1v1 Skirmishes

1v1 Skirmishes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mellowz.3728

Mellowz.3728

Concept
1v1 Arena Style map with a few pillars.

3 Rounds

Winner of rounds gives extra glory/rank.
- A small rewards would be nice even for the winner of each rounds. This is to give players a reward for playing the game, but not big enough of a reward to make players so focused on these skirmishes. This idea is primary just for fun and to practice builds or vs certain classes. (Other suggestions would be nice)

3 Minute timer each round
- So people do not face each other forever. (Other suggestions would be nice).
- If timer is hit, both players get a draw.
- A draw counts as lose for both players. (Other suggestions would be nice).

Down state
- Immediately lose the round

Players do not know the name of the person they would be facing. (Just like WvW)

Random match making.
- By this I mean no specific servers to play on, it would be strictly random kind of the way the free tournaments are at the moment. This is to discourage people exploiting the system and just losing really fast to give some rewards to players.

Why?
Even though Guild Wars 2 is about teamwork and strategy both the pve and pvp, the 1v1 in this game is really intense and can help a player change builds according to classes etc… It also can help a players skill increase individually, since there are times in SPVP that 1 v 1 situation can definitely change the tide between who is winning or losing.

Some Classes are OP or are they…?
A lot of people complain about this and yes it is true some builds have really high damage or seem braindead. Other classes have too much support or are “tanky”, but in the end 1v1 is a lot of fun, intense and the match outcome can ultimately be determined by the skill of the player. This does not mean this game is entirely balanced, it just means sometimes a change of play style to certain builds can change the outcome of the match entirely.

I for one came across the glass cannon warriors who charged and killed me in one hundred blades attack. I then approached the same warrior differently and noticed his animation before his charge dodged it, kited repeatedly blinded his aoe, interrupted the heal and eventually won. Instead of just jumping to the OP bandwagon, I changed my play style for those certain builds. Throughout the game I became aware of whenever that warrior would charge and who he would hit, so I would immediately dodge his charge or blind/interrupt his hundred blades if I see him on a ally.

I know a lot of people have experienced being demolished by a high damage pistol whip/quickness thief, only to face again ready for him and kill him because you knew what to look for. Or how many people go around looking for that one rematch who bested you before just to see what changes you can do against his style/build.

I would really like to hear people’s thought about this, and if there is already a thread about this please let me know. (I did try to look for one)

I also know for sure, that I am not the only one going on low pop sPvP servers and getting duels going on or looking for them.

Also add dueling! at least in the heart of the mists zones!

TL/DR: 1v1 Skirmishes add them!

1v1 Skirmishes

in Suggestions

Posted by: sprint.3674

sprint.3674

I am sprint, and i approve of this message.

1v1 Skirmishes

in Suggestions

Posted by: adrenaline.6352

adrenaline.6352

Totally agree, it would be nice to see some arena style deathmatches (1v1, 2v2, 3v3) and why not something different than conquest, like capture the flag, which is really fun !
They should also implement the rankings asap to give people something to fight for, other than glory and pvp level, which gets demotivating after a while …
It’s a great game so far, but it has potential to be a lot more, especially if they stated they want it to be an esport ….

1v1 Skirmishes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awesomelol.9201

Awesomelol.9201

totally agree dueling 1v1 2v2 3v3 deathmatches would be soo greaaattt!!

1v1 Skirmishes

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheGecko.7908

TheGecko.7908

Why is this not implemented yet? I love this idea. And if someone disagrees, they can just not do it