2 Handed Hammers Equipped Head-down?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bitfrogman.9632

Bitfrogman.9632

It might just be me, but does any1 else think that it makes a little more sense for a 2-handed hammer to be equipped with the head downward instead of right behind the character’s head? I would think that it would make running and even un-equipping it from your back a little awkward. Maybe some1 could give me some insight on why anet and many other games choose to do it this way?

in Suggestions

Posted by: LED Head.2439

LED Head.2439

I believe it was because even tho it was more akward to draw carry, during the time to actually want to use the weapon it is actually proven to be faster to un holster and start swinging since you can instantly turn that un holstering movement into a forward or sidewards thrust.

If it was facing the mallet end down then you first need to raise your weapon before you could defend yourself or attack anything which would in fact be slower than simply moving your head out of the way when u reach over to grab it.

Don’t quote me on this but I think this is the similar reason as to why crossbows and other weapons of that nature during that time of human history carried them facing striking end upward.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bitfrogman.9632

Bitfrogman.9632

I guess that does make sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlienMagi.7102

AlienMagi.7102

It’s the only reason why I never used the hammer… it looks so dumb when on your back

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

They do this like how people put huge chain collars on pit bulls. it builds up your neck muscles. Why do you think norns have such huge upper bodies and look like the hulk?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

This is the most minor issue I’ve seen yet in the suggestions section. Of anything to make a fuss about.. how did this pop up over say..clipping issues.