300 silk per day? Needs to be 150

in Suggestions

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Lump of Mithrillium – 50 Mithril Ingots, which is 100 Mithril Ore a day, that’s fair enough, considering you can easily salvage for it, as well as easily mine it.

Glob of Elder Spirit Residue – 50 Elder Wood Planks, which is 150 Elder Wood per day, sure, fair enough, we can salvage and chop it quite easily.

Spool of Thick Elonian Cord – 50 Cured Thick Leather Square, that’s 150 Thick Leather Sections per day. Hmm, we can only salvage for it, still, I suppose 150 isn’t all that bad, but it is pushing it.

Spool of Silk Weaving Thread – 100 Bolts of Silk, uh, what? 300 silk scrap per day? And the only way we can get it is by salvaging? And we need 300 per day? What?

I understand that you wanted to drain the massive supply of silk on the market, the damage has been done, you’ve succeeded, the price has increased by over 1200%, now it is time to reduce the daily material to 150 per day to bring it in line with the others, because 300 per day is utterly ridiculous and REQUIRES the use of the trading post, you cant harvest it, no player will get 300 per day on their own unless they’re playing 8 hours or more a day.

Edit: price has now increased by over 2200%. 5g for 300 silk scrap

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Arguably, why not add a means to harvest Cloth and Leather beyond just salvaging? Add certain types of mobs that can be slain easily and then their wool/silk/leather can be harvested. Perhaps with a new kind of gathering item. A knife or something.

It’d be nice to have some nodes for them.

in Suggestions

Have No Faith In Me.1840

^ I do like the sound of that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nitross.6987

Nitross.6987

I agree with you, Vexander. I find it odd that things like silk (or cotton, jute and linen for that matter) does not seem to come from anything but salvaged clothing; how were they made in the first place?

It would be nice to have a greater variety ways of getting those materials according to their composition, such as:

• some plant gathering nodes for jute, cotton and linen;
  • having animals like Stags drop items like pelts and hides for leather salvaging;
  • having grubs drop a salvageable item (sticky silk thread?) that turns into silk scraps at appropriate levels;
  • dolyaks and sheep dropping “coarse wool” to salvage into wool scraps;
  • a “fine spider silk” item added to high level spiders that would salvage into silk or gossamer scraps (the term is sometimes used to refer to fine spider silk).

Putting these nodes and drops in would not even require another type of gathering tool, so it should be possible to do fairly easily. The only problem I would see with it is that, if the creatures with the new drops are too easy to kill, we might have a resurgence of bot framing.

- Fort Aspenwood -

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I agree with you, Vexander. I find it odd that things like silk (or cotton, jute and linen for that matter) does not seem to come from anything but salvaged clothing; how were they made in the first place?

Discarded Garment, Rag, Torn Rag, Torn Garment, etc most of them drop very regularly from certain mobs (grawl and orges)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Discarded Garment, Rag, Torn Rag, Torn Garment, etc most of them drop very regularly from certain mobs (grawl and orges)

Why not include, “Pile of Rags,” or something in certain places then? Camps or Caves or such? Seems like an easy enough node to work with. Add animal carcasses for gathering leather or something.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

I play 8 hours or more a day and salvage everything and even I don’t get 300 silk per day. This is ridiculous

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nitross.6987

Nitross.6987

For the purpose of my post, I consider those to be clothing as well; unusable but, still clothing. Before it was discarded or torn, how was this garment made? Cotton, jute and linen are plant fibers, there should be plant nodes for them. Silk is produced by silk worms; why doesn’t any wurm or grub drop some? Or there could be silk nodes in some grub infested caves.

What I’m saying is that, since those materials are inspired by real life, the way to obtain them should be inspired by real life as well.

I find it odd that the only way to make new clothing is to kill someone and steal their rags. Not very good for the economy, although it would explain why people run around naked so frequently.

- Fort Aspenwood -

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

The easier method you propose is actually much more complex than the system we already have and at level 80 leather and cloth armors drop like crazy and can be easily salvaged for tons of silk (that’s how we got the surplus in the first place and has been the system for obtaining these mats since launch) so their is no need to change that. As for the other tiers apart from salvaging different loot bag drops contain tons of these as well. Your opinion aside, torn rags etc are NOT clothes/gear and how the mobs “made” them to drop them in the first place is silly and a non point O.o if a mob drops an exotic sword I don’t assume the mob actually crafted it in order to be able to drop it. There is no way to ‘gather’ leathers and clothes, there never has been, and there won’t be. It must still be acquired in the same manner as everyone who has crafted before you since day 1 of the game. Personally, I recommend farming them from events where you can tag/kill tons of mobs in a short time in order to salvage your mats I.e. dungeons, scarlets attacks, champ trains, etc. This method will also supplement your gold at the same time so you can buy some of the other mats that you need. Good luck and happy grinding

Edit…I do agree that 300 is a lot though. Just a couple months ago they changed the refining recipes for silk and elder logs to dispose of some of the surplus of these mats. I don’t think that that was a smart decision as it didn’t work and now with the release of the new asc. recipes it has only served to be a pain in the ssa

(edited by Tman.6349)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I dont know what you are complaining about, I’ve kept all my mats and currently have well over 25 stacks of silk scraps.

Whose fault is it that they sold their silk scraps because they thought they were worthless and never going to be used for anything….

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I would have kept them all if I could. Bank space only goes so far, though. I had a collection stack, 250 bolts in collection, and a stack in my bank. All gone now after making 2 ascended pieces. Not a problem, those are the only two I wanted — except, well, the Light of Dwayna which needs 1500 bolts of silk is going to take a while now.

Even knowing something will be useful later doesn’t make it keepable now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

One of the reasons that the trading post is so powerful in this game is that you don’t have to farm mats — you can farm anything you like, convert it to gold, and then buy what you need.

Just before ascended weapons first came out, I was farming 50-100 elder wood logs/day and I thought, eh, not that much effort to make that 150. And it wasn’t that much more effort.

It was, however, completely dull and vaguely stressful. The original farm I used would sometimes generate 50 logs, sometimes 100 and I didn’t really sweat the difference. But trying to make it a guaranteed 150…that made it a chore instead of a short bit of fun.

I dropped the idea of farming the logs and just buy them now. Yeah, it’s painful to spend a few gold every few days to buy logs, but it takes 10 seconds to put in the buy order on the TP and then I can go back to playing the game.

With ascended armor, the TP is an even more efficient system: people like me who want to craft ascended gear pay for the time spent by others in farming foes of the appropriate level, salvaging (or promoting) the scraps, and so on.

Or we can also choose to wait a few months for the price of ascended mats to drop, at which point it might even be a better use of our time to buy those mats directly.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Suggestions

Have No Faith In Me.1840

I dont know what you are complaining about, I’ve kept all my mats and currently have well over 25 stacks of silk scraps.

Irrelevant. In 20 days your stacks will be 0, then you will realise that 300 per day is ridiculous.

@ Illconceived Was Na.9781, the point here is that it is 300 per day, while the others are 100 ore and 150 log/leather per day. 300 is ridiculously high for a salvage only aquisition, and not even remotely achievable in one day without the TP.

I’m going to call it now, if it stays at 300 per day, silk scrap will be close to 1g per piece within a month. And then it will definitely be impossible to do in ONE DAY.

Edit: and lets not forget that this shafts WvW players even harder than the previous daily materials. WvW players STILL have no real means of obtaining ascended equipment without PvE game play (20:1 loot ratio, PvE : WvW)

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Yes please. Reduce it to 150 silk scraps a day at least. I’ve gone through all the stacks of silk I saved up and now I’m having to pay around 3 gold a day (and rising) trying to keep up with this time-gated content. As someone who spends 90% of their time in WvW, I’m actually getting to the point where I simply can’t afford the silk scraps anymore and gathering 300 scraps a day just isn’t viable (especially in WvW). Everyday that you cannot afford to craft the ascended materials is another day you will have to wait for your Ascended armour. That’s just not fun.

In general, it’s obvious that Anet just haven’t though the new Ascended armour crafting through. We cannot go out into the game world and gather stuff with certainty in the same way we can with Ascended weapons and that’s just sad. We’re all stuck with the TP and the awful price hikes that are going on right now.

As more and more people run out of their banked silk scrap stacks, the amount of complaints is going to increase. I can only hope that then Anet will address this.

Gandara

in Suggestions

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Updated the OP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoe.8310

Zoe.8310

It would seem weird to drop the recipe requirement. Just increase the drop rate of stuff that salvages into silk. Or increase the amount of silk you get when you salvage.

They could easily do that “silently” where changing the recipe is a very visible/abrupt change.

in Suggestions

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Bump for justice

in Suggestions

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

Let’s all pretend that that rising silk prices hurts everyone and helps no one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Agreed… what’s even more hilarious about the whole thing: you are making SILK WEAVING THREAD correct? so this thread takes truckloads of silk, and then….GOSSAMER THREAD AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA trolololololololololol
Instead of say: SILK THREAD to make SILK WEAVING THREAD. Don’t ask me, this looks like the kind of thing you might get out of a government or some corporate office rather than anyone who might actually know something about how markets work. Sorry, but the entire ascended crafting thing pushed well beyond insane from the start (not all of us have 1 character who uses 2 or 3 weapons), and while I understand they wanted to reduce the silk surplus, I think that would have happened naturally (and at a much more healthy rate) if they had started the damask thing with normalized values as per all the other ascended materials…especially since they still have 4 more human gods worth of back pieces to go, and no reason not to include damask in their construction.

And while you’re at it…dev’s please take a minute to nerf hammer the dragonite/bloodstone/empyreal requirements too for poor souls with more than a few characters.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

What I don’t get about the new changes to silk is… a friend told me, there were just SO much silk that was sold back to the TP, that ANet made it so instead of 2 piece = 1 bolt, that it’s not 3 pieces per 1 bolt… and the thing is, and please if I am wrong correct me nicely, that when you sold it back to the TP, going on the TP, to me, suggest that it was going into a Cosmic vortex, never to be seen again. It’s a computer system, it calculates numbers… I can’t rightful wrap my mind around that somewhere in Tyria, all this silk is held up in a warehouse somewhere…

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

What I don’t get about the new changes to silk is… a friend told me, there were just SO much silk that was sold back to the TP, that ANet made it so instead of 2 piece = 1 bolt, that it’s not 3 pieces per 1 bolt… and the thing is, and please if I am wrong correct me nicely, that when you sold it back to the TP, going on the TP, to me, suggest that it was going into a Cosmic vortex, never to be seen again. It’s a computer system, it calculates numbers… I can’t rightful wrap my mind around that somewhere in Tyria, all this silk is held up in a warehouse somewhere…

It’s still definitely 3 pieces per 1 bolt of silk, and 100 bolts to make the weaving thread means 300 silk scraps needed… as for that silk warehouse, we know evon gnashblade is dirty, money hungry and hold the monopoly that allows him to charge sometimes insane “listing fees” (not many people sell legendaries after making them, but most of them sell for amounts who’s listing fee is several hundred gold in and of itself), so the warehouses of silk…or the stuff simply being deleted, wouldn’t surprise me at all

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

It’s still definitely 3 pieces per 1 bolt of silk, and 100 bolts to make the weaving thread means 300 silk scraps needed… as for that silk warehouse, we know evon gnashblade is dirty, money hungry and hold the monopoly that allows him to charge sometimes insane “listing fees” (not many people sell legendaries after making them, but most of them sell for amounts who’s listing fee is several hundred gold in and of itself), so the warehouses of silk…or the stuff simply being deleted, wouldn’t surprise me at all

Yes, I understand it is 3 scrap per 1 bolt, but is my friend correct is stating that it went from 2 scraps to 3 per 1 bolt because there’s SO MUCH silk in the game, that Arena rared the requirement of bolts to get rid of some of the silk that sat on the TP in the form of numbers?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…