2H axes, crossbows, spears and more

in Suggestions

Posted by: Philip.8376

Philip.8376

Hey,

I’ve thougth about some additions to the game lately, and I’ve decided to post them here. Feel free to comment and add.

- I was pretty excited when I saw a warrior wearing a 2h axe on this very site: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/warrior/ . Two-handed axes are, in my opion, an absolute must to have in the games weapon arsenal. I therefore love to see them making an intro.

- Another suggestion is to add landspears. I always loved using spears in any game, so it is by far my favourite weapon. Might want to add an 1h and 2h version.

- Yet another suggestion is to add crossbows as an other ranged weapon. It is a reasonable addition.

- What I also like to see added is realistic cloth. I know capes were removed because it had clipping issues, but finally fixing it would not only add cloaks, but also realistic moving cloth on armor and buildings.

- More armor skins instead of re-using them on multiple sets. Actually having three different karma sets in the Orr area would be a great addition to the game. I peronsally love more sets in the style of the human cultural ones.

- Play more with lightning! I thought the Flame & Frost dungeon looked amazing when walking through the machine-made tunnel. I really would like the game to play more with lightning in dark areas; it makes everything way more atmospheric.

- Add the option to preview two weapons at the same time.

- Hearts (quests) should be repeatable if one chooses to.

- Add the Flame&Frost dungeon to the fractals.

Have more ideas? Post them below.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stube.1827

Stube.1827

Two-handed axes seems like a no brainer. As for “landspears,” wouldn’t those be lances (1h) and polearms (2h) but I think it would be interesting. Not sure about crossbows but would be interesting. As for capes/cloaks I do miss them but I think more back equipment in general would be nice. Overall you have some nice concepts that would be interesting. Plus don’t forget there will more than likely be an expansion pack sometime down the road that might add most of these things.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Two-handed axes and spears are totally no brainers. I would have loved to have a spear for my ranger. Rangers are natural pikemen, of course.

My only problem with Crossbows comes from the Wintersday shortbow skin. The slingshot. My problem is, if a slingshot is just a shortbow to ANet, then how is a crossbow different from a long/shortbow?

Capes may never happen, unfortunately. ANet had serious issues with their implementation and scrapped them in early beta. It’s possible they’re still trying to fix it, but honestly, if they haven’t figured it out by now it’s probably not coming.

100% support two weapon preview. They have main hand and off hand, why does preview not?

Repeating hearts doesn’t make sense. Hearts are filled by doing things that are doable in the area. You don’t get anything extra from doing the specific things. All you get is a one time bonus for having done enough of them, and which point you can continue to do them indefinately if you want. Hell, if you really wanted, and were willing to wait for it, you could level exclusively by killing worms in the first heart farm in Queensdale. There’s nothing stopping you, it would just be very boring and take forever.

Quests are a different matter entirely. Hearts aren’t quests. The only quests are personal story quests, and I think it should be possible to reenter personal story instances, just like you can with the living story.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

2h axe is a cool idea.
How about claws? Big claws?

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: squashedsquirrel.5408

squashedsquirrel.5408

When it comes to something like a crossbow, I think the animations required would make it hard to simply reskin a bow or rifle. Rifle would be closer, but it would still be enough difference to be it’s own item. Then again, when has any weapon cared about where the bullets come from? Just reskin a rifle and give us crossbows! The stats don’t even have to change for me to be happy.

I’d also love to see something in the way of thrusting swords, such as rapiers. Be even better if they had their own animations, but at the very least I’d like some skins!