1st Person Gw2

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zomoor.8572

Zomoor.8572

There any reason why there isin’t 1st person in gw2? It doesn’t bother me at all that there isin’t i just think it would be a cool feature makes you feel like your in the game i guess not to sound like a nerd lol

Attachments:

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

You need a lot of spatial awareness in an MMO, which means playing in 3rd person is much better.

GW1 allowed you to put the camera on first person (but you didn’t see your weapons), and while sometimes I used it for screenshots and having clear looks at some important things, for combat it was much better to use 3rd person view.

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

There any reason why there isin’t 1st person in gw2?

Because devs cba.

I know what your thinking with a 1st person option, like TES games. Being able to see things as your character sees them makes for a more immersive experience. They make this beautiful world and yet don’t let us fully appreciate it.

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avatar.1923

with all the spin-to-win moves and special fx galore and clipping and camera, you barely see anything as it is. can you imagine the camera spinning on itself with the huge weapon drawn out and all the flashes?
total fail it would be
gw2 is simply not designed with a 1st person view in mind.

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

I think any technical hurdles to it could be overcome and the reason it’s not in is simply because GW2 has a strong focus on character appearance. It would be cynical to add that the gem store has a strong focus on character appearance too…

I really miss the option for those times when I just want to chill-out in game a bit.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

You need a lot of spatial awareness in an MMO, which means playing in 3rd person is much better.

1st person is really needed in GW2 though. Especially while trying to do jumping puzzles on really tall characters like the max height charr and norn. My camera always glitches into the ceiling or the wall and I can’t see absolutely anything.

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Amazingly, in a game that’s 10+ years old (FFXI) I can press one key and switch from third-person to first-person view .. and in spite of what someone said earlier, combat in first-person is often far better than third-person.

Wonder why modern MMOs don’t make it as easy to switch instantly from one view to the other?

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

camera is bad.
nuff said.
some fights or content are difficult to enjoy because of this.
unfortunately, because when it works well its amazing.
too much camera clipping and bad zooms.
dunno if its a camera problem or stage designs.

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I don’t think there’s any good reason not to have it. They probably would have put it in prior to release if they had time, since it can only make players happier. No one would be forced into 1st person, but it would be there for those of us that would like to slip into it now and then for screenshots, to avoid clipping on tight jumping puzzles, or just for the fun of seeing Tyria through our character’s eyes. Maybe they’ll put it in eventually — after the mile long list of bugs and broken content is addressed.

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Amazingly, in a game that’s 10+ years old (FFXI) I can press one key and switch from third-person to first-person view .. and in spite of what someone said earlier, combat in first-person is often far better than third-person.

Wonder why modern MMOs don’t make it as easy to switch instantly from one view to the other?

eventually.
mmos have a long way to go. they are big game requiring different technical stuff to make sure eveyrything is player proof.

but it ll get better! anet is gaining tremendous amount of experience right now.
i am quite sure, if they ever saddle up to do a new mmo in a few years, it ll be a masterpiece.

otherwise, studios that specialize in mmos are becomin more and more common, the industry is still in its infancy (maybe teenage years actually).

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

i would love to see first person so i can whatc outer players beter i do this on each mmo stragne why we dont have it here

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

First person is nice for exploration (non-combat) and in this game jumping puzzles.

Also first person gives a sense of faster movement and usually is less taxing and gives the players a FPS boost.

I think it should be something you can zoom into, like many others of the genre.

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

1st person and general improvements to camera are a top priority imo. 1st person would cure the camera checking out in jumping puzzles and other tight spots. It’s not the cure for camera problems but should be added asap. Someone noted you should play in 3rd person. Of course, that’s not the issue; 1st person should be available for when it’s needed or desired.

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

First person view would work for certain situations and certain classes. But, I would not want to be in first person playing a warrior in combat. 100 blades and Whirlwind would definitely produce nausea.

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

First person view would work for certain situations and certain classes. But, I would not want to be in first person playing a warrior in combat. 100 blades and Whirlwind would definitely produce nausea.

definitely.
already having a hard time seeing whats happening or able to see the enemy character model enough to enjoy it.
in 1st person the screen will ne one big flash i suppose. and probably the animation arent that tight either so its gonna look weird.
not mentioning the clipping and collision, pretty sure the sword will go right thru the monster graphic making it look cheesy.
probably gw2 is better with a lot of flash covering it all up

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kerbox.6895

Kerbox.6895

This is a good suggestion, I would also support adding 1st person view to this game.

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I would like to have 1st person view just for screenshots.

I’ve had to empty my screenshot folder 9 times since the launch So many pics to take and it would cool if my character wasn’t in the middle of all them.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Medron Pryde.6850

Medron Pryde.6850

I agree. I would like a first person view. GW1 did it well.

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kenril.7089

Kenril.7089

I want first person view back ! I loved using it in Guild Wars 1, and I really don’t understand why this feature was removed, it was even available during part of the beta tests !

Count Kenril, Ascalonian Warrior
Legio Umbra [LU]
Piken Square

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

First person view should come with fixed cursor in the middle of the screen and an option to hide/unhide the weapons because of some animations can cause health problems to some players.

Also, the UI should change a bit for 1st person in a way to tell the player from which side it is attacked and by how many foes.

This 1st person will give GW2 a FPS feel due to the minor changes in gameplay like not being able to click / select the skills or the foes and only use the buttons and crosshair to aim.

Having 2 games in one will do much better for the public.
A MMO RPG and a MMO FPS in one.

1st Person Gw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skillica.2731

Skillica.2731

Support!
Would be so freaking cool to be able to play both in first person, and in third person!
Like in Skyrim!