW for 6 years, so don’t even begin to tell me how flexible the talent trees were in it. There was always one optimal, cookie-cutter build everybody used and always one optimal skill rotation/priority.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mujen.2089

Mujen.2089

The problem with GW2 is character depth. There is barely any & don’t tell me map completion symbol by ur name is depth. Once you hit 80 and get a few exotics that’s about it. It’s perfect for altoholics though, since you can bring every alt upto par with your main character.. so if you’re into alts or like other professions, there ya go, otherwise it’s a short trip.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tekietee.5037

Tekietee.5037

The design of GW2 is to have no classic trinity, and to never be stuck looking for groups.

With that being said, with some of the dungeons today, its hard enough to find 5 people, specially 5 capable people.
What the hell do you think would happen with 10 people dungeons?

Honestly. I’d love to see 2 man mini dungeons or something. That’d be great.
More times than not when I start a dungeon group I only can find 2 or 3 people off my friendslist or guild that want to go, and have to pug the rest.

I’ve had ideas for more weapon skills though… Anet doesnt want too much grind in their game. And most ideas involve grind heh for more skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

5 is just the right size, though, I have 3 roommates and so if they all decide to get on (only I am truly active) then we have 4 people and getting a fifth is no big deal.

Adding a 10 man group with huge coordination will just be another mess like with AC EXP P2 on revamp release. It works if everyone can VOIP and coordinate/improvise, but most pugs are incapable of that, especially without the VOIP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

Oh guys, please, forget the GW2 dying stuff. Fortunately it is not, he is wrong. Period. Let’s focus on his suggestion, it has some good points.

I would love to see 5+ instances as well (not just events). For example, Guild Wars 1 had a mission on Kaineng City called Vizunah Square where two groups of players would start at different points and meet at a certain location and continue together from there. If this game had a Looking for Group system, or a way for 10 people from my guild to be on the same instance at the same time, they could use Vizunah Square idea here more extensively.

If I might hijack this thread a little bit, I would also love to see more complex mechanics on the bosses. The Fractals are almost there, but like Orc Slayer said, they still don’t require too much coordination to execute. I love how this game values player skills, how you use your character, but a little more complex mechanics would be awesome.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Oh guys, please, forget the GW2 dying stuff. Fortunately it is not, he is wrong. Period. Let’s focus on his suggestion, it has some good points.

I would love to see 5+ instances as well (not just events). For example, Guild Wars 1 had a mission on Kaineng City called Vizunah Square where two groups of players would start at different points and meet at a certain location and continue together from there. If this game had a Looking for Group system, or a way for 10 people from my guild to be on the same instance at the same time, they could use Vizunah Square idea here more extensively.

If I might hijack this thread a little bit, I would also love to see more complex mechanics on the bosses. The Fractals are almost there, but like Orc Slayer said, they still don’t require too much coordination to execute. I love how this game values player skills, how you use your character, but a little more complex mechanics would be awesome.

Now you see this is how one would present a suggestion with out flaming or comparing it to another game.

I can get on board with that suggestion, I miss running the 12 man UW, KC and others. Although you have to realize one thing which at this point is the only thing holding back larger group content like in GW.

GW had the trinity system, GW2 doesn’t. Not saying that larger group content can not be done, although they are going to have to really test it to make it flow with any decent Cohesion. Who knows maybe they are working on that now.

in Suggestions

Rash.6514

Thank you, Kaimick.

The trinity system you are talking about is Tank, Healer, DPS? Well, FORTUNATELY GW2 breaks from that model. For the love of God, please don’t come back to that. I can’t express how happy I am not to see the word “taunt” anywhere on this game.

But with some creativity, they don’t need it. Like keeping two bosses apart from each other (Ascalon City) is nice, just make the bosses react more “correctly” to those who are attacking them, and you create a mechanic that requires group separation. I also like how you have to kite the armored boss on the Dredge fractal. But simply moving him from one place to the other is still too simple.

Randomly choose players with a certain buff/debuff that would cause them to leave the comfort zone of button smashing to do something else. Make players change targets based on a certain event. And so on. None of that requires the trinity. As I said, Fractals are getting there. The “mini-games” that don’t necessarily involves killing are awesome too. Just evolve from there.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Your welcome Rash, and I am also glad that the trinity is not present, but right now larger man group will take some work to fit it into the mold of what GW2 is.

Also and yes I am talking about the Tank, Healer, DPS setup. Which was present in GW, which had warrior tank, Monk Tank (55 monks LOL ), and dervish tanks.

Although I agree with what your saying and eventually seeing larger group set ups will be nice, I also believe that they are probably working to this just have to get it right.

in Suggestions

Rash.6514

Yes, let’s hope so.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I agree on the larger dungeons, just to give guilds some super hard instanced boss to test their ability to work together outside of wvw. But more classes? Maybe 1 or 2 but throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks isn’t a solution. Every profession has unique mechanics they focus on whether it be virtues, stealth, pets, or just plain brute. Problem is, so many skills are unbalanced atm and spvp notices it a lot so before releasing new professions, they would definitly work on the current ones. Applying the same philosophy they are doing with the current zones, making the currently availible ones more exciting and rewarding. With skills, like you said you play warrior and mention the guardian skills are alike. Try creating something new that makes sense and doesn’t break any profession’s boundaries like giving thieves a burn all the sudden, it isn’t easy work. Only place that seems to need options imo is the basic attack since some of them don’t really fit people’s playstyle and some are quite annoying. Like thief sb bouncing around and breaking your stealth or ranger sword leaping to your grave or guardian hammer just plain kitten and predicatable.

The fact that you’re bored is meaningless, you’re 1 of many who play this game and cannot speak for the entire community. You could estimate but don’t make it sound like your opinion is greater than everyone elses. Look for some goal in the game and work at it. I havn’t touched the work on a legendary and I’m still finding new things to do aside from running world bosses and doing dailies. Get a guild, join pvp or wvw, or find a new game. May not be perfect but there are things to do even if it wasn’t incorporated in the best of ways (pointing at you, legendaries and ascended!).

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in Suggestions

Orc Slayer.2780

The fact that you’re bored is meaningless, you’re 1 of many who play this game and cannot speak for the entire community. You could estimate but don’t make it sound like your opinion is greater than everyone elses. Look for some goal in the game and work at it. I havn’t touched the work on a legendary and I’m still finding new things to do aside from running world bosses and doing dailies. Get a guild, join pvp or wvw, or find a new game. May not be perfect but there are things to do even if it wasn’t incorporated in the best of ways (pointing at you, legendaries and ascended!).

Due to people posting off topic and not understanding, please read what I editted and * hopefully * that will clear some things up for you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Martin The Brave.8731

Martin The Brave.8731

I think a 10-Man would be a good way for Arenanet to introduce larger scaled content. Similar to that of Urgoz and The Deep (Horse has been beaten to death). The argument’s against this suggestion are simply unfounded; No one know’s exactly how this will pan out just because it’s 10 and not 5 doesn’t mean it will be a mess. Also doesn’t mean that it will be difficult to find a group for and if it did so what? Cadecus Manor take’s a heck of a long time to find people for does that mean the dungeon shouldn’t be in the game?

At the end of the day 10-man group’s will be a good way for Arenanet to emphasize that not only do they want to make the game fun for casual gamer’s but to the people who like challenging content with a large group of friend’s or strangers.(Got to make friend’s somehow) It doesn’t mean the content is classic “Raiding”, It doesn’t mean that the content will have a gear grind.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

oh no no 10+ man content. at least nothing instanced. I am fine with the stuff in world that is built in mind with 20-30 people at least showing up like the dragons.

But larger raids have always been the bane of my MMO existance for the simple fact i have a life and a job. I would get to run raids in past games if i was luck once a month( and thats before marriage when i could game every day) they take far too long to get everyone there and set up. sorry but most people don’t have time for a 4-6 hour event that raids genreally devolve into with an hour of just getting all together and determining who is going and then actually slogging thru the content for the next hour or so(more if there is any wipes). It just flies in the face of how the devs have stated they want the game to be something you can pick up for 20-30 min and put down again. and yes it unlikely you would go for a dungeon in that time but it is possible to run and clear a dungeon in under 30 minutes.

do not cut off content from players simpley becuase they dont have the endless free time or commitment to be in a large enough guild that can man 10,20 or 40 man raid dungeons

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

oh no no 10+ man content. at least nothing instanced. I am fine with the stuff in world that is built in mind with 20-30 people at least showing up like the dragons.

But larger raids have always been the bane of my MMO existance for the simple fact i have a life and a job. I would get to run raids in past games if i was luck once a month( and thats before marriage when i could game every day) they take far too long to get everyone there and set up. sorry but most people don’t have time for a 4-6 hour event that raids genreally devolve into with an hour of just getting all together and determining who is going and then actually slogging thru the content for the next hour or so(more if there is any wipes). It just flies in the face of how the devs have stated they want the game to be something you can pick up for 20-30 min and put down again. and yes it unlikely you would go for a dungeon in that time but it is possible to run and clear a dungeon in under 30 minutes.

do not cut off content from players simpley becuase they dont have the endless free time or commitment to be in a large enough guild that can man 10,20 or 40 man raid dungeons

You would still get the gear. In GW2, gear is from merchants, not boss drops so in otherwords, it is not mandatory to do a 10+ raid, just more tokens, money and fun for people that do (and more time invested)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

I think a 10-Man would be a good way for Arenanet to introduce larger scaled content. Similar to that of Urgoz and The Deep (Horse has been beaten to death). The argument’s against this suggestion are simply unfounded; No one know’s exactly how this will pan out just because it’s 10 and not 5 doesn’t mean it will be a mess. Also doesn’t mean that it will be difficult to find a group for and if it did so what? Cadecus Manor take’s a heck of a long time to find people for does that mean the dungeon shouldn’t be in the game?

At the end of the day 10-man group’s will be a good way for Arenanet to emphasize that not only do they want to make the game fun for casual gamer’s but to the people who like challenging content with a large group of friend’s or strangers.(Got to make friend’s somehow) It doesn’t mean the content is classic “Raiding”, It doesn’t mean that the content will have a gear grind.

very well said imo

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

“I quit” threads are not allowed on the forums as they are not conducive to creating a friendly community nor do they have room for constructive discussion. As such, this thread has been closed.