$300 For My Time Savers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Dear ANet,

I understand you would like to bring in a lot more revenue than what you did with Guild Wars. Obviously these are different games. The lore and storytelling and challenges that I enjoyed so much from Guild Wars, seem like they do exist somewhere in this new installment called Guild Wars 2.

The difficulties I have, are a lot of distractions and conceptual changes that I don’t want to have to deal with. These are things such as power grind for gear, gold sinks in the form of travel, gather materials that have charges, changing builds, armor repair, having to buy gear with different stat combinations for various builds…

It’s all very exhausting, feels like work, takes away from the relaxing experience I used to have in the original Guild Wars and is just distracting from the experience I want. I just want to be able to spend my time playing the game for the combat diversity, challenges, and stories mostly. I don’t like having to be concerned about my character’s power or grinding gold to be able to experiment with different builds and stat combinations or wondering what it’s going to take to get enough gold for a set of max stat gear during dialogue sequences.

I don’t mind having something to grind for that shows people, “Hey, I put a lot of time or money into this, here’s my proof!” In Guild Wars that was cosmetics and titles, which I’m still 100% fine with.

I want to spend MY time the way I was able to spend it in Guild Wars. I just strongly dislike the above mentioned additions in the game. It’s my understand that you’re not leaning towards doing expansion, and I’d like to continue contributing towards you as a company so I am willing to pay $300 for the following to be added to my account on each character and any character I create going forward:

• Infinite use mining picks, logging axes, and gather sickles, because I don’t like having to waste inventory space keeping extras, and I run out of charges and forget to grab new ones.
  • A set of weapons, armor, and trinkets that scales with level and has top tier stats @ level 80, and that can be use with transmogrifier stones, so I can change my skins (which I would still be willing to grind for)
  • The means to set my weapons, armor, trinkets to any top tier stat combination that’s available in the game, because I just want to experiment with different max potential build combinations and find the ones I like, not spend a bunch of time trying to reach max potential.
  • The ability to reinvest my trait points at will while within a certain proximity of a waypoint while outside of combat, except for WvW and PvP, because I don’t like being restricted to only one build spec unless I go to a major city and I’d like to respec more frequently to see how different builds play in various situations, so the cost of retraiting hampers that.

I understand, some people would view this as a slap in the face. But that slap in the face already exists, because we all know there’s people who have way more money than $300 to spend on gems to get whatever they want (such as legendaries, which is not what I’m asking for at all) and still be able to have the experience we had in the original Guild Wars, where they don’t have to spend time on the things they (and I) don’t want to. I too frequently just stop playing, because I don’t want to deal with all of these little things nickle and diming my time. It takes me time to get gold, and all these little gold sinks feel like time stolen.

Basically I just want to feel like I did spending my time in Guild Wars, and Guild Wars 2 does not give me that feeling due to what I’ve explained above. So my offer is on the table, or if you have another more affordable solution for me, that still involves playing this game of course, I’d be willing to take a look.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Question, why do you play video games? Comment, anet isn’t going to let you skip the time gating of ascended armor/weapons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Sounds like someone doesn’t realize that they want to turn a working B2P game into a P2W game.

in Suggestions

Shockwave.1230

Question, why do you play video games? Comment, anet isn’t going to let you skip the time gating of ascended armor/weapons.

I play this game, because it’s the sequel to the game that I drew a lot of enjoyment from via it’s challenges, combat, lore, and stories. Guild Wars was, and Guild Wars 2 is the only game that I play with any regularity (Guild Wars 2 is my first MMO), but I do enjoy each new release of Halo too because I find the characters, story, and gameplay compelling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I play this game, because it’s the sequel to the game that I drew a lot of enjoyment from via it’s challenges, combat, lore, and stories. Guild Wars was, and Guild Wars 2 is the only game that I play with any regularity (Guild Wars 2 is my first MMO), but I do enjoy each new release of Halo too because I find the characters, story, and gameplay compelling.

So if you like gamePLAY why do you want to gamepay and sit in LA?

in Suggestions

Shockwave.1230

So if you like gamePLAY why do you want to gamepay and sit in LA?

Who said anything about Lion’s Arch? I explained what I like to do in game above. Challenges I like include jumping puzzles, dungeons, and fractals.

I like the lore (would like to see more of the meaningful storylines though and better story telling aspects).

I also like playing different combat styles and tweaking builds to perfection.

in Suggestions

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Lets go through your list:

Infinite use mining picks, logging axes, and gather sickles, because I don’t like having to waste inventory space keeping extras, and I run out of charges and forget to grab new ones.

They were available for a limited amount of time.

A set of weapons, armor, and trinkets that scales with level and has top tier stats @ level 80, and that can be use with transmogrifier stones, so I can change my skins (which I would still be willing to grind for)

Level 80 exotics is pretty much non-farm. Just work your way through the stuff you like and within very reasonable time you should have plenty gold to get it. Any gear needed to 80 will be readily available on the TP.
The ascended trinkets isn’t really that ’’grind’’, more just a progression as you need to do daily runs of fractals and do guild missions.

The means to set my weapons, armor, trinkets to any top tier stat combination that’s available in the game, because I just want to experiment with different max potential build combinations and find the ones I like, not spend a bunch of time trying to reach max potential.

Will be available with legendaries. Legendary ’’gear’’ will become available later on. I hope this included jewelry.

The ability to reinvest my trait points at will while within a certain proximity of a waypoint while outside of combat, except for WvW and PvP, because I don’t like being restricted to only one build spec unless I go to a major city and I’d like to respec more frequently to see how different builds play in various situations, so the cost of retraiting hampers that.

They didn’t want this. So unless they change their mind… I don’t think this will ever happen.

(edited by eekzie.5640)

in Suggestions

Shockwave.1230

Lets go through your list:

Infinite use mining picks, logging axes, and gather sickles, because I don’t like having to waste inventory space keeping extras, and I run out of charges and forget to grab new ones.

They were available for a limited amount of time.

A set of weapons, armor, and trinkets that scales with level and has top tier stats @ level 80, and that can be use with transmogrifier stones, so I can change my skins (which I would still be willing to grind for)

Level 80 exotics is pretty much non-farm. Just work your way through the stuff you like and within very reasonable time you should have plenty gold to get it. Any gear needed to 80 will be readily available on the TP.
The ascended trinkets isn’t really that ’’grind’’, more just a progression as you need to do daily runs of fractals and do guild missions.

The means to set my weapons, armor, trinkets to any top tier stat combination that’s available in the game, because I just want to experiment with different max potential build combinations and find the ones I like, not spend a bunch of time trying to reach max potential.

Will be available with legendaries. Legendary ’’gear’’ will become available later on. I hope this included jewelry.

The ability to reinvest my trait points at will while within a certain proximity of a waypoint while outside of combat, except for WvW and PvP, because I don’t like being restricted to only one build spec unless I go to a major city and I’d like to respec more frequently to see how different builds play in various situations, so the cost of retraiting hampers that.

They didn’t want this. So unless they change their mind… I don’t think this will ever happen.

3 x $10 x number of rolled character is a lot by itself.

Level 80 exotics are a farm. I don’t just get 1 set of gear that I can tweak for builds. I have to get different sets of gear for my builds. It takes up inventory space and multiplies the exotic armor costs.

Ascended trinkets are clearly a grind. You have to log in daily or grind to get them.

Legendaries are absurd to obtain.

I have never played an MMO before Guild Wars 2. I played the Online RPG Guild Wars. I’ve never liked MMOs because of the way grind works, you grind for power. I don’t want to spend my time grinding for power. I just want to do the few things that I’ve listed. My time is too important to me to waste it doing uninteresting repetitive tasks. I don’t want to run a daily rotations of achievements.

This game is slowly becoming more and more about fulfilling chores to get max gear and time savers. The game should just be convenient from the start with a focus on creating challenging content and important storylines.

It’s all designed to be painful so you have to spend money in order to get convenience, so since they want me to spend money to get convenience, I’m willing to if they let me spend a lot of money once so I never have to worry about it again. $300 over the next 5 years of the game to never have to worry about additional tiers of gear, and being able to customize my builds at will is totally worth it. It’s like paying $60 every year for a new game, since they’ll hopefully be releasing content that’s not timeboxed so I can splurg, then stop playing a while, then play a little bit consitently if I want, then splurg again, and stop a while…

The game isn’t playing out to be pickup and put down like they described, like what they had in their last game. They were supposed to do an MMO like they did their last game, but they are doing an MMO like all previous MMOs. Either take my money and give me the experience I want or get no more from me and see me jump in game get frustrated and stop. I don’t like ultimatums, but what they are doing is extremely frustrating when I think back on my experience with Guild Wars.

in Suggestions

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

There’s a difference between grind, and working towards stuff. You clearly don’t like either… plenty of people who do like it.

in Suggestions

Shockwave.1230

There’s a difference between grind, and working towards stuff. You clearly don’t like either… plenty of people who do like it.

And there’s plenty of companies that do that for gear grind and the things I’ve said I don’t like. ANet got away from doing the things I (and others) liked from Guild Wars, which is why me and a bunch of other people are upset, but mostly because they were niche and no other company has made a game like ANet’s original Guild Wars, or if one does exist I don’t know about it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Infinite gathering equipment, agree. Personally I feel the ones that were sold should remain permanently on the gem store and be retroactively made account bound instead of character bound, IMHO.

High level armor on the gem store (or any non aesthetic only armor), strongly disagree. That would put the game heavily towards a P2W that I disagree with and I believe has been succesfully avoided so far.

Builds saver and switching in towns is something I believe should be available as a regular game feature. Even if you want to keep it related to gems (hey, they have to make money as well), just make it so we need to unlock slots to store builds on them, maybe give 2 slots for free and the ability to unlock more with gems.

And as for games like GW1, well, that depends on what exactly is it you miss from it. DDO, for example, is structured a LOT like GW1, with persistent open world cities and towns where you gather party members and instanced adventure areas only for you and your party, NPCs that can replace players in parties and stuff like that.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.