100% World Completion=kick a puppy

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kogar.4391

Kogar.4391

Gating 100% World Completion on fully exploring the WvWvW areas is insane, specifically gating them on areas that are near-impossible to secure even with a decent WvWvW world. Everywhere else, you can complete explorations solo, but the completion of the Borderlands exploration is ENTIRELY dependent on the superiority of your world. You should remove any PVP zones from 100% World Exploration. I’m not saying this because I want the achievement to be EZMode, but there’s a HUGE difference between exploring the world on your own and being gated on the willingness and skills of your entire world to get the World Completion achievement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zalifer.6140

Zalifer.6140

Create a build with the singular goal of escaping and surviving any encounters. Find out where the enemy zerg is and be nowhere near that.

People rarely “defend” areas, there will be a few wandering people, and big zergs. The zergs should be opposing your zerg, so just don’t go near your zerg (except if you need things they are currently in front of), and then use your build to run from as much as possible.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raehvyn.4530

Raehvyn.4530

I actually just had made a thread about this on the wvw forums and had it removed and I got infracted for it “frivolous” thread. I agree entirely and have had people agree in map chat. I am 99% done with the map but at this rate I won’t be able to complete it because SBI is not able to push that far in EB.

Neither is Jade Quarry. Neither is Sea of Sorrow. That is 3 entire servers that every single person on cannot achieve map completion at this time and the 4-5 days already of the same scenario. Not to mention thats only how long I saw the problem going, could have been weeks now.

[NoPe] Jello Gangsta Cosby.Cute Lil Pookiebear
“Check your inbox. Infractions for everyone!” – Oprah

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silyth.7150

Silyth.7150

This is a QQ thread. I worked hard for my Map Completion, and so should everyone else that wants it. Getting wvw done isnt going to be done in a few days, it will take time and patience. When the server resets go out with your guild and capture the points you need.

Seriously, there are tons of people who have Map completion, to even say its too hard, is insane.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I can see what those arguing for this point are thinking but I honestly don’t see it as a problem.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

My main complaint about the wvw exploration is that the three borderland zones are pretty much identical apart from the skill challenges (combat, commune and consume cycle spots). Felt very redundant hitting the same spots over and over.

Brightside, you only need to do it once!

(per character that you want world completion on) :P

I did it all of it in 2 days. Simple trick: Join the winning side.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Disruptive.2509

Disruptive.2509

If your server’s getting their butts kicked, do like my guildie did and xfer to the dominating server so you can whip completion out easily.

Luckily for me our server was #1 in the U.S back when I was getting mine. (Jade Quarry)

Recruiting all levels for PvX on Jade Quarry!
http://axegang.enjin.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

You should remove any PVP zones from 100% World Exploration. I’m not saying this because I want the achievement to be EZMode, but there’s a HUGE difference between exploring the world on your own and being gated on the willingness and skills of your entire world to get the World Completion achievement.

you got it wrong.

World vs World Borderlands and Eternal Battlegrounds are PvE zones with players from other servers. Well, ArenaNet likes to call it “Open World PvP” but to me it is just PvE with hostile players.

Heart of the Mist, now that is sPvP.

anyway, this is working as intended, there is no need to fix anything or remove the WvW maps from 100% map completion.

it would be totally unfair for the original players who completed the 100% world completion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

The ‘totally unfair’ part made my day a little bit

I do not need my world completion, therefore I do not care that I could not get the 5 remaining POI for about a week now, it is a bit sad that I can not do anything about it though.

But I agree with the OP, there is no reason for the WvWvW maps to be included in world completion, because they do not belong to the original world.

World completion should be achieved when you hit the Arah POI and WP as your last objects to clear.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

I took special care to gather this when i saw my server owning, something not usual , well it does not even happen anymore.

One of my 80s got 100% and the other 2 80s got 100% WvW , they still need most of the open world map.

My point here is , i dont need this , but i think a minor modification would be welcome.

The fact is the 3 BL are , pretty much , equal (i did 3 times to 100% so yes , i noticed there actually minor changes , like for an example the skill points)

Still i think players should not be forced to explore the BL 3 times , that was … boring. the map is pretty much the same.

Doing EB and 1 BL should be enough in my opinion.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kogar.4391

Kogar.4391

Look, if the only way to get 100% completion is to “change to a winning world,” that’s a
good sign that you have a VERY broken design. World exploration should NOT be a PVP achievement. That’s just crappy game design. Why not make World exploration include dungeons then? As for the whole “QQ” thing, well, congratulations for getting 100% already, that’s a combination of determination, skill, and being darned lucky in PVP zones. It would be different if the POIs and vistas were all outside fortresses that are almost permanently held by a world, but that’s not how it was designed, was it? This is really simple: The 100% World Completion requirements are badly-designed.

Just because you got the achievement doesn’t remove the fact that it’s bad design.

Just because you’re saying I’m QQ’ing doesn’t remove the fact that it’s bad design.

It’s. Bad. Design.