2 Hand Weapons Shoud have 2 Usable Upgrade Slots

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pirhana.8935

Pirhana.8935

This would put them in line with items used in each hand.
example: a duel wielder can have 2 sigils being used, why shoudl a 2hand user be limited to 1?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

agreed, and if they do get a second slot… both should proc independently. Like having 2 of air and proccing their lightning strike on separated rolls

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

good idea, seems fair

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

why? have you got empirical proof that this is not factored into the weapon abilities already?

Just asking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

This sounds fair. However not every kind of sigil should stack. Passive effects should stack, as those are just additional stats. Active effects should not stack by any means, it’s really hard to make separate cooldown counters for them, no need to mess up with scripting. This would be even more problematic under quickness effect, not talking about exploiting by using speedhacks which are kinda popular lately

in Suggestions

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

AFAIK, sigils apply to the weapon using them. Stacked sigils only allow one stack to be in effect, you can’t have more than one. I’m not sure how the game handles on item switch effects, like AOE freeze and AOE bleed. That’s the only combination that can confer an advantage, I think, but the game may prioritize the main hand in this situation

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigils

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alviss.1256

Alviss.1256

Aion added something like this after I stopped playing it. My room mate is still addicted to that game so he showed me …

But basically you can do something similar to item transmutation, that allows you to imbue one 2h weapon with a second one and that 1 item would share those two stats, or something along those lines.

But like someone mentioned above, they may have already adjusted for this (i personally haven’t researched) but for example maybe 2h weapons can have up to 100+ to skills on it where as a 1h only has 50+ to skills, making the 2 weapons together equaling out to the one 2h weapon.

Though there is still the obvious upgrade slot to account for.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

Stacked sigils only allow one stack to be in effect, you can’t have more than one

And this is really bad and pointless. Why can’t we stack more crit chance or more condition duration? It’s not a chance to pop quickness or lifesteal, should be always stacking. It needs a rework and some bug fixes btw, because not all of sigils are working (even as single sigil)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raedwulf.3712

Raedwulf.3712

It’s a slightly grey area. 2H weapons have better headline damage and better base stats. Whether that’s enough to make up for a “missing” upgrade slot is another question. However, it’s also worth considering whether you prefer to use the 2H because the skills you get with it suit your play-style better.

My warrior, for example, is only 20; my Engineer is my main. I wouldn’t dream of using my rifle on my Eng; but my War’s first 3 weapons are all 2H – rifle, longbow, great sword. So do I really have an advantage switching to a pair of 1H? I get two upgrades… and a bunch of skills I’m much less happy with.

I’m not saying the OP is wrong; just that it’s not a clear-cut question. If it is unbalanced, a better solution would be a minor boost to stats / damage on the 2H, I feel. Otherwise you’ll just drive people towards a cookie-cutter 2H build.

Guild Leader, The White Company, Piken Square