2 Absolute Musts -

2 Absolute Musts -

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucifer.1048

Lucifer.1048

To make Guild Wars 2 better.

There’s probably a lot of things I could put under here as an MMORPG is an ever improving (hopefully) train. However, I feel these 2 really should have been in the game since its conception and infuriate me to no end day after day.

Dye- Account Wide. It’s incredibly heartbreaking to have one dye on a character and not be able to use it on another. Especially when some dyes cost incredible amounts of money (Abyss just a quick example, once? But multiple characters? yikes over and over). I really don’t get why this isn’t a thing. Logic only dictates its trying to push us to buy more dye packs from the Gem shop. I imagine the same reasoning for not making bag slot unlocks account wide.

Skins – HoM/New Achieve award style. I feel I have a fairly simple and very fair solution to this. Simply permanently enter a skin into your characters HoM/some other interface and you can duplicate it across all your characters as much as you want. Of course you would only be aloud to utilize these on your characters and no selling/trading etc. It feels like absolute punishment only being able to have a skin on one character, especially considering the work you may have gone through. I feel it almost forces us to choose a Main and stick to it in regards to cosmetic customization. Which is a MAJOR component of Guild Wars 2 and a central theme throughout every content update.

Mostly I’m referring to event type skins but really if someone puts work into a Legendary they should be able to use it across all characters, but some type of account-bound of course. At the very least, their skins.

2 Absolute Musts -

in Suggestions

Posted by: dobbo.9564

dobbo.9564

I agree with both.

I sell 95% of the dyes I unlock because I think its pointless putting a color on a character that I will never use. If I want a certain color I tend to just look it up and buy it from the tp.

If they were account bound, I’d be much more inclined to collect them. After all, there are soooo many. You’re NEVER going to get them all on all your characters. So once you unlock them, why not share them?

And skins took me a moment to reaslie what you mean but I assume your talking about things like “Shattered Dragon Wings” and “Horns of the Dragon”?

In which case I totally agree with you. We worked hard for those rewards so we should be able to have unlimited access to them and keep them forever.

Ledgendarys though I’m not sure If I agree with. They aren’t really ledgendary without their stats and if it was a simple skin then you will see lvl 5 warriors running around with Twilight. The other issue is, if you have a legendary greatsword for example. Why would you ever use anything else?

That being said, I haven’t got one yet. They do take a LOT of hard work to get and I do believe that whoever puts the effort in to get one deserves some kind of clarity that they will always have it. I’m working on Incinerator for my ele. But I’m a d/d ele so eventually I want two. Would be nice if it were possible to have a second after having spent the time and effort into making one….

2 Absolute Musts -

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I dissagre with second…
actually You can pick skin with all the characters from the achievement summary panel….
and with hom You also can pick a skins with all character with only one thing that once picked is soulbound to character that picked it up…
but hey you can always pick that skin with another character so whats going on?

only skins that was “one-time” that was holographic dragon wings (and shattered version) and that gloves/backpieces from previous events…
(ah of course and that new “catcher” and zephirite helmets skins)

@dobbo If I remember well If You sell Incinerator You can from the gold earned that way make two of them

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

2 Absolute Musts -

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucifer.1048

Lucifer.1048

I dissagre with second…
actually You can pick skin with all the characters from the achievement summary panel….
and with hom You also can pick a skins with all character with only one thing that once picked is soulbound to character that picked it up…
but hey you can always pick that skin with another character so whats going on?

only skins that was “one-time” that was holographic dragon wings (and shattered version) and that gloves/backpieces from previous events…
(ah of course and that new “catcher” and zephirite helmets skins)

@dobbo If I remember well If You sell Incinerator You can from the gold earned that way make two of them

As dobbo mentioned, with skins I’m mostly referring to stuff like Wings. It’s really frustarting to have these only on one character, unless you use backpack method, which then you have no stats on your backpack.

I’m not real sure what you were saying in the first area.

When it comes to Legendaries it just frusrates me to think of getting Twilight for example, for my Charr Warrior. But then I have 3 other Greatsword classes I enjoy playing (I enjoy playing all 8 classes and will definitely level all of them to max over time.) And I’d have to work on a whole nother legendary for them? It really dampens drive to get that legendary. It basically discourages me from even playing multiple classes.

2 Absolute Musts -

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

It’s way too late to make dye account wide. I have 8 characters, and each have oodles of dyes both found and purchased, including multiple copies of Abyss and some more expensive ones.

It would have been my dream when the game was new. But if they changed now I would effectively be out hundreds of gold wasted on duplicates. How would you compensate me and the many other players in the same situation? If you returned all my duplicates to my storage so that I could put them up for sale,
a) I would not have enough space in storage, and
b) the prices of dye would fall way down, and I would never make back my money.

So NO to part one. It’s just too late now.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

2 Absolute Musts -

in Suggestions

Posted by: Euthymia.4807

Euthymia.4807

It’s way too late to make dye account wide. I have 8 characters, and each have oodles of dyes both found and purchased, including multiple copies of Abyss and some more expensive ones.

It would have been my dream when the game was new. But if they changed now I would effectively be out hundreds of gold wasted on duplicates. How would you compensate me and the many other players in the same situation? If you returned all my duplicates to my storage so that I could put them up for sale,
a) I would not have enough space in storage, and
b) the prices of dye would fall way down, and I would never make back my money.

So NO to part one. It’s just too late now.

As I’ve said before. They could make all but the rarest tier(s) of dyes account wide.

I would also love that dye I bought with real money was account bound.