#2)New Weapons

#2)New Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Lets talk about new weapons. Again, most of the new weapons you’ve been introducing have been through the gem shop. While you should still put that stuff in the gem shop, you should also be introducing weapons skins in the actual game. Don’t do a ton at once, do like 3-6 weapons and make sure you do atleast one weapon that can be used by each class. So like pistol, staff, greatsword, shield, axe, torch. You should do this about every month to 1 1/2 months.

How do you impliment it?

You could use a similar system to the New Armors suggestion I posted and tie it to the same token and vendor. Another way (one way I like the most) is by putting them with champions. Make sure these champions scale and can be fought by a minimum of 5 people and scale to zerg level populations. Now each weapon would drop to a specific champion. You could do like 2-3 weapons to one champion. No champion drops. Champion bags enforce “trains” way too hard. I really like the fact that in gw1 most weapons were tied to specific monsters. It made em feel like they were unique, like they had history. An example could be say you wanted to introduce a sword and a pistol. You put in a new event chain (remember when you said you wanted to add in events with the LS to make the world feel more alive and when you did no one did the events? Well now is your chance) in gendarren fields. Since it is a sword and a pistol, a pirate type boss would be most suiting to use it. So this new event would be a chain. 3 event chain and the final event spawns the boss. This event should have a low time based spawn. Say it could take one hour to spawn and there could be 2 locations in the map that can spawn it. You could do just one location, but I would recommend making it account bound. The way you spawn isn’t obvious though. So for the pirate one I could pick up a cannon ball, put it into a cannon, and then shoot it into their base and this would start the event. The event would of course be hard. However, the weapon is based around RNG. Your current rates for RNG are horrific. If I were to do this event 20 times at least, then I should get the weapon. I’ve opened hundreds of champion loot bags and never got one exotic champion item. This is bad.

#2)New Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

They already release new skins every month or two. See molten, sclerite, aetherized, dreamthistle etc. they make these RNG so you feel special and not everyone has one. You suggest a RNG solution to a RNG problem. You can acquire these skins through playing the content they are released in so they have a simpler version of what you are suggesting

#2)New Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Not really RNG as a solution, but a better version of it. The rates that they drop are insanely low. Players can only do the same content over and over again for days.

Also I was suggesting that they do named exotics tied to specific permanent characters in the game. Like Flame of Vidius. Focus item. The name indicates that it has a connection to the Vidius Flame Tribune in fireheart rise. It would only drop from there.